Ranked Warzones Broke on Arrival?

mBlakew

Hey guys,

After watching the live stream today I'm unclear about a few things.

Ranked Warzones are coming, however, 8 man queues are not coming at the same time.

So if I understand this correctly, Ranked Warzones are going to consist of 4 queued members + 4 random members.

So in theory the ranking are somewhat based on luck, or whether your 4 members can carry 4 maybe decent players.

Or are these ranked warzones going to be 4 V 4?

Anyone else confused by this?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OP you are 100% correct. I seriously doubted Bioware would be this dumb but it appears they proved me wrong once again. See this link for proof:

http://i42.tinypic.com/jzf708.png

"Solo Ranked" and "Party Ranked"

Bioware said 8 man Ops groups queuing is not going to be in 1.2. Here is a quote from a guy blogging the entire event:

ranked warzone: full 8 people group allowed. timeline is TBD.

Timeline TBD so for all we know, 8 man Ops ranked queue may not be till May or even June. By then, Tera Online will have been released and Guild Wars 2 is not far behind. GG Bioware. It was fun while it lasted.

Edited by copasetic

Hey guys,

Ranked Warzones are coming, however, 8 man queues are not coming at the same time.

So if I understand this correctly, Ranked Warzones are going to consist of 4 queued members + 4 random members.

So in theory the ranking are somewhat based on luck, or whether your 4 members can carry 4 maybe decent players.

um.. no, i'm not confused.

Your 8 man team will be composed of two 4 man teams.

Tough concept, i know.

OP you are 100% correct. I seriously doubted Bioware would be this dumb but it appears they proved me wrong once again. See this link for proof:

http://i42.tinypic.com/jzf708.png

"Solo Ranked" and "Party Ranked"

Bioware said 8 man Ops groups queuing is not going to be in 1.2. Here is a quote from a guy blogging the entire event:

ranked warzone: full 8 people group allowed. timeline is TBD.

Timeline TBD so for all we know, 8 man Ops ranked queue may not be till May or even June. By then, Tera Online will have been released and Guild Wars 2 is not far behind. GG Bioware. It was fun while it lasted.

.. GW2, the holy messiah of PvP. The QQ and tears when that game launches when it isnt the second coming of PvP Jeesus is going to be freaking *hillarious*.

.. GW2, the holy messiah of PvP. The QQ and tears when that game launches when it isnt the second coming of PvP Jeesus is going to be freaking *hillarious*.

Actually, I'm more looking forward to Tera Online than GW2. After playing in the last Closed Beta test for Tera, I'm really enjoying the combat system and the PvP. The Guild vs Guild feature is something I'll never get tired of. I only mentioned GW2 because I know a lot of people are looking forward to it.

Actually, I'm more looking forward to Tera Online than GW2. After playing in the last Closed Beta test for Tera, I'm really enjoying the combat system and the PvP. The Guild vs Guild feature is something I'll never get tired of. I only mentioned GW2 because I know a lot of people are looking forward to it.

TERA was a snooze fest.

I pre-ordered because everyone was raving about how revolutionary TERA is.

Sorry, it is not.

MMOARPG is an OLD concept in Asian games, and TERA is just another.

There is a reason why TERA failed in Asia, but is predicted to be successful in the U.S. and in Europe.

TERA combat system felt extremely clunky because not every ability can be "cancelled" mid-cast (or mid-animation).

This results in you doing this huge animation for even a normal mouse1 attack while the monster or opposing player is nowhere close to being hit.

You might say, "well, that's how it's supposed to be! You have to AIM."

Not really. Especially for "auto-attacks."

Players should be able to "respond" to an opponent's movement, and not be committed for seconds on a string of pointless attacks because they pressed their mouse1 button.

Go search a TERA duel on youtube, especially one with melees. It's a damn joke. It's pretty much whoever can land one "big attack" wins, since it hits for almost your entire health bar. This is not street fighter.

Not to mention it's not remotely skillful to dodge boss special abilities, when they either take 1-2 seconds preping for it, and/or have their eyes SHINE before doing a big attack. Any non-bad will be able to dodge attacks or block attacks.

Edit: not to mention the collision detection for players. GL getting around when the game is first released.

Edited by Acyu

people should really know what they are talking about before making these kind of threads.

the whole ranked WZ system will be rolled out in steps. the full system isnt going to just be plopped out all at once in v1.2. they even called in "pre-season" for what is coming in 1.2. to start it will be 4 man premades, but full 8 man premades will come later as well as actual teams.

Yep. This is ridiculous. If you were on my server you would know that despite your best efforts winning a ranked match will be very difficult because that second group of 4, be it premade or puggers, practically play for the other side they are so bad. Tons of Imperials pvp, and most of them are horrible. Republic has a lot less that pvp, but even their pugs play A LOT smarter. A sweeping server wide generalization, but sadly true. We've been dyyyying for 8 man queues to take the bads out of the equation, but apparently you want me to carry the bads even through RANKED warzones now?! Unacceptable.

If ranked warzones are implemented this way it will be a joke. Ranking will NOT be an indication of skill. It will be more of a luck metric.

Bioware please don't implement ranked warzones until 8 man queues are possible.

people should really know what they are talking about before making these kind of threads.

the whole ranked WZ system will be rolled out in steps. the full system isnt going to just be plopped out all at once in v1.2. they even called in "pre-season" for what is coming in 1.2. to start it will be 4 man premades, but full 8 man premades will come later as well as actual teams.

We know this. This is not acceptable. Hence this thread.

Edited by afootdoc

^

/thread shall end with a utter click clack

TERA was a snooze fest.

I pre-ordered because everyone was raving about how revolutionary TERA is.

