Congrats, developers, you just completely killed Artifice...

Korrigan

Well..I understand that the vendor is a gold sink. And I also think it isn't bad to let people buy some nice looking crystals for a limited amount of time.

But what I absolutly don't understand is the reason behind letting them buy the schematics of the magenta crystal (and even so dirt cheap that everbody will be able to buy it).

The schematics were in the game before and you can get them from the world bosses..so why on earth do they need to sell them? It's a slap in the face for all the guys who worked hard in the first weeks to get them. If they wanted to give a bit more access to the magenta crystal, they could have add the crafted crystal to the vendor..but the schematic? Sorry, thats just total ********..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have to think forward a few months.

In 3 months, you won't be able to get these crystals, except from someone with artifice.

In three months, new players and people with new alts will want those crystals... from artificers.

Think of how much in demand they'll be in 6 months. In a year. I mean, you have a right to state your opinion, but I cannot see HOW you think this is going to kill artifice. Your opinion, while you have the right to state it, makes no sense.

So explain it to me.

Back to reality... the magenta crystals do +31 to stats... the cyan/purple/white ones +41. Are you sure you gonna sell any magenta ones? (not to mention magenta looks like pink, and nobody would have used them if they didn't have better stats anyway).

again wth the absolutes. i would love a pink saber.

Back to reality... the magenta crystals do +31 to stats... the cyan/purple/white ones +41. Are you sure you gonna sell any magenta ones? (not to mention magenta looks like pink, and nobody would have used them if they didn't have better stats anyway).

Speak for yourself. I had an OC years ago with a pink saber. IT IS THE ULTIMATE IN COOL. (And at least 20% cooler than all other sabers.)

Well..I understand that the vendor is a gold sink. And I also think it isn't bad to let people buy some nice looking crystals for a limited amount of time.

But what I absolutly don't understand is the reason behind letting them buy the schematics of the magenta crystal (and even so dirt cheap that everbody will be able to buy it).

The schematics were in the game before and you can get them from the world bosses..so why on earth do they need to sell them? It's a slap in the face for all the guys who worked hard in the first weeks to get them. If they wanted to give a bit more access to the magenta crystal, they could have add the crafted crystal to the vendor..but the schematic? Sorry, thats just total ********..

If you worked hard to get the schematics early, you have had time to make a ton of cash selling them. Now that opportunity has passed and they are more widely available. You can still make money off of them, just not as much.

How is that a slap in the face?

I had an OC years ago with a pink saber.
Sure you did, since the game is only out for 3 months now.

:rolleyes:

PS: I appreciate the comments of those who managed to disagree without any insults. It shows this community is not totally lost (yet). Thanks for that.

Edited by Korrigan

I would bet that when the new update comes out the crystals will be even better......this is just to pacify the whiners for now. I have never had a purple or magenta crystal. Will probably do so in the future but am in no hurry. My toon is an artifice so it hurts me as much as anyone else. Just deal with it till we see what they plan on implementing into the game in the near future...........I think that they will have some good things for us in the future updates and patches.

I think you're freaking out over nothing if this vendor bothers you.

According to the guild summit, most level 50s have less than 400k (although how they don't have millions is beyond me, dailies reward an insane amount of credits, there's no gold sink (even repair costs aren't THAT bad) so how are they stuck under 400k?). They can't afford to buy any of the good stuff.

1.2 you mean (I hope)...

And even then... till the time 1.2 comes out, everybody will have one of those +41 (all stats) crystal. They are cheap, at least the cyan and purple ones.

1.2 Will begin Tier 2 content and crafting. These +41 stat crystals will not be BIS anymore. Hence them letting anyone and everyone buy one if they have the cash. Hence them lowering the mount prices to entice more people to buy them. They're trying to drain the excess cash out of the economy and are at the same time setting a very high bar for our services in 1.2.

Knowing that, I'm all for this. They did nothing more in 1.1.5 than take an already useless crew skill and continue it's uselessness. However they also set the stage for us in 1.2 so for that I'm thankful.

The Artifice profession was "average" before, not best, not worse, stuff could be sold on the AH and you could get decent income.

Now with the vendor sold crystals, well... you simply completely killed that. Why didn't you make the new crystals available at the vendor, and make SLIGHTLY BETTER versions available from Artifice?

Where are we heading? Your "economy changes for 1.1.5" actually killed a part of the economy... what's next?

Before today, Advanced lvl 47 crystals sold for about 50k credits on average on my server. Cheapest I see on the new vendor is 125k. I have a friend that makes bank on the level 31 niche. I suppose that if you were making crazy credits on selling Magenta...oh wait, those aren't on the vendor. Hmm...what exactly was destroyed by today's patch again?

Come on, dont mask your feelings. In reality, you wanted to find these color recipes so that you could turn 6k worth of harvestables into 2.5million credits.

Edited by AtPlay

So anyone have a list of all the new crystals / stats on them? What are the prices like for the +41 white ones?

Cyan 41 power/expertise/crit/endurance 250k

Purple 41 power/expertise/crit/endurance 125k

White 31 power/exp/crit/end 1mil

White 41 power/exp/crit/end 2.5mil

Blue/Green/Red/Yellow 41 exp 125k

I understand your concern but you're whining over nothing. The economic patch is in 1.2, not 1.1.5. So clearlly there are going to be newer/better schematics for artifice coming since everyone will already have the +41 stats ones.

