Please stop the 1.2 armor model

Kavu

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smuggler gear is horrid in 1.2 a smuggler wants to fit in with the crowd so he can smuggle and not get noticed he does not want to wear armor that looks like he stepped off a broadway production of glitter.

Smugglers blend in they do not stand out that is how they get by the law and SMUGGLE

possibly the best rationalization.

Why would you want to stop anything? If it's done and ready to go then have them trot it out. We need a petition to get them to make more, simpler and more elegant gear, but if they've already made that crap then let's just let them trot it out and wait for something that's actually usable.

Since the community rep. wants a serious response, here it is.

What originally drew me to play a smuggler (gunslinger in specific), was how the smuggler in the cinematic trailer was portrayed. Since then, there has been very little focus on the class. This gear? Has to be a kick in the nuts to people that don't like lightsabers.

Is this really what the art team was hired to create? We don't want imaginative or original, we want the traditional look, what made a smuggler a smuggler.

In short. Quit making us look like gosh darn bullfighters. Quit making us look like ninja hammerhead sharks. Quit making us look like operatives. While the classes are similar we are not the same. The backgrounds for the two classes are completely different, and should be treated as such.

It's bad enough that Gunslinger underperforms when compared to most other classes, but having this to look forward to in terms of our tier gear is just... Too much.

I like lightsabers but thats what multiple characters are for...And i'm going to just say this. Belts over *********** robes are the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Its almost enough to make me not play the game. I'm a game designer and artist and it just bugs the hell out of me. So I wouldn't say smugs get the worst looking gear. (I won't get into the endgame sith...*** sith buys his gear from KISS?)

I can barely stand what smugs got though. Capes are flashy...my stealth based scoundrel doesn't try to stand out (plus capes get you killed abd caught on everything). Long coats...well not as bad as the belts over robes but all the endgame longcoat models what the **** is the poofy gay collar?! Imp agents can get a very fine looking coat but not a scoundrel? A smuggler would purposely go out of his way to kick anyone representing them with that guy *** collar. Just saying. Only other option is some coats that are the noble fashion with no sleeves...

Now perhaps i'm picky and I like my subtle simple kind of rogue attire. Button up captains shirt vest or jacket that would be nice for it to be something longer then what a 14 year old girl would wear...I can live with it.

Now I can dig alot of work into the art and a new and different design. Great and they can put all the bright colors and retarted wow shoulder pads all they want...but along with other options for say non-retarted individuals...or those who just don't looking just plain silly...

Anyway someone mentioned the hats deleted their hair...thats actually something not worth the effort to fix. Its not a bug even its done on purpose. Simply because to have a hat like say the imp officers hat over your hair would require additional modeling. It would have to be made to fit every different hair style in the game to avoid awful clipping issues. Its possible but its really alot more work in the end. Same could be said for the hoods but they probably have the hood modelled seperately from the rest of the outfit so that should be a issue to fix.

This. I had an orange long-barrelled gun that looked like a 6-shooter. Was a quest reward and my most favorite gun. Alas, I will never find a match and I can't use it bc it hurts my eyes and my friends remind me that my guns don't match :(

Well I went with scoundrel so I don't have that issue...But I got a bh merc and I spent two days with one mob some doc on Kaas with his 2 pets. Just to acquire 3 D-200 military enforcers. I sold the unwanted lvl 11 drops for 1499 to 2499 each depending on the item. I made at least 150k...I found one d-200 on the gtn for like 3k bought it and after another day chatted it up looking for another and paid 75k. Normally I wouldn't have done that but after not seeing it drop after 2 days I didn't care. The 3rd is for my scoundrel but I took a break from farming...plus I spent all the extra creds on mods for my new matching blasters.

Which the point is they look great its a chrome and red glowing light verson of the smug and bh's starting blasters (which I think looks the best in the damn game) however I have to live with a retarted mag attached to a blaster....that looks like a revolver. At least there's not stupid scope.

Now I don't mind the classic han solo scoped blaster and etc. His looked simple but sexy still....most the orange blasters int he game have so many retarted attachments...How can anyone lift one blaster in each hand after adding all that? I'd like some more simple looking blasters...or beable to find that stellar blaster with no mag or scope thats orange...

The worst thing is actually that theres no real other options to the current spacecowboycape look.

If that will be the same post 1.2 i think its sad. Hopefully that picture isnt the only gear we can wear.

I hope so atleast.

/Tex

The worst thing is actually that theres no real other options to the current spacecowboycape look.

If that will be the same post 1.2 i think its sad. Hopefully that picture isnt the only gear we can wear.

I hope so atleast.

/Tex

Hey the capes fine if you marry Risha and do the royalty thing, the cowboy things ok too but really if your a gunslinger that would be fly...for a scoundrel...we get stuck with what leftover reskins?

In all honesty it is absolutely absurd to think that that one example of new gear is literally the "only" new gear addded. If 1 set for each class is all they add or if its just retextured versions...I might cancel my subscription because any...literally any mmo from runescape over the korean made ones and to wow all have had more varity at launch.

So probably abit over reacting (only slightly) till its out. I'm going to hope they add more or at least all the armor they removed from the beta...also the expanded appearance options might be enough. BioWare is better then what they've done...then again they did release Kotor2 and have EA lag. Also added platforming to a mmo...If I apply and get a job with BW I might live to meet the individuals responsible for the platforming and sucker punch all of them.

/signed.

Avail us of these obnoxious designs!

If Bio can't take on appropriately skilled and informed artists a simple solution is to have a fan art contest! You would get LOADS of good concepts do develop for FREE (or a small symbolic reward). You would cut expenses AND get cool designs! How much easier could it get?!

The smuggler gear is horrid in 1.2 a smuggler wants to fit in with the crowd so he can smuggle and not get noticed he does not want to wear armor that looks like he stepped off a broadway production of glitter.

Smugglers blend in they do not stand out that is how they get by the law and SMUGGLE

This. Perfect. Simple and spot-on.

WWHW? What would Han wear? Certainly not *that*.

but you know , i think that even if we complain, they wont change it.

The only game i saw change on feedback was on world of warcraft.

Im rushing my new assassin right now. More burst , utility , survivability and dont look like a clown

To all of you who play the Smuggler and hate everything about them, here is your solution; QUIT the game or re-roll. All there is in the Smuggler forums is complaining. First its the abilities, then they are to weak, then the survivablity, then the capes, and now the looks again. What do you guys enjoy about this class? Nothing from the looks of it. So just leave it alone. Its time to give up and play a Jedi Knight or a Sniper.