Sorry, it is not.

MMOARPG is an OLD concept in Asian games, and TERA is just another.

There is a reason why TERA failed in Asia, but is predicted to be successful in the U.S. and in Europe.

TERA combat system felt extremely clunky because not every ability can be "cancelled" mid-cast (or mid-animation).

This results in you doing this huge animation for even a normal mouse1 attack while the monster or opposing player is nowhere close to being hit.

You might say, "well, that's how it's supposed to be! You have to AIM."

Not really. Especially for "auto-attacks."

Players should be able to "respond" to an opponent's movement, and not be committed for seconds on a string of pointless attacks because they pressed their mouse1 button.

Go search a TERA duel on youtube, especially one with melees. It's a damn joke. It's pretty much whoever can land one "big attack" wins, since it hits for almost your entire health bar. This is not street fighter.

Not to mention it's not remotely skillful to dodge boss special abilities, when they either take 1-2 seconds preping for it, and/or have their eyes SHINE before doing a big attack. Any non-bad will be able to dodge attacks or block attacks.

Edit: not to mention the collision detection for players. GL getting around when the game is first released.

I actually enjoy not being able to cancel an attack because it means you are forced to use each ability carefully and wisely instead of blindly using any ability you see that comes off cooldown. If you see an opening for a long animation ability, you better be certain you can aim it correctly and land it. This is just another element of skill in the game and if you don't want to adapt, then don't play it.

And your point about dodging boss special attacks being too easy, this doesn't bother me at all considering I never said anything about the PvE in the game. I'll judge that once I've tried it more. But from the PvP I've done, I really enjoyed how skill based it was due to having to aim everything.

Tera was horrible...I played the beta and I simply just don't see what all the fuss is about. Pretty sub par combat system in comparison to other mmo's that using real time combat. There was really nothing special about it, and it was a typical grind fest like every other asian mmo.

I really wish BW would hire some devs that play games.

What will happen now is guilds will que with premades plus 3-4 solo quer and hope atleast one of them end up on the other team just to help their premade. It already happen when wz means nothing and soon they get rewarded with better gear and stats that show how "good" they are.

GG BW

Tera was horrible...I played the beta and I simply just don't see what all the fuss is about. Pretty sub par combat system in comparison to other mmo's that using real time combat. There was really nothing special about it, and it was a typical grind fest like every other asian mmo.

Umm did we play the same game? My friends and I found the leveling to be very good in the last closed beta weekend. I went from 1-22 in about 5 or 6 hours. And from what I hear from my friends that play KTera, the leveling curve stays roughly the same to 58 (now 60). The grind is nowhere near as bad Aion was don't blindly assume it's going to be the same.

Umm did we play the same game? My friends and I found the leveling to be very good in the last closed beta weekend. I went from 1-22 in about 5 or 6 hours. And from what I hear from my friends that play KTera, the leveling curve stays roughly the same to 58 (now 60). The grind is nowhere near as bad Aion was don't blindly assume it's going to be the same.

what were your impressions of the little girl based race with child bearing hips running around in their panties?

what were your impressions of the little girl based race with child bearing hips running around in their panties?

I don't care about how a race looks and you shouldn't either. I'm sure there are plenty of prepubescent kiddies that will love to roll one of them but I couldn't care less. I only care about the gameplay and PvP both of which I thoroughly enjoyed.

As long as they don't implement "season 1" prior to making full 8 man queues available, it's fine. However, if that's not the case, and "season 1" begins the way it is, a "team rating" will be absolutely worthless. Sure, you can be teamed with a 2nd premade, but what's to say they won't be worthless, and not communicate.

I see solo queue for ranked.

I am happy. Finally can play ranked without my guild on.

I honestly can wait until 8 person teams. 4 is a good enough start for now. I also saw a quote on the summit forums that 8 man teams WILL make it in for 1.2.

Its not clear right now.

The sky isn't falling folks. Calm down.

Edited by Arkerus

If this is a true pre-season, where nothing about season 1 will be determined in this pre-season, then it's not as big a deal. I made this thread for discussion and clarification on the issue. But they haven't said whether they will wipe the data from the ranked warzones. You could say it's assumed they will wipe the data, but you can't be for certain that nothing in pre-season will affect the season 1 rankings. And having a pre-season where you can't coordinate your 8 player warzones is kinda useless.

As for the smaller guilds who can't manage 8 man queues, you've plenty of time to recruit and train people for PvP if you want to be serious in the ranked warzones.

Hey guys,

I'm confused now, too. I wish they would put out a timeline. Doesn't have to be exact dates, but for crying out loud, can we get an approximate order of events? For now, Bioware lost my sub, at least until I see which way the wind blows, because I heard 8 mans were going to be in next. I have a month of play time left and no intention of renewing if I have to face 8 mans as a solo queue player.

So is it, or isn't? If it is, will it be after cross servers are in and for a separate, rated warzone, or will it all be the same rated warzone? And if it's separate, will the rated gear be better than the best pug gear?

If this is a true pre-season, where nothing about season 1 will be determined in this pre-season, then it's not as big a deal. I made this thread for discussion and clarification on the issue. But they haven't said whether they will wipe the data from the ranked warzones. You could say it's assumed they will wipe the data, but you can't be for certain that nothing in pre-season will affect the season 1 rankings. And having a pre-season where you can't coordinate your 8 player warzones is kinda useless.

As for the smaller guilds who can't manage 8 man queues, you've plenty of time to recruit and train people for PvP if you want to be serious in the ranked warzones.

Well If preseason is like exhibition games in hockey or football, the stats mean nothing. Hopefully we can still earn ranked comms though.