Your wishlist for 1.2

Panzerfire

So I noticed there weren't any posts like this yet so, what do you wish for assassins in 1.2 ?

Me :

• Continuation of storyline with Zash, yes I know it's unlikely that Bioware will work on story development right now.
  • At least one decent looking craftable armor set ( similar to saber marshall or something )
  • No nerfs !
  • Stealth opener ? Meh, devided on this, guess we can use a better one but it might become unbalanced.
  • Melee-friendly bosses, sure everything is doable but why should melee need to play/be better to beat content compared to range classes ?
  • Smoother animation of certain melee skills... *cough* assasinate *cough* maul.
  • Can't really think of a lot of improvements left, maybe nerf some of the bosses during the story questline ? Can't say I've had problems leveling a darkness assassin but have read enough complaints about them.
  • Kinetic ward, don't know, not really such a big deal and it's not like it's impossible to tank with it being based on amount of shield charges.
  • Maybe a + [percentage main stat] increase like other classes get in their skill trees (I believe only us and marauders don't get it), with augment slots on armor they have a bigger advantage (well, usually +9% or +6% mainstat). This is probably on purpose for balance between AC's but still, surprises me that nobody has pointed it out so far.

Yes I did kill Khem, it was the only meaningful decision during our entire (pretty bad) storyline and I don't want a Khem who talks half of the time in his voice and the other half in Zash's voice, I want a Zash in Khem's body who plots how to kill me during the next storyline phase.

Guess that's all for me, who knows, maybe somebody on development will read through the suggestions on this thread so be sure to post yours !

Edited by Panzerfire

I'm only level 36 but am rank 20-something.

I want force cloak to work better. sometimes it only lasts 1-2 seconds and i am visible and dead. sometimes it lasts nearly its full duration but something pulls me out of it. In the situations that it seems designed for, it only works 50% of the time or less.

I want in/out of combat mechanics balanced. Why must I run 30 yards away to seethe and re-stealth? It seems very much in favor of ranged classes. Also, any class with a heal can just sit right out in the open and heal themself. Ranged are probably already 15+ yards out making the distance they might have to travel to regen much smaller. Plus what am I gonna do to keep them from doing that once they are that far away?

- Surge and lighting charge generates less threat.

- More mods/eq that DONT have alacrity, its just useless for assassins to have a shorter cast time.

- Neutral relics

- 50 more force points (standered) and the extra 10 from deception tree should an extra 25.

Making the max 175 instead of 110.

- Dark ward made less annoying so i dont have to click it every 20 seconds

I also don't like the Zash storyline at all because it's off the wall ridiculous. Khem Vhal was cool and exotic as he was, the "extra" is just like a circus.

I would like to see perhaps Zash get her body back or someone new so Inq could have another attractive female companion at least.

My biggest wish would be:

Assassin style clothes. I hate it to look like a magician. Give us robes like e.g. Darth Maul.

Every Marauder looks more like an assassin than us.

I second third and fourth this as well. More interesting looking attacks would be nice too, there is just not as much style with the 2hander as I've seen with the other classes, nowhere near the movies.

It'd have to be in some streamlined attack system though because I literally have no more room for keybinds and there are plenty of attacks I don't use at all. The ability bloat in this game is amazing.

Edited by Otaking_SW

no, no charge! That is what stealth is for. You're an assassin, act like it or roll a jugg if you want a charge.

When they add a strong opening move that would give a tank a reason to stealth to a mob then we'll talk. Until that day, WTB Charge.

yeah i agree a charge would be nice. and to the person complaining they have to click dark ward every 20 secs. its a bonus 20% shield chance for 20 secs with a 12 second CD, stop complaining. i only pop it about 30% of the time as is.

BETTER LOOKING GEAR PLEASE

I'm going to agree that we don't need a charge. Force Speed is better.. the only limitations are when you are trying to get on a ledge, but being able to control which direction you move and not rely on some enemy in front to use it are huge advantages to Force Speed.

1. talents to shorten the duration of Dots for madness

2. a bit more survivability for deception

3. make dark ward either just last the duration or only decay one charge per gcd but reduce the amount of shield bonus to match the PT passive bonus

Edited by kainsec

Making force speed for assassins a 20 second cooldown with movement impair break baseline, without the talent needed.

This wouldn't make deception and/or madness super powerful but it sure would make them more viable. You have to dip 11 points into the darkness tree to pick up the disjunction talent (movement break for force speed) which takes a lot of fun out of 31 point specs in the other two trees imo.

This just seems like something every assassin should have. It is what completes the class in pvp.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

+10% crit on all attacks

+10% base surge

A higher HP pool for deception, can be via tree

swap of animation and hit time for assassinate and larcerate.

while we are at it,

cookies for dark siders

Class specific mount/ sins get the most awesome one

Break these silly hybrid specs. 650k damage and 200k heals from a sorc/Sage is retarded.

Make our maul proc remove positional req. it's a fraking light saber. If we're going fishing for internal organs, it doesn't really matter where we come in from.

Make sorc friendly grip healer only or make sin grip baseline.

It's not really that madness and deception are bad, it's that there are a lot of better options.

Break these silly hybrid specs. 650k damage and 200k heals from a sorc/Sage is retarded.

Make our maul proc remove positional req. it's a fraking light saber. If we're going fishing for internal organs, it doesn't really matter where we come in from.

That.

Also, Darkness > Deception due to the fact you're not laying on the floor in a couple of seconds. Deception needs some sort of increase in survivability to make it look attractive. The last thing any developer wants is to pigeon hole a class into one spec just due to the obvious Pros VS. Cons. This NEVER turns out well for the class because people cant be competitive and play what they want to play.

Everyone knows Assassin tanks are VERY hard to kill.

I'd like to see The 2nd tier Darkness talents cleaned up. As it stands Lightning Recovery is the only staple of that row, with everything else being filler. Electric execution seems particularly useless.

Making the root break available to Dec/Madness specs would do well to improve their viability too.

I'm also expecting some significant nerfs to the upper levels of Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 75% multiplier on Harnessed Darkness get toned down (why is that even in a tank tree to begin with?) and/or an increased CD on Wither.

Our tank tree puts up 3x the damage of virtually any other tank specs, besides maybe PT. So a nerf is definitely coming.

Edited by SenatorPalpaTANG

I expect some changes to this class which is fine, it needs it. I can see darkness getting a nerf, probably in the damage department, nothing major but I have put out some serious numbers in warzones and its sick. With a slight nerf to darkness they have to buff up deception and madness ability to survive, I mean you get sneezed on and you go down.

I just hope they do not make this class completely useless but this is all speculation as nothing points to a change yet so who knows.