How many Subscriptions do you think this game has right now

Militiaa

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see on my last count,,,,

Mine, his, hers, those 4, them to, that guild, or those guys, that sorry bunch, the evil dude, her to, him with the guns, the 1000 who always greed on drops, him, 2 rp'ers, them lot, the spotty guy with no windows, his friends, their friends, their friends friends, the 1.5million solo gamers, 300,000 pvp geeks, their one friend and YOU.....

I'm guessing around 2.2mill.

The reason is because of the Asian Pasific launch as well as growing over time.

What do you think it has right now?

Some of the asia pacific players have already been playing by buying copies from Amazon or other sources. Australian retailers even stocked copies long before 1st March.

So yes I think the asia pacific launch will get some new players due to advertisement, but mpt that much because some of them have already been playing anyway.

For my case it's a bit unique. I could have bought a copy long before 1st March, but I was sticking to my principles, and refused to buy SW:TOR until they gave us a proper official launch. I doubt many people were in my boat.

I think we're around 600/700k active players. Probably will reach 800/900k after next big patch.

Oh of course who still believes that this game is having 2,2 millions of subscribers maybe is living on the moon (or tython :D ).

Active players =/= subscribers.

P2P MMO's often had people go on and off activity while still keeping their subscription open.

I'd say the 2 mil subscribers by now could be a realistic bet. But I also think only about 1 mil of them play the game actively (defined, by myself, as about 3-4 nights a week at least)

About three million fewer than they'd have if they stopped being idiots and released a mac version.

heh.. i doubt there are even 3 million mac users on this planet who do not run most of their games on booted Windows versions on their mac machines.

Most used OS on a macbook: Windows 7

P2P MMO's often had people go on and off activity while still keeping their subscription open.

I'd say the 2 mil subscribers by now could be a realistic bet. But I also think only about 1 mil of them play the game actively (defined, by myself, as about 3-4 nights a week at least)

Ye I probably used the wrong term for my second sentence. Anyway, as players we have to care about active ones, subscribers are managing stuff ;)

i love you pessimists so much :)

Oh hey..are you one who said SWTOR won't get more than a million subs? umm yeah...

No im the one who logs in every day and sees les and les people on his server. The game isnt bad but you see to do group content you need a group...

No im the one who logs in every day and sees les and les people on his server. The game isnt bad but you see to do group content you need a group...

people don't like to group for some reason. It's BioWare's job to MAKE the content...

It's up to the PEOPLE to GROUP

I log on every day and see more and more people...so yeah, I suppose I'm not the person that logs on every day seeing less and less. :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that at the guild summit someone asked for population numbers. And they said nearing 3 million? This could be complete BS, who knows...

The game seems healthy to me population wise though. Zones/Planets feel about as populated as WoW did. Kinda pointless though until they release official numbers.

Why is everyone so interested in subscription numbers that they have to start numerous threads about them?

Oh, I know, yes you are on a supposedly lower pop server. If that is true at this time you have 4 choices:

1. Reroll on a higher pop server

2. Wait for transfers

3. Stop complaining and play the game

4. Stop playing the game

Asking about how many subs there are is pointless as no real numbers have been and most likely will ever be released.

Edited by CeruleanNite

By your reasoning I am not active, which is fine, because currently I get maybe an hour a day tops...

But to the trolls that would try and read something into that, don't. I would play a lot more if I had the time, but right now I do not due to pressures of work.

The game, for me, is exactly what I want of it and I am just sad that there are not 28 hours in the day so that I could fit in more time to play.

The most likely answer.

So in one month they have lost around 1 million players and gained none? Not very likely from where I stand, but hey it's all guesses right? It's not like anyone here knows anything about it.

My guess, around 1.6 - 1.9 million.

So in one month they have lost around 1 million players and gained none? Not very likely from where I stand, but hey it's all guesses right? It's not like anyone here knows anything about it.

My guess, around 1.6 - 1.9 million.

If you play on one of the 6 US high population servers you would think 1.6 million.

If you play on one of the 100 standard pop American servers you think 300k.

Go figure.

Average it out and call it 800k