Official Q&A Thread for March 16th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Is there any chance we could get some pitch modulation so that our characters don't all sound exactly alike? Nothing breaks the magic of the game for me more than grouping with another of my class and hearing my own voice coming out of their mouth.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there ever be a barber shop/plastic surgeon available in the game where people can modify their appearance after the character was created?

• It could be similar to the character creation screen and have the section where you input your name act as a Credits counter. The more extensive the makeover (number of sliders changed), the more Credits it will cost you to finalize the new look.

Will our old custom 'modifiable' recipes ever show up when selecting the 'Modifiable' tab in our Crew Skill menu (in 1.2 hopefully)? At present time they don't show up when a player selects to show only 'modifiable' as they are apparently classified as 'Prototype'.

So here's hoping that when the new custom recipes get added in 1.2 (which will probably all show up when selecting the 'Modifiable' tab, you won't forget about all the old custom recipes ;)

WHy is it so difficult to find and group with real life friends? I am not talking about adding their in game character name. And plese don't tell me to use the origin tool because it does not work with swtor for finding friends in game.

There should be an option to send friend requests to your friends account and if they know who your they can accept your friend request.

Currently I have several friends and co-workers playing the game and we constantly have to text out new character names and coordinate what server we are on and whether we are on republic or imperial side.

Friend request would allow you to see all your friends when they are online whether they are on imperial or republic and also if they are not even on your server.

I have not been able to add peoples character names to my friends list unless they are online at the same time as me.

This is not a new concept in the gaming community and Blizzard was not the first to use it with Real ID. Consoles and other PC games have been doing this for years.

I play this game because so many of my real life friends are playing it. It should not be such a hassle to find and group with them in the game.

Are there any plans to focus more on the Role-playing community on role-playing servers or in the game in general?

Examples would include more interactive items (cantinas that have usable chairs along with drinks and food usable for any level), the ability to customize the inside of your ship, emotes that don't cause you to stand, changeable hairstyles, more social/casual costume style gear, access to more buildings and areas that don't have NPCs around, making people agree to understand that they are joining an RP server and what to expect (like you do on PvP servers), and remove non-RP style names from the RP servers by administrators.

When will the people who work at Bioware be making toons on servers like Crevasse City, servers that have population peaks of about 10-20 people on the fleet at 9 pm at night?

When will we hear the feedback from these Bioware employees of how enjoyable their PVP PVE experiences were on these "single player" servers?

Edited by Ushela

I remember hearing that around 18 or so medals will be added to warzones in 1.2 to encourage people to play out the full match, not medal farm, ect. How will this encourage people to do so if only 4 medals count towards valor gain? Right now, I'm seeing people getting their 4 medals and just afking.