The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Will you unsub once cross-server PvP goes live?

ZeusThunder

The only way I'd still subscribe after cross-server PvP is if it was a "same server preferred" system in which you'd only go to cross-server if the queue took longer than 10 minutes or so.

If it's anything else, and I'm no longer able to compete against people on my server than it's a game-breaker for me and I'm done. Honestly the PvP in itself is not that great, it's the same-server aspect of the current PvP model that makes me enjoy it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whats wrong with cross server pvp? If you're here for pvp and you don't want cross server pvp there may be something wrong with you. More pvp = better.

I will tell you whats wrong with this, the unknown. Any true pvper that is saying cross server queing will ruin it, isn't a true pvper. I know exactly what I am getting soon as I see certain names in a game. Cross-server takes that away and makes games more exciting.

If you want more community petition for server specific forums.

It sounds like the real issue they need to fix is the barely populated servers. Cross realm pvp is just a band aid to a problem that will show itself more in other ways as time goes on (ah availability, groups, never seeing anyone anywhere, world pvp, etc) .

I enjoy that there is no cross realm. Rivalries form and you start to know who you are fighting. In civil war fighting the same couple groups all night (I work until late at night) you watch each others strategies change and evolve to meet and beat the changes. Its fun.

Cross realm isn't game breaking for me, but I enjoy single realm. Imo, fix the real issue of terrible server populations. The game has been out long enough for the populations to normalize a bit.

Edited by khaoimon

It sounds like the real issue they need to fix is the barely populated servers. Cross realm pvp is just a band aid to a problem that will show itself more in other ways as time goes on (ah availability, groups, never seeing anyone anywhere, world pvp, etc) .

I enjoy that there is no cross realm. Rivalries form and you start to know who you are fighting. In civil war fighting the same couple groups all night (I work until late at night) you watch each others strategies change and evolve to meet and beat the changes. Its fun.

Cross realm isn't game breaking for me, but I enjoy single realm. Imo, fix the real issue of terrible server populations. The game has been out long enough for the populations to normalize a bit.

Must be nice to actually get games all night.

Although it varies a lot on my server, you often stop getting games at 3-5am due to one of the factions getting tired of losing.

My server is afaik on of the more populated EU servers, so I can certainly see why so many people want cross server queues.

And everyone talking about "serious pvp'ers" moving to gw2, you're probably right.

But I doubt serious pvp'ers is a very big part of swtors userbase, it's obviously aimed at casuals.

As always, it's all about queue times with everyone.

It's okay if there is no more community, it's okay if we have a quarter of each team afk'ing each match, it's okay if PvP is truly a gear grind and nothing else, it's okay that there is no consequences for acting like a jerk in WZ's....as long as the queues are fast.

What is the point of fast queues if the PvP is no longer fun?

Isnt that what all PvP is like... You should know this by now, stop crying and dont play and dont go on the forums because you oviusly dont care about the game. Its just that simple.

The only way I'd still subscribe after cross-server PvP is if it was a "same server preferred" system in which you'd only go to cross-server if the queue took longer than 10 minutes or so.

If it's anything else, and I'm no longer able to compete against people on my server than it's a game-breaker for me and I'm done. Honestly the PvP in itself is not that great, it's the same-server aspect of the current PvP model that makes me enjoy it.

Your going get out voted here becuase tons of ppl do not know how to pick a realm and are stuck on some back water realm with 3 ppl on it and a jawa named Dave.

I'm on Mindticks realm longest wait was 45 secounds on off hours......we fight reps I would say half the time.....and I like you am dreading this cross realm ****.Its fun to know the ppl you fight and how they fight.

Plus all of these ppl will take our reps now and fight them making games vs reps way less then what we have on mindtricks......its *** its lame and anyone on a REAL realm does not want this.

**** your backwater realm.

Edited by Synacus

Edit: I read a follow up post from the OP. I see, you are worried that people will act like jerks (afking, ect) and there will be no repercussions since it is cross server. I get it now. But as things currently are without cross-server matches, if someone acted like a jerk, do you really think any community hammer would come down on them? I doubt it, I mean, aside from posting on these forums or shouting on the fleet about what a jerk the person is, how would you let the rest of the community know? And even if you did let them know, I doubt most people would do anything about it.

Edited by Laokoon

As always, it's all about queue times with everyone.

It's okay if there is no more community, it's okay if we have a quarter of each team afk'ing each match, it's okay if PvP is truly a gear grind and nothing else, it's okay that there is no consequences for acting like a jerk in WZ's....as long as the queues are fast.

What is the point of fast queues if the PvP is no longer fun?

There's going to be a vote kick system so afkers won't be an issue. As for this community thing people keep talking about, there's nothing stopping you from going to ilum or outlaw's den and doing some 4v4 or 8v8s.

Have fun with your watered down pvp and long queues when GW2 does come out! :D

Anyone who is a serious pvper isn't going to be sticking around for this half-*** crap when it comes out.

Anyone who is a serious pvper is already playing starcraft 2, battlefield, street fighter, or any other truely skill based pvp games.

the problem is all you people went went imperial so you can hit 1-2 buttons....faceroll republic everytime so it takes us like litterally dayd and days to win 1 daily warzone that you guys have noone to fight....thats the problem......cross server your still gonna wait cause republics dont stand a chance in warzones and are quitting pvp or the game all together

I'm all for Cross whatever, cept lfg, I find that odd.

However, I find it...amusing that I keep seeing posts like "We NEEEED Cross Server PvP que or ALL OF US WILL UNSUBBBB! and after a minute or two and I refresh, there is another thread that says, if Cross server PvP warzone is addded, MORE of us will leave!!!!11!

It boggles my mind how a handful of people say they speak for hundreds, or thousands of players and that if x, y, or z (at times conflicting with each other) does not get met, the game will...die!

I've been holding that in for a while, carry on.

Your a joke, unsub now. How can you complain about such needed tools like this, light and standard servers take forever 2 que, and I doubt your involved with the enemy team while pvping, unless your one of the losers that tries to talk instead of win, they have group invites for a reason, get over yourself this is a great thing.

Don't ruin MY PvP because you're on a crappy low pop server. My server has no queue time problems and I want to play against and with the people I know.

Have fun with your watered down pvp and long queues when GW2 does come out! :D

Anyone who is a serious pvper isn't going to be sticking around for this half-*** crap when it comes out.

Guild wars two ant all that i seen it and it not fun..... i have friends who in beta they say it ant all that hype up to be..... So yeah guild wars 2 wont be the water of all games been waiting to drink. So in other words be all hype about it now but when it releases and you go to it and say i did all the raiding all the content and ran out ..... it happends alot :D

Edited by ninjashadowdark

Don't ruin MY PvP because you're on a crappy low pop server. My server has no queue time problems and I want to play against and with the people I know.

So join a guild and host a pvp tournament. No need to be a selfish ******* and try to enforce restrictions on options.

Options are good.

the problem is all you people went went imperial so you can hit 1-2 buttons....faceroll republic everytime so it takes us like litterally dayd and days to win 1 daily warzone that you guys have noone to fight....thats the problem......cross server your still gonna wait cause republics dont stand a chance in warzones and are quitting pvp or the game all together

LOL i agree to this my brother imp fan :D. I like imps for there cool ships i have both factions XD......There was only one day rep won the whole day for dailys one day then we lost.... Its like gambling win lose some :D