Fun at 50!

Lightspectre

Well, I hit 50 yesterday on my gunslinger with 1000 merc and 1000 wz commendation, bought my 5 bags, got a piece of gear. Still mostly in lvling gear, but hey, gotta start somewhere, right? I figure I'll do a couple wz to see how it is.

I lost the next 8 warzones including such wonderful experiences as: being continuously cced for 20 seconds, being about 50% slower than everyone else every fight, my "big hit" aimed shot bouncing off the armor of a trooper, being two shotted (I have a measly 12k hp), my leg shots and ccs rarely doing anything at all, watching someone stand in fire for the entire flame jet during huttball and remaining at full hp, watching a trooper heal through the dps of 4 people, watching the above trooper keep healing dispite my interrupts (even though it's supposed to silence for 4 seconds) while being dpsed by four people, 'critting' for 15 damage, losing a game of huttball in 2 minutes, and many more.

I enjoyed pvp 1-49 and consistently got top dps on my team before now. Now I feel like I am - and am completely ineffective. I don't particularly care what anyone says about patches or balance or gear or how much I must whine or suck; this is not fun anymore. No more pvp for me!

Edited by Lightspectre

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hit 50 yesterday on my gunslinger with 1000 merc and 1000 wz commendation, bought my 5 bags, got a piece of gear. Still mostly in lvling gear, but hey, gotta start somewhere, right? I figure I'll do a couple wz to see how it is.

I lost the next 8 warzones including such wonderful experiences as: being continuously cced for 20 seconds, being about 50% slower than everyone else every fight, my "big hit" aimed shot bouncing off the armor of a trooper, being two shotted (I have a measly 12k hp), my leg shots and ccs rarely doing anything at all, watching someone stand in fire for the entire flame jet during huttball and remaining at full hp, watching a trooper heal through the dps of 4 people, watching the above trooper keep healing dispite my interrupts (even though it's supposed to silence for 4 seconds) while being dpsed by four people, 'critting' for 15 damage, losing a game of huttball in 2 minutes, and many more.

I enjoyed pvp 1-49 and consistently got top dps on my team before now. Now I feel like I am - and am completely ineffective. I don't particularly care what anyone says about patches or balance or gear or how much I must whine or suck; this is not fun anymore. No more pvp for me!

Give it a week. You'll get through the pain. We don't expect you to be just like your daddy, but we do expect you to pull your own weight HOWEVER YOU MUST!

Have a good one sparky!

HAHA! Been there! PvP for a week and you'll have full Centurion gear with some champ pieces. You won't be the strongest but you hold your own. After PvPing at 50 for a couple weeks, roll and alt and see how much of a joke the 10-49 wz's are. 50 is a lot more fun once you get into it.

It really does get easier with time. You just got to start running on the gear treadmill, and soon enough you'll be as fast as most on the server. It took me about 2 weeks, which I would say is average. I'm not even BM yet, but I've got two full sets of Champ Gear.

It sucks for a while, because you don't have the gear. But, as you start to get that gear, the suck gradually turns into fun.

I've also had the problem of interrupting a heal and then watching them cast that same heal right afterwards. I can only guess that client/server issues were at fault because it tends to happen when I interrupt just before the cast would have went off.

Hopefully they are working hard to improve the engine in this game, but frankly I don't think these are things they are going to be able to address in the immediate future. Scrapping Hero and going with a different engine for the first xpac might be a more sound approach. It's rather clear that Hero can't handle open world PvP at all, at this time at least.

Give it a week. You'll get through the pain. We don't expect you to be just like your daddy, but we do expect you to pull your own weight HOWEVER YOU MUST!

Have a good one sparky!

This, unfortunately, is called bad game design.

Where in the lvl 49 pvp did you forget about being cc'd? Do you think it actually gets better in lvl 50 bracket?

And you didn't bother to gear up before going into those arenas? I spent 100k on getting geared with lvl 49 gear once I hit 49 and I was doing fairly well in WZs.

