Was Vadar more evil than Palpitine ?

mefit

Palpitine who most say is pure darkside never killed children but Vadar did and without hesitation . To me killing kids is a ultimate act of evil and unredeemable . Now given that Palpitine did kill his own Mother , Father , and Sister at a young age ! He did send Vadar to teh Temple but Vadar personally killed those kids .

My opinion Vadar is far more evil in his own selfish path than any Sithlord to ever had lived.

Sidious was the mastermind of the entire thing, he was the Dark Side, Vader was corrupted and obviously wasn't Anakin any more, Sidious would have gladly walked into that room and tortured those younglings with lightning for hours on end if he wasn't bringing the extermination of the entire 15,000+ strong Jedi Order to fruition.

Palpitine who most say is pure darkside never killed children but Vadar did and without hesitation . To me killing kids is a ultimate act of evil and unredeemable . Now given that Palpitine did kill his own Mother , Father , and Sister at a young age ! He did send Vadar to teh Temple but Vadar personally killed those kids .

My opinion Vadar is far more evil in his own selfish path than any Sithlord to ever had lived.

ordering the destruction of an entire planet filled with billions of people > slaughtering children

Also note: Vader was redeemed in the end.

ordering the destruction of an entire planet filled with billions of people > slaughtering children

Also note: Vader was redeemed in the end.

In his death and it is all how you look at it ! Redeemed also means forgiveness but being Jedi are forgiving people I guess that would be a point to Vadar.

Killing from a distance and killing people with your own hands is different being its more personal when its with your own hands !

yeah, Palpatine is the one, Vader did it for padme all along. He thinks that to learn the dark side is to prevent people from dying. Palpatine could have killed those kids for no reason at all. just my simple opinion. :)

Well even a Sith would not kill someone without a reason. They are just punishing weaks, killing if they get offended and when in danger.

Palpatine is a politician. Therefore, far more evil.

Thought this was hilarious. Thank you for the laugh!

I have another, historical question that might help you answer this Star Wars question. Is Hitler despicable and ridiculously evil despite the fact that he never actually killed anyone himself?

In his death and it is all how you look at it ! Redeemed also means forgiveness but being Jedi are forgiving people I guess that would be a point to Vadar.

Killing from a distance and killing people with your own hands is different being its more personal when its with your own hands !

Does that mean German troops were more evil then Hitler?

Well even a Sith would not kill someone without a reason. They are just punishing weaks, killing if they get offended and when in danger.

No humans would be left on earth if everyone killed someone for being offended. That's why the Sith always have so many problems, they take offense too easily.

Edited by Yowfatto

Darth Vader, if you really got down to it, was only an instrument of Darth Sidious.

Now, Sidious? He was a genius but did whatever was necessary to achieve his goals. To achieve as the sole Sith Lord to literally take over the Republic, transform it into the Galactic Empire, and utterly destroying the long hated nemesis, the Jedi Order? He had no problems of betrayal, i.e. killing the CIS leadership on Mustafar, forsaking Darth Tyrannus (Dooku's eyes were in total shock that Sidious would have him killed), and he even was willing to sacrifice Darth Vader to gain Luke Skywalker as his new apprentice.

Of course, he had no problems to scheme the entire plan of forming the CIS, the Clone Wars, and large disposable armies between the CIS and Republic to wage a terrible galactic war. How many people died during the Clone Wars? How many non-combatants? How many planets reduced to ash by the Republic and CIS? This was all part of his plan on clouding events to mask himself from the Jedi Order, which worked perfectly. He was standing in front of their faces! He must have had alot of satisfying laughter from that alone.

Darth Vader was a ******, but merely the supreme agent of Sidious, and a vicious one at that. But more evil than Sidious? No way. Not even by a galaxy wide margin. Sidious was far more dark, far more evil than Vader ever was.

===========

Darth Sidious should also stand, IMO, as the greatest Sith Lord we've ever seen. As a Sith Lord, he didn't have a "Sith Empire" with the agents and military power to go alongside it. He didn't immediately have the war machine of the Galactic Empire. He didn't have academies of disposable Sith acolytes, apprentices, etc.

What Darth Sidious DID have, was patience, outstanding planning, charisma, and perfect manipulation, as well as a great understanding of the Force and Dark Side. With little resources, he took over the Republic and destroyed the Jedi Order, and established the Galactic Empire. He may not have been the best or flashiest with the Lightsaber, but he has accomplished what no Sith Lord has ever done before or afterwards: Overcoming completely the Republic and destroying the Jedi.

Vader was not Evil he was corrupted by the dark side, he was conflicted.....

an analogy maybe (You make a friend, the friend introduces you to his friends, his friends are a gang, they do illegal stuff. They offer you daring lifestyle, you resist but maybe are seduced by its rush. After spending more and more time its harder to leave, it becomes your way of life).

Vader expressed and felt conflict when Luke came onto the scene. He had been around evil for so long it become his way of life as there was nothing to challenge that belief.

another analogy into the psychological aspect (Possible some terrorists are seduced by fanatics when they are picked up at a vulnerable part their life. In an absence of structure in home life they are introduced to a new family, a family of believes and code and order. Brain washed daily into becoming something they once were not until they become a used weapon for destruction)

Vader lost his mother, had visions of losing Padame, the hope that he could have power to restore life seduced him to the dark side. His good intentions corrupted by a manipulator knowing Anakin sufferd from abandonment issues.

So what the op is saying is that the SS army was more evil than Hitler because let's face it, Hitler himself didn't do all those things to the world, it was his soldiers that obeyed him.

So if I want to kill children but not be marked as the evil guy, I should just hire an evil guy.

That logic scares me and for good reasons. To me, it seems the OP is trying to wash off an evil act by telling himself, hey, I didn't actually do it. I simply ordered someone to do it.

Well thats just like, your opinion, man....

If I were to attempt to hire an assassain to kill someone I would be charged with the same crime as the person that commited it.

ordering someones death = killing somoene

your still killing them just the same in the end.