New updated sub numbers (Official)

Improv-

Where you are making a fatal error in you thinking is believing that the casual players won't continue to support this game....Bioware already knows that is where their audience is and has even said that the game will move even further in that direction. Star Wars aside casual players love this game and are very happy with it; and I'm sorry but that is a huge demographic. GW2 has already said that it plans for their game to be brutal even in leveling, folks are bored senseless with WoW despite them basically walking you to Deathwing and handing you the armor (so much for Dungeons are hard eh?) TSW isn't going to be niche even Funcom says so.

What's left for casual players and those that want a Story based MMO? It's foolish to think that just because TOR doesn't have your demographic that it will automatically fail.

Just consider me the cold Pimp slap of reality. :)

I love this game but they need server merges or transfers soon because people are quitting because of no one to play with.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this game but they need server merges or transfers soon because people are quitting because of no one to play with.

WoW had the same problem if you will recall; they offered free transfers to the low pop servers I expect Bioware will do the same shortly.

To all people who keep saying that there are less people playing than during launch time...

Let me think... could it be that the game was launched around xmas, exactly around and during holydays? Hmm could this have to do with the full servers at launch?? Not sure... you tell me. :confused: :confused: :confused:

No seriously, I think a big factor of why there aren't as many people on like during launch is simply cause it's not in the middle of the holidays. With new updates coming and free trials I'm sure more people will start to join swtor. ;)

Actually, I was just reading my copy of that. Try looking at the transcript as well.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1675578999x0x551670/86a5c9a0-1ee8-480f-887b-04bf50c8d268/ERTS_Wedbush_03082012_Transcript.pdf

And this...

Clearly he's referring to his old numbers and NOT giving an update. Just clarifying what has happened with those previous declared subscribers.

the new 1.7 Million number is sourced here as the end of February.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1691146240x0x551496/6162f638-c8c9-45f2-ab77-463e59f00455/ERTS_Wedbush.pdf

page 14

What I believe he is saying is that the number he is giving on that day is mostly paying subs unlike the last time at the beginning of February.

Edited by Stormnut

Actually, I was just reading my copy of that. Try looking at the transcript as well.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1675578999x0x551670/86a5c9a0-1ee8-480f-887b-04bf50c8d268/ERTS_Wedbush_03082012_Transcript.pdf

And this...

Clearly he's referring to his old numbers and NOT giving an update. Just clarifying what has happened with those previous declared subscribers.

.....What? Everything you just posted shows that he IS giving an update.

Did you read the transcript? It's not a new number.

What I said a month ago was, just over half. I can now confirm for you today that

the vast majority of the 1.7 is now triggered through that point and they're recurring subscribers

It's from the same presentation. Yes, they displayed in the presenation the 1.7 million but they clarified it by saying the above. A month ago "just over half" of the 1.7 were recurring subscriptions and out of the free 30 days. Now the "vast majority" of the 1.7 are recurring. It's the same 1.7 they are talking about. Not new numbers.

Did you read the transcript? It's not a new number.

It's from the same presentation. Yes, they displayed in the presenation the 1.7 million but they clarified it by saying the above. A month ago "just over half" of the 1.7 were recurring subscriptions and out of the free 30 days. Now the "vast majority" of the 1.7 are recurring. It's the same 1.7 they are talking about. Not new numbers.

did you look at the presentaion. Its says quote: "• End of February

• More than 1.7M active subscribers"

more than 1.7 million at the end of February.

did you look at the presentaion. Its says quote: "• End of February

• More than 1.7M active subscribers"

more than 1.7 million at the end of February.

Where in the transcript does he say they have "more than 1.7 million active subscribers"? He doesn't, he says they have less than that.

.....What? Everything you just posted shows that he IS giving an update.

Yes, he's updating the status of the 1.7 million subscribers they declared previously. But he doesn't say how many of them have unsubscribed (if any) or how many actually are recurring. Just that the vast majority are recurring. That could be 1 to 1.6 million which is a wide margin. It also doesn't account for any new subs in the areas they just opened.

The transcript does not support the 1.7 number. He says the "vast majority" of the 1.7 are "recurring subscribers".

The real figure, the actual number, is still not known.

1.7 million subs

vast majority are paying to play past there 30 days free

the rest are new buys of the game that have not gone past their free 30.

He defined in the Q and A part of the transcript that recurring subs are those past the free 30.

Where in the transcript does he say they have "more than 1.7 million active subscribers"? He doesn't, he says they have less than that.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1691146240x0x551496/6162f638-c8c9-45f2-ab77-463e59f00455/ERTS_Wedbush.pdf page 14.

This is the Power Point that was shown during the presentation that you are reading the transcript from. Context.

Edited by Stormnut

Here is how he, Riccitiell, defines "recurring subscriber":

A recurring means that they've paid for and committed to more time beyond the initial trial period. So, it means they did one of two things. They gave us a credit card, which is now in our system, or they went into a retailer and gave cash to buy cards to put those in the system.

Nowhere in the transcript does it say there are 1.7 million ACTIVE subscribers.

A recurring means that they've paid for and committed to more time beyond the initial trial period. So, it means they did one of two things. They gave us a credit card, which is now in our system, or they went into a retailer and gave cash to buy cards to put those in the system.

active subs mean both paid and people on there free 30. Not denying that.

I got the 1.7 million active subs from the presentation pdf page 14.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1691146240x0x551496/6162f638-c8c9-45f2-ab77-463e59f00455/ERTS_Wedbush.pdf

Wow....it' s gotten to the point of hilarity lol

To hate something that much that you would pull such ridiculous hogwash out of the air to justify your cause.

Exactly.

Yes, he's updating the status of the 1.7 million subscribers they declared previously. But he doesn't say how many of them have unsubscribed (if any) or how many actually are recurring. Just that the vast majority are recurring. That could be 1 to 1.6 million which is a wide margin. It also doesn't account for any new subs in the areas they just opened.

"We're two months into the launch, a lot more to go, but 1.7 million, vast

majority now, are recurring subscribers."

Unless he's hiding behind grammar I take that to mean they have 1.7M recurring subscribers with who knows how many more in the free trial as of February 20th which would be the 2 month mark.

Yes this game doesn't go down because:

1) Casuals keep playing because they like the easy mode

2) People just want to play with glowsticks and that's all they care about in an MMO

The people who actually came to play a good MMO, have all left or are about to.

When will people realize that the MMO generation has grown up and evolved. Ever think that maybe BW hit the nail on the head with the casual balance? I was a so called "hard-core" 5-10 years ago too; but (like droves of other former "hard-cores") I can't (and really don't feel the need) to play to that extent anymore. This game will not die because honestly "hard-cores" don't carry MMOs anymore.

Wow....it' s gotten to the point of hilarity lol

To hate something that much that you would pull such ridiculous hogwash out of the air to justify your cause.

I can't speak for other posters but this is more about the accuracy of the information than anything. I play the game. I like the game. And I'm part of the actual active subscribers (I subbed for 6 months). The point being argued is that it's not 1.7 million active subscribers and if you read the transcript through to the Q&A section if becomes clear they aren't saying that there are.

Edited by Benfynyn

active subs mean both paid and people on there free 30. Not denying that.

I got the 1.7 million active subs from the presentation pdf page 14.

I'll go by the transcript - he gets a bit fuzzy about numbers there but in the Q&A he explains recurring subscribers, and he certainly doesn't state 1.7 million active anywhere in the transcript.

He is saying we had 1.7 million subscribers end of January, we have 1.7 million subscribers end of February. The difference is that in January, just over half were paying, now it is the "vast majority" (which I would interpret as at least 75%).