How do you plan to Level your Character?

SySnootles

The corruption companion is really good, so leveling as corruption and let your companion kill everything while you heal it is probably the best way to level with the addition that you are a healer and will have an easier time getting into flashpoints. Madness is probably the second best way to go if you insist on dps. The stuns, CC's, self heals and shields make leveling as madness highly effective when taking on big groups and staying alive, it is also more effective than lighting, but in flashpoints will most likely do a bit less dps.

swtormaster.wordpress.com

The corruption companion?

U mean improved by talents or what?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people planning on speccing 31 corruption, how do you plan to spend your talents as you level up? Do you intend to head straight to revivification, or should we be spending some talents in the lightning tree earlier to improve our force pool/reduce force costs?

For people planning on speccing 31 corruption, how do you plan to spend your talents as you level up? Do you intend to head straight to revivification, or should we be spending some talents in the lightning tree earlier to improve our force pool/reduce force costs?

Everything I have seen points to at least 3 points into Electric Induction quite quickly and also 3 into Will of the Sith, with the option for 2 points into Reserves.

I hear healing can be quite a drain on Force Power.

Can you please explain that.

Cheers,

Misa :-)

Right-click your companion's portrait, and click dismiss. Then click their portrait again to resummon them. You can't do this in combat, but they reappear with full health in less time that it takes to cast one heal.

Edited by mountains

The corruption companion is really good, so leveling as corruption and let your companion kill everything while you heal it is probably the best way to level with the addition that you are a healer and will have an easier time getting into flashpoints. Madness is probably the second best way to go if you insist on dps. The stuns, CC's, self heals and shields make leveling as madness highly effective when taking on big groups and staying alive, it is also more effective than lighting, but in flashpoints will most likely do a bit less dps.

swtormaster.wordpress.com

So confusing. It almost seems like there is a 50/50 split of sorc's saying either that leveling corruption w/ the first companion is the most efficient way to level, and others saying madness/lightning chain lightning build is the best way to level (with what companion?), particularly with the noted condition that the companion can just die or be stored and instantly returned to full health (then perhaps the madness/lightning build loses its luster?)

Corruption will obviously be more group friendly, but as for the question of efficient solo-leveling through the quests - which is supposedly how this game is not only intended to be leveled to max, but supposedly the most efficient way to get to max (no time lost waiting for groups, dealing with sloppy players) - which of the two specs makes for the best leveling build?

We can all change to whatever spec(s) we really want to play after max.

Edited by MoarPowar

Right-click your companion's portrait, and click dismiss. Then click their portrait again to resummon them. You can't do this in combat, but they reappear with full health in less time that it takes to cast one heal.

I thought so, but thanks for explanation. I foresee that "summon companion" spell is going to receive major nerf.

Cheers,

So confusing. It almost seems like there is a 50/50 split of sorc's saying either that leveling corruption w/ the first companion is the most efficient way to level, and others saying madness/lightning chain lightning build is the best way to level (with what companion?), particularly with the noted condition that the companion can just die or be stored and instantly returned to full health (then perhaps the madness/lightning build loses its luster?)

Corruption will obviously be more group friendly, but as for the question of efficient solo-leveling through the quests - which is supposedly how this game is not only intended to be leveled to max, but supposedly the most efficient way to get to max (no time lost waiting for groups, dealing with sloppy players) - which of the two specs makes for the best leveling build?

We can all change to whatever spec(s) we really want to play after max.

A non corruption sorcerer can and will be able to solo with Khem, as the heals available are more than adequate for a "tank and spank" strategy. For the most part you wont even need to heal all that much for normal or silver difficulty mob groups, just dps away.

I'll be leveling (and playing endgame) as lightning, Khem Val is a good tank (if you just pop a shield on him you can take out most world elites on your lonesome generally without having to bother healing him at all) and especially once you get the talents for chain lightning you really start getting that powerful feeling.

Also I'd consider even dps Inquisitors useful as offhealer/shielder in flashpoints, our shield blocks a non trivial amount of damage and can easily mean the difference between a won fight or a wipe or between a totally stressed out healer and a relaxed one ;)

The only "problem" is that Lightning seems to take quite a few levels to really come into its own in flashpoints, during the first two I felt stuff just died too fast (especially trash) for me to actually make any real impact, but once I got the instant chain lightning proc (and of course a bunch of other talents) things really shifted gears and enemies started dropping like flies... It really gave that UNLIMITED POOWWWEEER feeling, if you know what I mean :)

I'll be leveling (and playing endgame) as lightning, Khem Val is a good tank (if you just pop a shield on him you can take out most world elites on your lonesome generally without having to bother healing him at all) and especially once you get the talents for chain lightning you really start getting that powerful feeling.

Also I'd consider even dps Inquisitors useful as offhealer/shielder in flashpoints, our shield blocks a non trivial amount of damage and can easily mean the difference between a won fight or a wipe or between a totally stressed out healer and a relaxed one ;)

The only "problem" is that Lightning seems to take quite a few levels to really come into its own in flashpoints, during the first two I felt stuff just died too fast (especially trash) for me to actually make any real impact, but once I got the instant chain lightning proc (and of course a bunch of other talents) things really shifted gears and enemies started dropping like flies... It really gave that UNLIMITED POOWWWEEER feeling, if you know what I mean :)

I found myself to abuse on the lighting during flashpoints, for the simple reason that the fights were over too soon to use DOT´s effectively. Even on drawn out boss fights, the lack of a dot timer or a proc announcement system leads to a lot of wasted dps.

I'm still undecided if I'm going to go Lightning or Corruption.

I've never played healer before and not sure if I want to take the abuse that will come with learning how to be a good healer in groups. For the first 5 points though they will be going into Lightning just for the extra force and cheaper costs.

I'm still undecided if I'm going to go Lightning or Corruption.

I've never played healer before and not sure if I want to take the abuse that will come with learning how to be a good healer in groups. For the first 5 points though they will be going into Lightning just for the extra force and cheaper costs.

You can always blame the UI when group member dies. By the time devs add addons and UI customization, you'll be a pro healer.

Chers,

Been a Beta tester as a Sith Sorcerer for a while(leveled three lv50 Sorcerer across 5 beta builds.)

Few things to add in this thread:

1. The Presence stat that increase companion effectiveness is NOT the main stat for healing, all SI share 1 main stat and that is willpower(dps/heal/crit/power).

2. All mobs in TOR come in group of 2 or more(except boss), most common is group of 3. So AoE damage ability is important, but sadly Sorcerer doesn't get a major AoE ability until level 20(first tier skill tree/talent for Madness/Lightning.) Yeah I know all SI got Overload, but that really is a cc.

3. Companion can be very useful, IF they are properly gear, i.e. your Khem(tank/dps companion) still use the same old low level gear on him... of course he can't tank or dps at higher level!

4. Class with heals are the best soloing class(Sorcerer/Operative/Mercenary), survivability of those classes are very high, especially healing spec, they are unkillable if the player knows what they are doing.

5. Respec cost, first time is free, 2nd 1.3k, 3rd 3.4k, 4th 10k, 5th 35k.

I try to level as a Lightning Spec sorcerer once, only get it to lv35ish before I respec to Madness, sorry but the Lightning Strike resource management and 3 second cast chain lightning is getting on my nerve. Besides, I like Force Lightning, like A LOT!

Madness spec is called the powerhouse of sorcerers in beta and not without good reason.

Basically once player got both Madness and Sith Efficacy in the Madness Tree, OOR(out of resource/force/mana) is very rare.

Also, regardless of which spec players plan on leveling, I really recommend first 2 skill point in the Lightning tree for Reserves.