Cross-Server PvP is upcoming - Why?

ZeusThunder

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I don't want to play with the same people over and over and over again on my server when ranked WZs come out. I want competition. If the community wants a community based server then it is on them to host events and such.

The general things associated to cross-server PvP are:

- Complete lack of community, you'll never see the people you had a match with ever again.

- Complete lack of peer pressure to play well and not do things like AFK the whole match.

- For those on heavily populated servers, the queues would become longer than they are now.

- The goal of PvP becomes to have your name on top of a leaderboard with 1 million plus other people that you've never met before.

1. Community? I'm in a WZ to have fun. Not form a social network.

2. No amount of peer pressure is going to stop someone from AFKing. It's not like anyone can keep you out of a WZ because they think you're not contributing. As far as I'm concerned not playing objectives is worse and I haven't been able to peer pressure anyone into playing any WZ properly.

3. Heavily populated servers have... longer queues?

4. That's maybe why you play and probably why your team loses all the time :)

1. Community? I'm in a WZ to have fun. Not form a social network.

2. No amount of peer pressure is going to stop someone from AFKing. It's not like anyone can keep you out of a WZ because they think you're not contributing. As far as I'm concerned not playing objectives is worse and I haven't been able to peer pressure anyone into playing any WZ properly.

3. Heavily populated servers have... longer queues?

4. That's maybe why you play and probably why your team loses all the time :)

Yeah this "community" thing is a lot of BS. I recognize tons of ppl in my server and if I want to play with them, I'll group with them.

This isn't SWG. No one cares about your little moisture farm community.

Has it occurred to Bioware to even ask the community if they want this? There is a fantastic in-game polling system that is never used. What if 75% of the community DOES NOT want cross-server PvP?

I'd be curious to see what the reasoning is behind this upcoming change. The general things associated to cross-server PvP are:

- Complete lack of community, you'll never see the people you had a match with ever again.

- Complete lack of peer pressure to play well and not do things like AFK the whole match.

- For those on heavily populated servers, the queues would become longer than they are now.

- The goal of PvP becomes to have your name on top of a leaderboard with 1 million plus other people that you've never met before.

Bioware many people don't care about how they rank against people on other servers. They want to compete against and play with the people that they can actually interact with afterwards. They want to play a MMO, not BF3 with lightsabers.

I have yet to see Bioware even address this. Do they have a better system? Do they recognize these issues exist but don't care? Has any community research been done at all before deciding this was the direction you wanted to go?

During development it was stated Bioware would listen to their players. I have yet to see this. I see some responses to people on the forums (which is not even close to being everyone) and nothing else.

1.) Because it's easier than actually fixing the server acitivity/population problems.

2.) Because "Ranked" matches on a single server are easily rigged especially when each faction only has 20 or so people on on a regular basis.

3.) The whole point of PvP is competition. If I actually have to explain why it's more competitive with more people then you should probably go ahead and uninstall.

4.) "It kills the community" argument is only valid when referring to PvE and queuing up with people from other servers. In the case of PvP if someone is an ******e they're still held accountable because they're still queuing specifically from your server.

5.) Who the **** wants to play Huttball any more than they have to?

Edited by Cepheid

They said all warzones will allow same faction queues in update 1.2 based off what I read off the guild summit chat. So, saying it's because you don't want to play huttball over and over again makes no sense.

As for shortening queues, when people say 'it'll shorten queues' I realize math and rational reasoning aren't in vogue these days, but mathematically, I already pointed out how with same faction queues for all warzone maps, this argument makes no sense.

If you used rational reasoning and math then you would understand why it would drastically shorten queues, as others have stated, and as it has in other games.

Saying it's because I don't want to play hutball over and over makes perfect sense to anyone who uses rational reasoning.

Agreed.

Shouldn't have rolled a faction that 75% of the other kiddies rolled as well.

I 300% agree with the OP. this is game breaking for me any many many others I know!

It's a shame the path the PvP team is taking in this game, darn shame. But what can you expect? They've already admittedly said the ONLY world PvP area has gotten the shaft...It is my opinion that world PvP and a good community died when blizzard made it insta queue instances and not all open world areas to run to.

With posts like this I'm starting to believe all the problems people have with this game are due more in part by the people who are playing it and less so by the developers behind it. masses of people have been whining and complaining non stop, sometimes about valid issues and sometimes about absolutely ******** ones but now people are finding problems with cross server pvp matches?! this system has been implemented successfully in many mmo's at this point and in any game that it has been implemented in, it has always improved upon the pvp of that game. It's absolutely mind boggling that people are somehow finding issues with this system and are against it. unbelievable...

Blah, blah, blah. Good move by Bioware. My PvP premade team wants to compete against everyone in the ToR community, not just the 4 or 5 serious PvP teams on my own server.

This

And for who dont agree just play normal wz simple like that

No. It's a good move. THey asked me and I told them too.

Also, give me a Flashpoint LFD. I was spamming for 45 minutes today for a healer to do Red Reaper. Contrary to what some here may say, repeating "Need healer for Red Reaper and GTG" a hundred times is not "community".

Just let me quest while I wait for queue to pop. That is all.

1) Shorter queues. Wait, what? How does having 100 people in the pool vs 1000 people in the pool make a queue for your 16 man game shorter?
with 3 poor wz and random choice, maybe

but if your game is not broken and actually allow ppl to chose what they want to play, poll of 1000 players is better

it will make easier to find ppl who want to play same wz as you

This is a joke, right? No sane person can be against cross server pvp.

In "that other mmo" at any goiven time the longest i have to wait for a wz is 2 minutes.

AT ANY GIVEN TIME! It doesnt matter if your server is small, it doesnt matter if it 2 o´clock in the night. So with cross server wzs I´ll be able to VPV whneever I want and that is a bad thing? Gosh pople REALLY will whine about everything

i dont mind much, though ill miss playing against some of the better level 50 pvpers on my server. hopefully the rated war zones will present a decent chance of playing against teams from your own server.

for the under 50s group, it doesnt matter.

I think the answer to your question lies within your own quote :

"Originally Posted by White-light

It's the vocal minority that provide valuable feedback and should be used as a guide as to what's right and what's wrong with the game."

Which patch did they add a community? I have never seen one. You mean the community that rolls for gear for alts? Maybe the community that races speeders around the fleet like they just got a bigwheel for their birthday. Yeah, and the current LFG tool, GENERAL CHAT, which isn't working at all. Btw, your community drops group immediately after a FP is completed.

I don't get why people support a Cross Server PvP tool which basically kills the PvP community on the server but don't like the notion of Cross Server PvE tool which only dampens the PvE community as raids and HM"s would still be done intra server. Brain boggled.

This is a joke, right? No sane person can be against cross server pvp.

In "that other mmo" at any goiven time the longest i have to wait for a wz is 2 minutes.

AT ANY GIVEN TIME! It doesnt matter if your server is small, it doesnt matter if it 2 o´clock in the night. So with cross server wzs I´ll be able to VPV whneever I want and that is a bad thing? Gosh pople REALLY will whine about everything

Then why don't you go play "that other game"?

Which patch did they add a community? I have never seen one. You mean the community that rolls for gear for alts? Maybe the community that races speeders around the fleet like they just got a bigwheel for their birthday. Yeah, and the current LFG tool, GENERAL CHAT, which isn't working at all. Btw, your community drops group immediately after a FP is completed.

This is the community WoW has handed us on a silver platter. BioWare hopefully is trying to break people of their bad habits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.