This is troubling news about valor...

ColdLogic

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will be the end for me if all you have be is a newb to get gear, all my hard work for nothing, why not make us all L1 and give us all the same gear then we can play Obamawars Edited by EpikWang

It not that some people get rewarded for lack of commitment as you put it. Remember some people have a life outside of the game. Gear shouldnt matter anyway it should come down to player skill. If I am a more skilled player then you but I have a job where as you just play 22 hours a day to grind up gear then it make killing you harder...Not because you are skilled but because you have no life...P

Um excuse me, what kind of highfalutin jerk do you have to be to claim people have no life because they got something you were not motivated enough to achieve? 1.2 isn't going to make gear about skill, you are still going to get Warhero Comms for losing to purchase the gear.

and...

I've made almost no alts.

I've done almost no PvE content. (not a fan)

Thus I've spent the majority of my in-game time PvPing.

Bioware could have handled valor in 40 different ways (even incorporating it into the legacy system), instead they chose to render it complete crap and a timesink until 1.2..

Nope, sorry, I and every other BM player who feels the same will probably just stop logging in until 1.2

Edited by ColdLogic

The people have a life outside of the game folks should invest their time to get the gear..... It may take you months but you can still get there. If you want instant fun go play call of duty.

Games that don't offer fun all of the time are called "past games you played"

Um excuse me, what kind of highfalutin jerk do you have to claim people have no life because they got something you were not motivated enough to achieve? 1.2 isn't going to make gear about skill, yo are still going to get Warhero Comms for losing to purchase the gear.

and...

I've made almost no alts.

I've done almost no PvE content.

Thus I've spent the majority of my in-game time PvPing.

Bioware could have handled valor is 40 different ways (even incorporating it into the legacy system), instead they chose to render it complete crap and a timesink until 1.2..

Nope, sorry, I and every other BM player who feels the same will probably just stop logging in until 1.2

Actually I am deployed to afghanistan. So yeah my playtime is a little limited

False. This is what ALL well-designed games do. You will see in a few months with GW2.

Hate to break it to you champ.

GW2 = 9 months minimum.

See you then.

Edited by Iite

What is being said here is that we should stop all PvP grinding till 1.2 because everything we grind will be useless untill ranked commendations for War Hero gear and all we will get is one or two lame mounts and to be the leader in a wz (which no one cares about) for our valor grinding.

What's the problem? It's your fault for grinding valor. lol.

this will be the end for me if all you have be is a newb to get gear, all my hard work for nothing, why not make us all L1 and give us all the same gear then we can play Obamawars

they just kept you in the game long enough dude .. made you buy into the valor rank and you thought it actually meant something .. i do agree, most people invested a lot of time getting valor rank and BM gear .. and they slowly, started making it easier to get that gear, and now, its pretty much available to anyone ..

The people have a life outside of the game folks should invest their time to get the gear..... It may take you months but you can still get there. If you want instant fun go play call of duty.

Really?! This is the kind of elitist post that proves that the people who feel since they put in more time deserve the right to faceroll due to their gear crutch. The gear based pvp with huge gear gaps system is a total fail. Everyone knows it.

Like another poster said GW2 is going for balance and it is the first MMO to break the all about gear cycle.

People do have lives and can't spend all day gaming just to compete!!!! Anyone who thinks they are entitled to an advantage becuase they had the time to put in 15 days of playtime since launch needs to wake up.

Not saying gear and levels should be given out in a day, but these endless gear grinds where people are always behind the no lifers has been played out.

Glad to see BW wake up. Lets have more people BM have more competition and we will see the valor farmers and lowbie farmers QQ because they're not facerolling people anymore.

Edited by Pizzel

Yeah this is what happens when you reach the final gear tier in an MMO. Everything you do is basically useless until they release the next tier of content and gear. this guy speaks as if this is his first MMO.

Yeah this is what happens when you reach the final gear tier in an MMO. Everything you do is basically useless until they release the next tier of content and gear. this guy speaks as if this is his first MMO.

I guess this is the entitlement generation, and any amount of grinding or meaningful time investment is UNACCEPTABLE. MMo's used to be about building on your investments, showcasing what you've done over the years. Some of us are oldschool MMO'ers that are not into the welfare state of modern day gear giving and forgetting the founders of the game.

When you market a game as meaningful and every choice you make is important, like with Valor, and than tell us it's a useless and temp system that earns you almost NOTHING, it's a slap in the face.

I guess this is the entitlement generation, and any amount of grinding or meaningful time investment is UNACCEPTABLE. MMo's used to be about building on your investments, showcasing what you've done over the years. Some of us are oldschool MMO'ers that are not into the welfare state of modern day gear giving and forgetting the founders of the game.

When you market a game as meaningful and every choice you make is important, like with Valor, and than tell us it's a useless and temp system that earns you almost NOTHING, it's a slap in the face.

And better games will have grinding and being able to "showcase" yourself via achivements, titles, cool skins, and similar aspects that don't break the game for others by putting "time=gear".

You can't still have your epeen from being "ColdLogic, Elite Nubdestroyer", and everyone will be able to see how cool your toon is and the great title you earned. But that won't make your gear be tons better and an I-win.

Yea. It's my fault for continuing to put my faith in Bioware, when patch after patch it was shattered by lies. The first time I saw them lie in the official patch notes, I should have just quit. I should have known nothing good can come of deceitful developers that make horrible game design decisions.(not only refering to the new gear not requiring valor 70)

Edited by Niaoru

There's nothing wrong with catering to the casual crowd but you can't ***** all over the hardcore players also while doing so. There has to be a nice balanced line between the two.

Sounds like they are creating more achievements and especially more skins for those that have the playtime and ability to get these.

Free valor gear for everyone? Ok fine.

Where is my free Rakata gear?

It is only fair that I should have it handed to me as a fresh 50, right?

PvP isn't about progression, it's about competition.

PvE is about progression. Progressing through gear/content is part of the allure.

That fresh 50 will still have to run the rated WZ's and work for the War Hero gear, it's just easier to get on equal footing in PvP because that's what it's about.

Expertise/higher tier PvP gear doesn't exist to keep you ahead of the fresh entries to the PvP scene, it's there to keep your gear equal to or slightly better for PvP than PvE gear.

Edited by StealthStalker

the FPS crowd killed the MMORPG

And the MMO crowd ruined FPS games (they tend to have better rewards for nothing but pure time invested/rewards abusing FOTM systems/constant influx of cheaters to get more wins and rewards etc) so its not just about having fun anymore

Hell I would play an fps but I'm aussie and I work nights. This means I'm on US servers and you can't play an FPS with 300+ latency :p

Sure there were those who whined about the gear grind and yes they are terrible people who are to lazy to do it themselves.

However there is also those at the top end who put in to much time and thus EXPECT that that should automatically make them better.

Then there are those of us in the middle who just pvp for fun, sure the incentives keep us going if we're losing but its not the main drive and focus. We welcome a level field where skill is the decider not purely time spent.

More time pvp'ing should = better player through experience, not better player through gear bonuses

Edited by theangryllama

I would like to be able to solo grind Rakata gear as well... Nevermind - leaving this boring game in less than 2 weeks.

And BTW - people play PvP for gear and not for fun because PvP itself isn't fun here after a week or two.

I would like to be able to solo grind Rakata gear as well... Nevermind - leaving this boring game in less than 2 weeks.

And BTW - people play PvP for gear and not for fun because PvP itself isn't fun here after a week or two.

Which is fine if that's really how you feel, but not what they're intending you to do. They want you to PvP for the competition, the excitement. If all you're looking for is a gear grind I think you're looking at the wrong part of the game.