You people are dense. You've been Nancyin' around in the 49 pvp and now instead of doing a reboot on what to expect you've expected to have the same success that you did before. Really? There's not much helping you man. Bye bye.

Edited by Draeb

This, unfortunately, is called bad game design.

/agree

You shouldn't have to hate the game for a week or so in order to maybe have fun, eventually.

On the other side, I also have no desire to easily beat new players because of my gear. It ruins the fun and challenge of the game when I feel gear is what's winning the match instead of actual ability.

you've expected to have the same success that you did before.

Where exactly did you pull that from the OP's post?

I'm pretty sure no one really expects to jump into the level 50 bracket and start topping the leader boards, but you shouldn't feel worthless either.

Where exactly did you pull that from the OP's post?

I'm pretty sure no one really expects to jump into the level 50 bracket and start topping the leader boards, but you shouldn't feel worthless either.

Those who are smart prepare for the worst by gearing up and expect to learn new things in the 50 bracket. It's a reboot. It's leaving highschool and entering college. You're no longer big man on campus. This guy went in thinking it's going to be the same, not in the terms of DPS, but in terms of high level play. He showed no respect to what it would mean to not be geared for the occasion. Was he expecting to wing it?

It's college ball going into the NFL. It's faster paced. He went in underprepared. I have no sympathy for him because I geared myself up before even setting foot into those WZs.

Are you really as dense to not see that?

Edited by Draeb

This guy went in thinking it's going to be the same

I'll ask again... where did you pull this from?

I'll say again.... I don't think anyone is asking to go into the 50 bracket and be "big man on campus".... they just don't want to be worthless.

Are you really as dense to not see that?

I ask you the same.

Maybe you'll respond to what is actually being said this time? :eek:

Edited by Spymaster

I'll say again.... I don't think anyone is asking to go into the 50 bracket and be "big man on campus".... they just don't want to be worthless.

I ask you the same.

Maybe you'll respond to what is actually being said this time? :eek:

He got it from here:

Reading comprehension would suggest that the OP is comparing his/her current PvP experience to his/her previous experience with the lower bracket. The OP has noticed a difference and is clearly dissatisfied. Therefore, it can be construed that something within the perceived incongruity has caused the dissatisfaction, which in turn suggests that the expectations the OP had upon entering the new lvl 50 bracket are unfulfilled.

Logically, you can sum this up by saying, "The OP expected to be similarly effective in the new bracket as he/she was in the old bracket. This not being the case, the OP is upset."

This logical conclusion can further percolate into other expressions that say basically the same things, such as, "This guy went in thinking it's going to be the same, not in the terms of DPS, but in terms of high level play. He showed no respect to what it would mean to not be geared for the occasion."

Edited by Belcorwyn

If you have 12k HP, go to the GTN and buy some gear. That is flat out embarrassing.

You really don't have anything to say, do you? When you do, come back here and say it. Otherwise best to leave the dissecting to people who actually know how to do it.

He got it from here:

Reading comprehension would suggest that the OP is comparing his/her current PvP experience to his/her previous experience with the lower bracket. The OP has noticed a difference and is clearly dissatisfied. Therefore, it can be construed that something within the perceived incongruity has caused the dissatisfaction, which in turn suggests that the expectations the OP had upon entering the new lvl 50 bracket are unfulfilled. Logically, you can sum this up by saying, "The OP expected to be similarly effective in the new bracket as he/she was in the old bracket. This not being the case, the OP is upset."

Viola! This guy right here gets it!

It doesn't take long at all to get a bunch of centurion gear. Then you'll be fine.

And yet there's countless threads explaining how to get geared for lvl 50 pvp but people still think going into a WZ with 10k hp is ok. Heck even with 12k, you're not all that ok but it'll do.

And yes, it's not very hard to get Cent. gear.

Edited by Draeb

We all went through it. Be glad you aren't level 20 fighting against Champion and Centurion geared 50s.

When you first hit 50 you gotta change your game. You can't be in the middle of the fight anymore(or even on the outskirts). Go guard left and call incomings in Alderaan, guard the other door in Voidstar. . .and just try to stay far enough away from everyone in huttball(and just pew pew them, root the ball holder, cc healers, etc).

