Best pvp healer?

Azesino

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sage/sorc is definitely the best because of force armor basically. almost never ending force pool.. i don't know about commando, i have yet only scoundrel and sage healers and sage is by far A LOT better, and a lot easier to play

"It´s definitely the best but I don´t even know one of the 3 classes"...*?*

Then you are totaly wrong.

Sorc/Sage just for this INSANE AoE healing + Bubble (3.5k damage absorb spammable).

In addition you gain *** tons of CCs, knockbacks, snears whatever.

AND spam DD+Snear (lightning anyone??)

AND you can't stop them. Bubble+Sprint == fu... you rofl lolz, I just ignore you if I don't want to kill you.

Scoundrels/Operations are by FAR the weekest of all as they have no real CC at all and no 'get out' abilitys. And if you spec them for heal their damage is a bad joke (not that it is worth anything IF you spec damage).

But for real, there is absolut NO reason to play anything except Sorc/Sage atm ... and as BW allready anounced to nerf Mercs but let Sorc/Sage untoucht OP ... realy, no reason.

But hey, it's OK when this stupid nobrain class can reach 500k damage AND healing in one match *sig*. Anyone with half a brain would notice how OP it is. But seams BW is either blind or stupid.

I put down enought Sorcs using my operative to know better. I can kill sorc healer but it's impossible for me to kill trooper healer. And if he have a guard on him...

Sorry but YOU are wrong here. Dead healer is bad healer. Better to have less heals but for longer time than good heals for short period.

"It´s definitely the best but I don´t even know one of the 3 classes"...*?*

well im sure that some people are posting about not having played all 3 but just seeing everything from warzones/ilum, i just haven't played commando but i know about heavy armor, their CC's, ammo and how much they heal, but i never saw a commando that would pull more heal than sage/sorc

Never ending force pool for sage healer? Are you sure you're playing seer lol.

Definitely merc/commando healer. My guildie survives 4~ regularly on him. Sage healers? No way lol.

if u think its ending, have you player operative/scoundrel ? :p

its like having sage with 200~ force.

if you have noble sacrifice mastery and use channeling heal, you always crit and you almost never run out of force unless you really spam AoE heals, noble sacrifice mastery isn't even that needed for never ending heal

Edited by Akyio

Never ending force pool for sage healer? Are you sure you're playing seer lol.

Definitely merc/commando healer. My guildie survives 4~ regularly on him. Sage healers? No way lol.

The only way a commando survives against 4 dps is if the dps are really bad or severely under geared.

Commando's are very hard to kill if you're not working as a team, but interrupting the right heal or damaging them fast enough will render them out of power in just a few seconds. Sages tend to be more elusive and able to heal for more total damage, but tend to get dropped quickly by assassins and marauders. Operatives do not exist, I haven't seen one in a week on the swiftsure 10-49 warzones; they are probably irrelevant.

Commandos/Sages are great with for varying reasons. In pickup war zones a commando is going to feel pretty powerful, but its just a mirage.

if u think its ending, have you player operative/scoundrel ? :p

its like having sage with 200~ force.

if you have noble sacrifice mastery and use channeling heal, you always crit and you almost never run out of force unless you really spam AoE heals, noble sacrifice mastery isn't even that needed for never ending heal

I ran out of force in long fights such as voidstar even with the trance/noble sacrifice combo. PVE wise also same, ran out of it quite fast. Then again I've never played scoundrel so don't know how it works for them.

The only way a commando survives against 4 dps is if the dps are really bad or severely under geared.

Prolly so. I counted the people on him cus I wanted to know how many he can handle before he's floored.

Sage/sorc can get so high amount of heals is cus of their AoE heal .. pls see that. It doesn't mean that their survivability is better than commando. Dead healers = no heal.

sage/sorc by far. no contest at all. Not just for the pure healing prowess but the incomparable utility of the class itself.

but honestly, healing in this game is just as broken and overtuned as most mmos. you will be fine with whatever class you choose.

and thanks to guard and taunts it is much more forgiving as well, with great potential to become a real farce later on.

Edited by mufutiz

Sage/Sorc - Kites easily, bubble breaking also stuns attacker, mass cc....but hit them like a mac truck after 10-15 seconds of cc and resolve bar is full.

Sorry kid, you are wrong. A heal specced sorc/sage will NOT have the bubble blindness. It is not in the heal tree and unobtainable with points if you spec for healing. They also do not have insta cast whirlwind or root on knockback.

sage/sorc by far. no contest at all. Not just for the pure healing prowess but the incomparable utility of the class itself.

