I feel bad for Jedi Knights

Naethion

the first twenty levels they get a crappy Tank and DPS companion, where as Sith Warriors get a ****** DPS and a healer as early as level 20. I feel like they really got the shaft on the leveling end.

Warriors have no chance at a healer companion at level 20. Quinn is our 3rd companion (not counting the droid) and we get him closer to 30

Its not that bad actually. I have a sw and a jk. Both groups of companions work fine.

Agreed; while I appreciate Vette for what she is and can do; I actually like having the droid tank and I really like getting Kira at a low level since I preferred Jaessa to Vette in the end. I havent used Doc, but I understand he is as lame as Quinn. I always hated being at 10% health and Quinn at 98%, he blows he heals on himself, then auto-attacks mobs while I die, and I have a 50 jugg and mara, so there was plenty of bad experiences with him.

Never liked Pierce or Broonmark much myself; dont know if I will find tank droid fail come level 40+ when mobs hit much harder and it seemed Broonmark and Pierce both die in 4 seconds.

No matter, will probably use Kira 100% of the way anyhow.

Warriors have no chance at a healer companion at level 20. Quinn is our 3rd companion (not counting the droid) and we get him closer to 30

You must have done the planets in some kind of crazy order or took your sweet time leveling. You get Quinn on Balmorra which is a 16-20 planet for Imperials and he is our 2nd(3rd if you count the droid)companion..

Edited by Temeluchus

Jedi Knight isn't that bad at all actually. Kira kicks some serious butt and things only start to slow down a couple levels before you get Doc (coming from a defense guardian's point of view). Once you get Doc, things pick right back up, or at least they did for me.

Don't feel bad for us Sentinel, it's a blessing!

If you are using your healing companion, you are bad. It is the #1 indicator that you won't make it in PvP as a Sentinel/Marauder.

One of the few advantages we have on the Republic side is they don't give the healing companion until later, and it forces many of the terribads off the class.

I find your gear is what drives your progression not so much your companion. Slow periods tend to be players who let their gear lag behind. Even at 40 when pve npc's become much harder and tougher I have no issues as long as I keep my gear slots filled with near level blues and purples. The only companion at that point suffering tends to be tanks as they seem to scale poorly with gear at that level or at least specific ones.

It does alter play style slightly though. If you choose a dps companion then wiping out mass easy mobs is effortless but you reach your limits sooner against tougher mobs so it is all about what you are willing to take on. I've thus far preferred to aggro bounch between a dps companion and myself rather than a full blown tank companion or even a healer. Healer has been very situational for me.

Pre-20 nearly all pets do their most dps and even tanks do just fine against all mobs. It's the classes that do not get healers until their very last companion that I feel sorry for.

Edited by Tamanous

I liked having Quinn early on on my SW because I had zero downtime between pulls. (For him to be effective healing you need to leave him at range so he doesn't take huge damage, which was never an issue since I always leapt into the mobs leaving him at range.)

For my JK, Kira is great because with multiple mobs I only have to do half the work since she does equal DPS as I do. But then I end up having to heal after 3 or 4 pulls or after an elite mob.

So both kinda balance out. I guess there's illusion of the SW being able to move quicker because you have no downtime, but it's made up by taking longer to kill things.

But I also didn't like having T7 as a tank as my first companion for JK. I'd rather have had a DPS like Vette. Plus T7 wasn't a very effective tank IMO...he seemed to survive longer in his DPS stance.

What? No... Balmorra is late teens to early 20s for Empire, and that's where we get Quinn. Jaesa is our third companion, and we don't get her until the end of Chapter 1, so there's no way you could have skipped Quinn that long that he would be your 3rd companion. He's required to finish the first half of Chapter 1.

He's propably talking about droid.

He specifically said "not counting the droid" though. If he was counting the droid, he'd know that 2V-R8 is a healer.

Edited by Vid-szhite

the first twenty levels they get a crappy Tank and DPS companion, where as Sith Warriors get a ****** DPS and a healer as early as level 20. I feel like they really got the shaft on the leveling end.

Yea, but they get Lord Scourge !!! and we get some fat *** yeti lookin thing that I will never use just because its so stupid looking.

Yea, but they get Lord Scourge !!! and we get some fat *** yeti lookin thing that I will never use just because its so stupid looking.

It's a Talz. And I've got that one yesterday. I deem it quite likely I'll never use it. As a Marauder I run around with Jaesa ever since I got her. Only bring out Quinn on the elites or tough parts. Before I got Jaesa I've used Vette.

At the person who claimed we get Quinn at around level 30. Wrong mate, I got him at 19.

Edited by SandsOfArrakis

What? No... Balmorra is late teens to early 20s for Empire, and that's where we get Quinn. Jaesa is our third companion, and we don't get her until the end of Chapter 1, so there's no way you could have skipped Quinn that long that he would be your 3rd companion. He's required to finish the first half of Chapter 1.

He specifically said "not counting the droid" though. If he was counting the droid, he'd know that 2V-R8 is a healer.

Hmm..i must have Quiin and Jaesa mixed up

Don't feel bad for us Sentinel, it's a blessing!

If you are using your healing companion, you are bad. It is the #1 indicator that you won't make it in PvP as a Sentinel/Marauder.

One of the few advantages we have on the Republic side is they don't give the healing companion until later, and it forces many of the terribads off the class.

Idiotic statement is idiotic.

Warriors get Quinn at the end of Balmorra, so that is 3 companions (dps/droid/healer)from the first 3 planets. Which, in my books is pretty good.

The only class that I have found that beats that is the Trooper, which gets 4 companions from the first 4 planets (dps/droid/healer/tank). Compare that with the BH which gets the 3rd companion from the 5th planet. (healer/droid/dps)

Including the ship droid.

This probably impacts leveling very little if the player knows what he is doing, but it does impact crafting quite a bit (for whatever that is worth).