please disable cross faction communication

Bluetickone

I've far more positive cross faction conversations than not. A lot of the time the stuff people say to me cross faction is beter than whats happening in General chat of my faction...

So do you think bioware should disable all chat?

Other then the occasional smack talk from some of the more arrogant pubs on my server, local chat can get rather amusing and funny at times when you run into the same people over and over and inadvertently 'get to know them' to a degree. Being a concealment Op I have the liberty to hang near the enemy groups and trade comments and have a few giggles now and then with some of the pubs I genuinely like pvping against.

Plus its fun as hell to say something in local from stealth and watch the pubs go all paranoid trying to figure out where I'm hiding. Stealth scans start dropping all over, people huddle up and watch their backs with borderline paranoia that I'll pop out of hiding to stab one of them, it adds a bit of amusement to what might otherwise be considered monotony in warzones like Civil War.

It is generally really good on RP servers, and it even got me to roll an Imp after chatting to some very decent people in Ilum. After we had killed each other a few time, of course. Also lets me tell gankers how brave they look from my end.

I'm really glad we have it - and if they are that bad can't you just ignore them?

Its lame -- basically amounts to a bunch of profanity and infantile ****. Thanks, but no thanks.

Consider * a minimum of realism* as part of the game´s design.

They all speak the same language ("Basic") and many of them are mortal enemies. Of couse they will talk and understand each other.

please ENABLE it tbh

/say isnt enough

makes absolutely not sense not being able to have rep talk with imps. both humanoid races. its possible for them to talk to each other in the movies. why shouldnt it be allowed in game?

would actually help alot to build up a better community. to organize stuff that the game failed to organize (like pvp settings etc)

not being able to wisper/email etc cross faction was one of the worst design deicsions of BW ever

This feature is one of the best things, considering the fact that in SW universe basic is spread across republic and empire.

Best thing is a lot of people don't know they can chat with the other faction! You can easily tell WoW dumba*s kids when they spam you with nonsense emotes when it's a lot easier to simply /say.

People that say WoW's prevention of cross-faction talk was a good idea don't remember the kind of animosity it builds between factions. Not being able to communicate dehumanizes the other faction and helps fuel world PvP.

/say should not go cross-faction.

People that say WoW's prevention of cross-faction talk was a good idea don't remember the kind of animosity it builds between factions. Not being able to communicate dehumanizes the other faction and helps fuel world PvP.

/say should not go cross-faction.

World PvP is a non-factor in this game and was never designed for, so not a problem!

Edited by EternalFinality

World PvP is a non-factor in this game and was never designed for, so not a problem!

It's only a non-factor because no one does it. What if you had a reason to seek out and kill the other faction? A reason, like, actually disliking them because they were dehumanized?

Edited by Absit

It's only a non-factor because no one does it. What if you had a reason to seek out and kill the other faction? A reason, like, actually disliking them because they were dehumanized?

There's no easy way to seek out the other faction because the zones aren't designed for it.

Also, there are no death penalties - they revive where you kill them as if nothing happened.

So yeah, you have to go out of your way AND there's no point, "dehumanized" or not.

And trust me, I dislike plenty of them even more BECAUSE they can and do talk.

Edited by EternalFinality

There's no easy way to seek out the other faction because the zones aren't designed for it.

Also, there are no death penalties - they revive where you kill them.

So yeah, you have to go out of your way AND there's no point, "dehumanized" or not.

And trust me, I dislike plenty of them even more BECAUSE they can and do talk.

Oh no, you have to hunt them down! It's just not worth that 5 minute trip!

Oh no, they can respawn right where the died..the first time. Subsequent deaths start to add up on that timer. And every time you kill them they rage a little bit more.

Sounds worth it if you genuinely dislike someone. Not all gratification is instant, but sometimes it's worth it just for the satisfaction.

That's not a reason. Unless you're a nazi or something. In fact, thinking on it, this idea/statement is really disturbing. :(

In other games enemies were enemies, you just kileld them.

For some reason im finding I HATE Sith. I enjoy beating their acne faces into the ground & spouting some trash talk after we win a WZ (not that we win very many!).

I'm glad we can /say

To me it follows the movies and the inspiration of the game best. Can you imagine Vader NOT being able to tell Luke "Luke... I am your father"?!

Or Leia NOT being able to talk to the Commanders on the Imperial Fleet?!

This is one of the few MMO's that allow interaction between ALL players and I like it ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.