Sadly, this is a common misconception with bad players. I do agree that sorcerer 'can' put out the best raw healing numbers, however, against competent and organized enemies, they are extremely easy to shut down with interrupts. In rated play, any team that relies on a sorc for primary healing is going to be handicapped right out of the gate.

A merc/commando healer if vastly superior to a sorcerer healer in everyway outside of huttball.

I put down enought Sorcs using my operative to know better. I can kill sorc healer but it's impossible for me to kill trooper healer. And if he have a guard on him...

Sorry but YOU are wrong here. Dead healer is bad healer. Better to have less heals but for longer time than good heals for short period.

Dead on accurate assessment.

Then you are totaly wrong.

Sorc/Sage just for this INSANE AoE healing + Bubble (3.5k damage absorb spammable).

In addition you gain *** tons of CCs, knockbacks, snears whatever.

AND spam DD+Snear (lightning anyone??)

AND you can't stop them. Bubble+Sprint == fu... you rofl lolz, I just ignore you if I don't want to kill you.

Scoundrels/Operations are by FAR the weekest of all as they have no real CC at all and no 'get out' abilitys. And if you spec them for heal their damage is a bad joke (not that it is worth anything IF you spec damage).

But for real, there is absolut NO reason to play anything except Sorc/Sage atm ... and as BW allready anounced to nerf Mercs but let Sorc/Sage untoucht OP ... realy, no reason.

But hey, it's OK when this stupid nobrain class can reach 500k damage AND healing in one match *sig*. Anyone with half a brain would notice how OP it is. But seams BW is either blind or stupid.

First you are wrong.

Secondly you are grossly exaggerating.

Third you are completely clueless about this game.

You are one of those forum whiners that things sorcs/sages have stealth too right?

Which class is the best pvp healer?

Depends. Against competent enemies, organized enemies, or in rated play:

Merc/Commando is by far the best option.

Against random clueless idiots you can exploit:

Sorcerer.

Op/smug - run circles spamming instants that are good enough to keep them up 1 on 1. Does mean they aren't healing team though.

Exactly. On my scoundrel I will only top the healing charts if I can sequentially use 2s casts. If I have an equally geared DPS on me, they will keep me busy just keeping myself alive... not that that's hard to do, but I certainly won't have time to really dedicate any significant healing, (only hots/small instant here and there) to other players.

Personally, I think that's how healers should be though. If I have someone peeling that DPS for me I can push out enough healing to keep a few team mates up that are getting hammered. I didn't really hear much about this "a single DPS should not be able to negate a healer" garbage until RIFT.

In pvp in order (ofc my personal opinion):

merc/commando

operative/scounderal

sorc/sage

I know for sure in ranked matches you'll see most healers being merc or commando.

Different order in pve however.

Edited by Sookster

Depends. Against competent enemies, organized enemies, or in rated play:

Merc/Commando is by far the best option.

Against random clueless idiots you can exploit:

Sorcerer.

As a Merc healer myself, this is my take on the matter.

Merc / Commando for the win - if they are teamed up with a tank who can throw guard on them. I say this because between guard, the damage reduction bubble, and heavy armor makes for a very difficult team combination to break. And if you get stunlocked you have another heavy armor user who can watch your back. Voice communication with your guarding tank is also crucial to maintaining both players survivability.

But PUG Merc / Commando and you will swear they are the worse class of all. With no escapes and a lack of mobility, you become a magnet for every CC and interrupt that is being tossed. If you are pugging or don't have a tank to team with, I would actually argue that counselars and inquisitor healers have more survivibility. Even if a pug tank does throw guard on you, without communication with that person you both are still going to end up dead and quite often.

As for the IA / smuggler healers ... I don't see enough IAs to be much of a judge of them and the Smugglers on my server tend to run with multiple other healers so they all end up with high numbers regardless.

Sadly, this is a common misconception with bad players. I do agree that sorcerer 'can' put out the best raw healing numbers, however, against competent and organized enemies, they are extremely easy to shut down with interrupts. In rated play, any team that relies on a sorc for primary healing is going to be handicapped right out of the gate.

A merc/commando healer if vastly superior to a sorcerer healer in everyway outside of huttball.

How are Sages/Sorcs easy to shut down with interrupts? Shield is instant. HoT is instant and allows for quick casted Deliverance. If you do get interrupted, you can switch to using your spammable Benevolence. You shouldn't have to worry about the Force cost because you should either be dead or OoC pretty quick.

I've never really felt locked out because of interrupts on my Sage, there's always another spell I can cast. It's night and day as compared to say, my Commando or a healing Operative.

I think Sages/Commandos are pretty well matched, with Sages being specifically better for Huttball. Smugglers/Ops can use some work.

Edited by Soshla