SWTOR Big Bang Theory

I was just shocked that the game worked on laptops. :eek:

In the episode featuring Age of Conan they played it on a laptop too. :rolleyes:

It was funny to have Star Wars featured in TBBT and nice to recognize the in-game scene as the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

However the Age of Conan episode was much funnier. It was so hilarious to see how Penny got completely lost in the MMO. Unwashed, smelly, dirty clothes, uncombed hair and they mentioned much more scene from the game.

Like the starting beach, the island of Tortage and how she killed two of her teammates because they sucked in the Sanctum of the Burning Souls. :D

Edited by Dragoon-

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just shocked that the game worked on laptops.

My wife has a HP laptop we bought on Newegg, for $500 and it runs SWTOR as well as my desktop does. Get 9000 errors on it, which doesn't happen on my desktop. But her laptop runs the game great.

The laptop isn't anything super special, just a standard HP Win7 laptop. You don't need Alienware to run SWTOR on a laptop.

No one has a comment on the statement:

"There is no difference between Star Trek and Star Wars"!!

Well consider who said it. It was Amy who made the comment, and Penny corrected her, and pointed out the faux pas she made.

Edited by VanorDM

Republic:

Sheldon: Trooper (he loves leading in Paintball)

Leonard: Consular (He's the most down to eath and "adjusted")

Wolowitz: Knight (He likes to pretend he's not a wimp)

Raj: Smuggler (He's the wittiest, assuming you're not a hot girl)

Hey everyone,

We recently had to removed several posts from this thread due to posts that did not contribute constructive discussion. A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct to:

• Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

My wife has a HP laptop we bought on Newegg, for $500 and it runs SWTOR as well as my desktop does. Get 9000 errors on it, which doesn't happen on my desktop. But her laptop runs the game great.

The laptop isn't anything super special, just a standard HP Win7 laptop. You don't need Alienware to run SWTOR on a laptop.

Well consider who said it. It was Amy who made the comment, and Penny corrected her, and pointed out the faux pas she made.

My wife is playing on an ASUS ROG 74 SX

It plays great on max settings, them playing on laptops didnt bother me at all.

Republic:

Sheldon: Trooper (he loves leading in Paintball)

Leonard: Consular (He's the most down to eath and "adjusted")

Wolowitz: Knight (He likes to pretend he's not a wimp)

Raj: Smuggler (He's the wittiest, assuming you're not a hot girl)

See i think it would be

Leonard: Jedi Knight, because he is always trying to impress people and the whole Knight in shining armor thing.

Wolowitz: Smuggler, cause it is a class that is most likely to flirt with anything with *****.

Raj: Jedi Consular, female running around in the slave bikini, if you watch the episode where sheldon's WoW account for hacked you will know that Raj plays Female toons and seems to flirt as them a lot and even offered to cyber some guy.

Sheldon: Sith Inquisitor cause he plays a mage in WoW and has been shown to try and use the force to kill Leonard from time to time.

the question is would the other three re-roll sith cause you know Sheldon will not change his mind and more then likely has something in the roommate agreement that will make Leonard roll whatever faction Sheldon plays as :p

Edited by soulself

I have to watch this episode again because I don't remember them saying the name of the game. Of course they said Star Wars, but don't remember hearing them say Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I need help. I am a Big Bang fan and swtor player. I even have a lvl 40 SI (Sorceror) named Sheldorofdeath as a joke.

In any case, I can't put my finger on the episode but there was indeed one where WOW was played on screen with a small amount of game content shown. As I remember, it showed Howard as a hunter in an Inn (looked like one in the Dwarf starting zones) and I vaguely remember Penny commenting about liking his pet (wolf).

The first or second episode, I think. Penny is just meeting the gang and Howard shows her his pet tiger while showing her his "favorite watering hole" in WoW.

I loved the first few seasons of BBT because of the geekiness but also because my name is Sheldon -- and it's not a common name in sitcoms. :p

I don't really watch BBT any more because it is less about the geeky nerds and has become a rom-com with more female roles and less of the core gang. Amy was funny for two episodes but not as a repeat, IMO.

Ehh, it's typical internet laziness. Like it would really kill folks to take an extra two seconds to fully type out the entire word.

Anyhow, I appreciate someone clarifying this abbreviated term, because I was personally wondering what the heck "Pub" meant myself.

The Sith Empire NPC's refer to the Republic faction as Pubs.

I found the episode hilarious as always.

Points I noticed.

• They never actually say The Old Republic at any point.
  • Sheldon says that they can choose to play the Republic and Light Side or the Empire and Dark Side as if Light Side and Dark Side were part of the faction choice and not a separate alignment system altogether.
  • They show Bernadette's character wearing a big smile and a level 40 Sith Robe when she was obviously at the Jedi Temple on Corruscant, a level 16-18 area.
  • She tells Howard to put on his matching Robe, even though it is obvious that he is playing a Knight (wearing Armor) while she is playing a Sage.
  • They reference Dungeons and Dragons but act as if Lawful Good is a faction choice.
  • The also reference City of Heroes but not Star Trek Online, even though we all know they (especially Sheldon) are really more Trekkies than they are Star Wars Fanboys.
  • And finally that Penny obviously knows the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars but then tells Amy that there is no difference at all.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Edited by Blackavaar

TI don't really watch BBT any more because it is less about the geeky nerds and has become a rom-com with more female roles and less of the core gang. Amy was funny for two episodes but not as a repeat, IMO.

This season they have gone back to the nerd formula and moved away from the soap opera it was becoming. I really have liked this season.

With Amy, I couldn't stand her at first, but they've done a pretty good job having her and Sheldon mirror each other in behavior. Now it's like having two Sheldons for the price of one.

So I just got done watching the episode of The Big Bang Theory and I thought it was a lot of fun for the makers of the show to do. I think what I saw was Raj playing a Sage because of the way the lightsaber was being held and how he said "Watch out Imperials behind you!" Or something like that. Anyways, was a lot of fun.

Was a fun episode.

But the show used to be a lot better. It's become the "Sheldon-show" which diminishes all the other characters as they come across as being subservient to that freak. One of these days I hope one of the other characters pushes Sheldon down the elevator shaft.

Points I noticed.

• They never actually say The Old Republic at any point.
  • Sheldon says that they can choose to play the Republic and Light Side or the Empire and Dark Side as if Light Side and Dark Side were part of the faction choice and not a separate alignment system altogether.
  • They show Bernadette's character wearing a big smile and a level 40 Sith Robe when she was obviously at the Jedi Temple on Corruscant, a level 16-18 area.
  • She tells Howard to put on his matching Robe, even though it is obvious that he is playing a Knight (wearing Armor) while she is playing a Sage.
  • They reference Dungeons and Dragons but act as if Lawful Good is a faction choice.
  • The also reference City of Heroes but not Star Trek Online, even though we all know they (especially Sheldon) are really more Trekkies than they are Star Wars Fanboys.
  • And finally that Penny obviously knows the difference between Star Trek and Star Wars but then tells Amy that there is no difference at all.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

All that and you forgot one big thing! Sheldon, Leonard, Raj, Howard, and Bernadette - that's 5. Where's the Fact Checker Unit when you need it?!

Edited by Bluelion

Points I noticed.

[*]They never actually say The Old Republic at any point.

Haven't watched it yet but what's the point of going all crazy about a TOR BBT episode if they don't even mention the name TOR?

I know they mention WoW and AoC all the time.

Kind of takes away the whole point of thinking they play TOR.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.