Don't jump the gun.

Actually, the way I see this, this is an economic patch too. Think of this as a..."reverse stimulus" patch for the SWTOR economy.

The changes in 1.1.5 are meant to drag the extra credits out of players prior to implementing changes in 1.2

This will make credits far more scarce by the time 1.2 is released and thus, more valuable. (If it works is another matter entirely....)

That is what I see when I see these changes. And this is coming from someone who is has been artifice on his main since day one. (Actually...prior to that even as I did it in the weekend beta tests too.)

Artifice had issues before this...just like other crafting professions. To fix the issue that has been in the game for two months, it is going to take more than one patch and more than a few days.

Of course, my reading on this situation could be completely wrong....but I won't complain until I see what they intend for step two of this economic fix.

I get that they needed to add sinks.

I don't get why the sinks have to be all over one craft's domain. Why not spread the pain around?

I also saw this as a logical option because color crystals are something EVERY character uses. It doesn't matter what class you are. (The colors they give you the option of purchasing have been sought after by many players for a long time....so they knew it was almost certain to work.)

Same goes for the discounts in speeder prices. EVERY character uses speeders...so they give you incentive to buy them by lowering the costs of each speeder.

Perhaps these were just the easiest things to implement.

I havent personally read anything about this "economic drain", but thats because I spend most of my time playing and not reading... however if it is true, It's a great idea! I am pretty sure most if not all of us agree that the crew skills need to be fixed so that they are at least equal if not superior to the end game gear you can just buy by running a few HM's. I for one am willing to wait patiently to see these improvements, I dont plan on playing this game for another week and quiting, I plan to play for a very very long time. It's only been out for three months now, but look at what a great job they are doing. They answer our complaints (at least mine) in a timely fashion, and honestly this game is a revolution in the gaming world... having full video quests, and being Star Wars. So politely I would ask, why are people complaining, my advice, stop ganking low lvls and play an alt for a while, if you make that alt a lvl 50 before the patch 1.2 then may I say you have no life, and dont understand how to play a game to enjoy it. For me at least getting to lvl 50 was most of the fun!

I also saw this as a logical option because color crystals are something EVERY character uses. It doesn't matter what class you are. (The colors they give you the option of purchasing have been sought after by many players for a long time....so they knew it was almost certain to work.)

Same goes for the discounts in speeder prices. EVERY character uses speeders...so they give you incentive to buy them by lowering the costs of each speeder.

Perhaps these were just the easiest things to implement.

This is pretty much it... these are the universal "needs" in the eyes of the players, and most imporantly, the most visible sign of "wealth" for most characters (well... blaster users kinda get the shaft on showing off color crystals by the bank... :)

I think they picked the right place to sink out excess credits for sure.

Crystals make up such a small part of artifice that I find your post laughable.

Yeah don't share the secrets! I have been pleasantly surprised by the profit from Artifice while everyone else and their grandma goes Biochem...

People get emotional about crystals, especially the unique ones. lol. But... what happens when they lose their uniqueness? It will be interesting to see.

So... they are draining the eco system with this vendor? Not sure how that will work exactly given that if you really wanted too you could pay real money to one of those farmers selling creds. I'm not commenting on whether that is appropriate or fair, but for those that want the 1 million cred items, and don't have the means (creds), they can go buy the creds they want.

I don't see how this vendor will do more than drive those that have to have their Cyan color +41 now to outside sources for the creds. In short... it may just be a big boon to those who sell creds online and but ultimately not have a huge impact on the overall SWTOR economy.

I was looking at those crystals, thinking of buying myself something nice. Between my two characters, I do have enough even for one of the white ones. But for the moment, my Inquisitor is happy with his PINK lightsaber (which was acquired for aesthetics, not stats), and there's no reason for my Bounty Hunter to have anything else - you can barely see the colour of his blaster bolts anyway.

So then I thought... well, they're an awful lot of credits, and it's only a temporary thing. As an Artificer, these are the things I've been wanting to craft since the beginning of the game. I went with Artifice purely for the colour crystals, and I'm counting on being able to make them when this vendor disappears.

Logically, therefore, I'm holding on to the credits I have, I'm ceasing production of blue, green, red, yellow and orange crystals, and gathering resources for the production of new colours when the time comes. When I can make the new colours, I WILL make the new colours. I'm going to be ready.

My BH makes more money with Cybertech than my SI does with Artifice anyway, so not selling crystals for a while won't impact my income too much anyway.

Sure you did, since the game is only out for 3 months now.

:rolleyes:

I've been playing Star Wars games (not just MMOs, as those are not the only type of game that exists) since roughly 1998. So when I say I have had a Star Wars OC with a pink lightsaber, I mean I drew her, did her character sheet, and RPed as this character off the Internets. This is easy to understand.

I understand your concern but you're whining over nothing. The economic patch is in 1.2, not 1.1.5. So clearlly there are going to be newer/better schematics for artifice coming since everyone will already have the +41 stats ones.

Don't jump the gun.

You realize 1.2 is ATLEAST a month away? Am supposed to sit on useless proff for atleast a month, while biochem people stuff their faces with stims, medpacks and implants? A month is loads of time and i wouldn't be suprised if they delayed it again...