The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will you unsub once cross-server PvP goes live?

ZeusThunder

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I'd still subscribe after cross-server PvP is if it was a "same server preferred" system in which you'd only go to cross-server if the queue took longer than 10 minutes or so.

If it's anything else, and I'm no longer able to compete against people on my server than it's a game-breaker for me and I'm done. Honestly the PvP in itself is not that great, it's the same-server aspect of the current PvP model that makes me enjoy it.

Would depend for me on how it is handled.

Cross server avoids the need to admit they have too many low pop servers and thus can keep them the same amount and not be forced to close them down this early or server merge.

I'm not against the idea, I just don't like what I think it really means.

The only way I'd still subscribe after cross-server PvP is if it was a "same server preferred" system in which you'd only go to cross-server if the queue took longer than 10 minutes or so.

Based on what I remember from the summit videos, I'm pretty sure that is what it means, not that you automatically get another servers players, but only if it is needed in order to get your WZ faster.

Cross server avoids the need to admit they have too many low pop servers and thus can keep them the same amount and not be forced to close them down this early or server merge.

I'm not against the idea, I just don't like what I think it really means.

This and backwater.

If it's anything else, and I'm no longer able to compete against people on my server than it's a game-breaker for me and I'm done. Honestly the PvP in itself is not that great, it's the same-server aspect of the current PvP model that makes me enjoy it.

I like the idea of cross server queues. whats the big problem with them? Cant see a downside. People talk about it breaking community and other crap but there is no community other than what you make in any MMO.

I don't know how people pick and choose what they read.

They already stated that they are doing same server PREFERENCE on queues, but then open it up to other servers depending on your queuing choices and if it's taking too long.

I wouldn't unsub for that alone, but I would be unhappy with it for sure. Same server PvP brings community to the pvpers on a server that I really enjoy. I was super excited for faster queues when wow started x-server bg's, but I quickly found out they sucked in comparison because of everything you gave up with a bunch of faceless opponents.

omg. people really should know what they are talking about before making these silly, "imm gonna unsub" threads.

BW already said the cross-server system will be same server prefered. the only time youll be in WZ with people from other servers is if not enough people on your server are in que.

I prefer to play against a large and diverse enemy and work with a large and diverse group of teammates. I enjoy playing with the thousands of others out there and not just the same 20-50 people all the time.

Also to add more warzones, rated warzones, solo queues, 8 man queues and brackets cross server is absolutely mandatory.

The game will not be able to grow without cross server warzones, so I am glad they are smart enough to see it.

With everything coming down the pike you can't do most of it without cross server queues. I don't think server instances should be used to block player interaction.

I will tell you whats wrong with this, the unknown. Any true pvper that is saying cross server queing will ruin it, isn't a true pvper. I know exactly what I am getting soon as I see certain names in a game. Cross-server takes that away and makes games more exciting.

If you want more community petition for server specific forums.

This is why the community argument is silly. In most cases one faction on a given server is simply better. When you mix it up you increase the competitive gameplay for the overwhelming majority of players.

Your going get out voted here becuase tons of ppl do not know how to pick a realm and are stuck on some back water realm with 3 ppl on it and a jawa named Dave.

I'm on Mindticks realm longest wait was 45 secounds on off hours......we fight reps I would say half the time.....and I like you am dreading this cross realm ****.Its fun to know the ppl you fight and how they fight.

Plus all of these ppl will take our reps now and fight them making games vs reps way less then what we have on mindtricks......its *** its lame and anyone on a REAL realm does not want this.

**** your backwater realm.

So when they add 5 new warzones and rated warzones with group and solo queues you think you will get pops non stop? You will not.

People need to stop being short sighted. Even the busiest pvp server now will need cross server.

You're right. You have the option of rerolling on any server you want. Leave mine alone.

The people on my server are not easy to beat. Where exactly did you extract that flawed assumption from?

But with nothing to compare them to, you have no idea if they are any good. What if they beat you 60% of the time and cross server comes and you find out other players are even better than they are.

As I've stated in the past: if cross-realm PvP is handled correctly it does not ruin the equation.

What I'm hoping from Bioware is the following:

Option to not queue for cross-realm warzones. I'd like to be able to chose whether I play against people on my own server, or whether I play against people from other servers.

Single server teams, rather than cross-server teams. I'd really like it if the cross-realm system places me in a team with people from my own server against people from another server, rather than mixing everyone together in one big pool. This has the effect of negating the grindy feeling that came with cross-realm in WoW because you know who you are playing with. It also means that servers will begin to get reputations for being good or bad in PvP, and encourages cross-server community and notoriety. If there aren't enough players then bolstering teams with players from other server would be an idea, as opposed to organising us willy-nilly (so if there are 6 players from Bloodworthy Sith, put those 6 players in a single team, and put 2 players from another server in the team with them).

Prioritise closed server matches. This speaks for itself and it an extension of the above point. I'd like the system to "prioritise" putting players on one server against and with players from the same server, before it even vaguely decides to pop cross-server.

If Bioware does it intelligently and works to preserve closed server PvP communities, at the same time as encouraging cross-server communities and competition, then I'll be a happy chap.

I think the point needs to be made that by having closed server teams not only facilitates cross-server PvP (and thus makes PvP more accessible) but it also preserves what we have built on our servers now. In addition it goes a way to creating a bigger PvP community that is intra-server, allowing teams and individuals from one server to gain notoriety with other PvP groups on other servers to stimulate competition and the (lacking) social aspects of the game.

If however Bioware goes in the direction of WoW cross-realm I will quit the game without a second though. It's really that simple, and I think that sums up how most PvPers feels... at least those that enjoy the sense of community PvP encourages on our servers at the moment.

BW stated that the match making will always prefer same server warzones over cross server.

When you start picking a specific warzone and the pool of players is too small, then the pool will expand to include other servers in your battle group.

But with nothing to compare them to, you have no idea if they are any good. What if they beat you 60% of the time and cross server comes and you find out other players are even better than they are.

I'll take server community over skill exploration of random players of other servers.

Have fun with your watered down pvp and long queues when GW2 does come out! :D

Anyone who is a serious pvper isn't going to be sticking around for this half-*** crap when it comes out.

Watered down, you mean like pvp without real support, pvp where even clickers have so few buttons they'll manage to keybind?

Enjoy your watered down pvp in the most overhyped pvp mmo since WAR. Anyone who's a serious pvper has already been in its beta and realized the game's a joke.