I know it's not as fun, but you get better gear pretty quickly.

You gotta change your outlook tactics in warzones anyway. 50s is the 'big leagues' right now, people tend to play smarter(not all, but a lot more than 10-49). So you just gotta find out what works for you.

Reading comprehension would suggest that the OP is comparing his/her current PvP experience to his/her previous experience with the lower bracket.

And yet no where in that paragraph does the OP say he/she wants to be the best in the 50 bracket. Only that he was good in the lower brackets and thus shouldn't be horrible in the level 50.

So basically you guys are making up nonsense and arguing with it instead of actually responding to what's written.

"Reading comprehension" means reading what is there, and understanding it. Not imagining whatever you want it to "suggest" and then acting like the words on the screen say whatever the hack you want them to say.

Strawman arguments are not logical.

Edited by Spymaster

You really don't have anything to say

No, I do have something to say, and I said it. My point being that if you're going to argue against the OP, you need to actually argue with what was written, rather than make up something in your head and then argue with that.

NO WHERE did the OP say ANYTHING about wanting to be the best player in the the level 50 bracket. He just doesn't want to be worthless. I don't know why you took off into a completely different direction from what he said, but that's what you did. That makes YOUR post pointless.

Edited by Spymaster

And yet no where in that paragraph does the OP say he/she wants to be the best in the 50 bracket. Only that he was good in the lower brackets and thus shouldn't be horrible in the level 50.

So basically you guys are making up nonsense and arguing with it instead of actually responding to what's written.

"Reading comprehension" means reading what is there, and understanding it. Not imagining whatever you want it to "suggest" and then acting like the words on the screen say whatever the hack you want them to say.

And where exactly did anyone say that he wanted to be the best? /sigh you see where this is going? You're doing circles man and it's going no where. Everyone but you comprehends what's being said.

Edited by Draeb

No, I do have something to say, and I said it. My point being that if you're going to argue against the OP, you need to actually argue with what was written, rather than make up something in your head and then argue with that.

NO WHERE did the OP say ANYTHING about wanting to be the best player in the the level 50 bracket. He just doesn't want to be worthless. I don't know why you took off into a completely different direction from what he said, but that's what you did. That makes YOUR post pointless.

Oh give me a break, you're completely dense. Good luck figuring it out.

And where exactly did anyone say that he wanted to be the best?

YOU said it. You took his line about wanting to top the leaderboards in the lower brackets and acted as if that meant he wanted to do the same in the level 50s.

Don't forget your "big man on campus" line... if that doesn't mean "the best" what did you mean? One of the best?

/sigh you see where this is going?

Yes. You posted a strawman argument, and now you're backing out of it. So he doesn't want to be the best after all?

He just want's to be effective?

Great that's what I SAID all along.

Everyone but you fails to comprehend what's being said?

Ummm YOU and one other guy imagnined the OP said something he didn't, which you're now backing down from... that's a far cry from "everyone"

Listen... the OP didn't make any of the claims you pretended he made. He did not say he wanted to be the big man on campus, or to be just as good in the level 50 bracket as he was in the lower level ones. YOU MADE THAT UP.

He just doesn't want to feel ineffective. And I don't see why that's such a bad thing to want.

Edited by Spymaster

My vanguard hit 50 yesterday without any champ bags and it was a gigantic pain intially as i was rocking sub par gear and went from being king of the hill to nothing. I had to re-evaluate how best to contribute, I considered myself expendable used taunts every time they were up and always had guard going. After a few warzones confidence returned and I was contributing, not because I am the strongest or best player but because I did all I could to work for the team.

i die fairly fast when a BM or 2 jump on me but hey thats the way it is, a few more warzones and I will have mostly cent with a few peices of champ and im halfway to finishing my illum weekly.

The biggest issue is the game isnt as it was 10-49 and people get shocked, I find the matches MUCH closer though even on loss.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.