Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.2 is "The Messiah of all Patches"

BOLTgamer

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people will never be satisfied.

Another way to put this is "some people have high expectations".

Which is far less inflammatory, and should be true for a game you paid an initial net deposit for access to, and then a running subscription.

I expect quality out of a game i pay 50-60 bucks initially for, and then 15 a month.

Because there are other games out there that deliver quality for the same or less cost range, and there are new games coming out all the time that might.

I don't think this is a bad thing.

Edited by Shinavast

And this is about a good of an analogy i can think of for the "jesus patch". I for one wouldnt call it that but anyway, I present to you:

TOR Burger

TOR Burger: GRAND OPENING!! We have Burgers Shakes and Fries!

People: WOOO I LOVE BURGERS!!!!

Other People: McWoW has bacon, I WANT BACON ON MY BURGERS!!

More People: McWoW didnt have bacon at launch

Even more: Yeah but TOR Burger is in direct competition with McWow which clearly has bacon now.

Some Community: I actually love regular cheese burgers and dont need bacon.

TOR Burger: Now with BACON!!!!

People: BULLSHXT, bacon should have been an option from grand opening, I already ate lunch today and I would have rather had bacon.

Person: Well now you can, so get a baconchee tomorrow.

Other person again: I invested way too much time eating that burger, I dont want to pay to eat another one just to get bacon.

TOR Burger: We realize not everyone loves beef, now CHICKEN PATTIES!!

Person: QQ QQ I dont like chicken!! They could have used that time perfecting a BBQ sauce for my beef burger instead.

Blahblah: WE THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE CHICKEN WANT BACON ON IT TOO!!

TOR Burger: You can now put bacon on anything.

Customer: WHAT?!?!?! So now anyone can put bacon on any burger?!?!?! What is the benefit of even having a bacon cheeseburger if youre just going to give bacon to chicken!

My god. After this post, I stopped reading this thread. Best summation ever. +All Internets etc. Sir, well done. I hope this one is on that wall of mail/forum posts every office has, sheer inspired brilliance.

Fluke

I'm gonna say what I said in another thread.

Trailers for 1.0 looked AWESOME, gonna be a BLAST! 1.0 sucked....

Trailer for 1.1 looked pretty good, gonna really deliver. 1.1 sucked...

See where I am going with this?

Probably already been said, but what's the timing on this new messiah patch? Right around the same time everyone's second month sub is about to expire?

1-3 weeks after second month expires. Depending on how well PTS testing goes.

The Legacy system could use more work. It looks a bit half-baked to me. They are offering recycled assets in strange places.

---

Quite so, it looks like half thought recycling existing suff.

another 2008'r speaking the truth. this game is far from what they hyped through devolpment. In my opinion its a very very good lobby game and a medicore MMO.

They hype was on you, my friend. They just told you what their vision for this game was, they didn't hype anything.

You did, and you disappointed yourself in the process. You will do the same thing with GW2 and any other game that comes after.

its not a true combat log not in the least and all they are doing to the ui is making it movable.

What's a true combat log? Recount? What, don't like the fact that you can only see your stats and can't flog those around you for not performing up to your level.

Please. We don't need a log like that. If that is what you are looking for, WoW is calling your name.

And this is about a good of an analogy i can think of for the "jesus patch". I for one wouldnt call it that but anyway, I present to you:

TOR Burger

TOR Burger: GRAND OPENING!! We have Burgers Shakes and Fries!

People: WOOO I LOVE BURGERS!!!!

Other People: McWoW has bacon, I WANT BACON ON MY BURGERS!!

More People: McWoW didnt have bacon at launch

Even more: Yeah but TOR Burger is in direct competition with McWow which clearly has bacon now.

Some Community: I actually love regular cheese burgers and dont need bacon.

TOR Burger: Now with BACON!!!!

People: BULLSHXT, bacon should have been an option from grand opening, I already ate lunch today and I would have rather had bacon.

Person: Well now you can, so get a baconchee tomorrow.

Other person again: I invested way too much time eating that burger, I dont want to pay to eat another one just to get bacon.

TOR Burger: We realize not everyone loves beef, now CHICKEN PATTIES!!

Person: QQ QQ I dont like chicken!! They could have used that time perfecting a BBQ sauce for my beef burger instead.

Blahblah: WE THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE CHICKEN WANT BACON ON IT TOO!!

TOR Burger: You can now put bacon on anything.

Customer: WHAT?!?!?! So now anyone can put bacon on any burger?!?!?! What is the benefit of even having a bacon cheeseburger if youre just going to give bacon to chicken!

lol! This is perfect... sadly its gonna go over so many peoples heads (IE, the “people” and “persons”... heh)

1-3 weeks after second month expires. Depending on how well PTS testing goes.

Figures. All the stuff that was supposed to be in at launch, and all the stuff that was missing comes right around the time when everyone is on the fence about cancelling.

I, for one, aren't buying it. This patch won't save this game. Its too bland. Too generic. Other than the voice-acting and the 'story'. the levelling process is hopelessly repetative, even more so than most MMOs. PVP is a CC fest, with horrible class balance. End-game is also fairly dull.

Guess I'll be trolling around for F2P games while I wait for something else to come along. Diablo 3, TERA, maybe GW2. Just hope they aren't as bad.

Seriously, they are adding:

1. Ingame events

2. New warzone

3. New flashpoint

4. New Operation

5. Better Crafting

6. Legacy

7. More RP places

8. Chat bubbles

9. Animal Mounts

10. Ranked WZ's

AND much much moree!!1

This is like a wow expansion!!!

I am very glad for most of the elements of this new patch, and I am glad to see that Bioware is responding to their customers, as it seems they are.

I don't agree that all, or any, of this could have, or should have, been included at launch. Some of it, maybe, but not all.

I do wish, though, that they would survey different gear image concepts, I'm sick of wearing a dress and I don't really want to look like either a peacock or Helen of Troy, (viz a viz the new image of consular gear...ugh...blech...I mean, seriously, can anyone see Mace Windu walking around in that peacock headed outfit or this new off-the-shoulder thing? seriously?)

Bioware, can you please make some GENDER-APPROPRIATE gear for all classes? (particularly the consular), but the smuggler gear, the JK gear, the BH gear, the SW/SI gear...they could all use a little help...the only thing that makes any sense is the trooper gear being gender neutral, but that actually looks halfway decent because it makes sense.

I get the idea that they,(consulars), wear long flowing robes and all that...but why aren't there some variations between male and female character gear design pallets?

Why are all the top tier gear exactly the same generic peacock headed nonsense, with tiny variations in color?

why should my male consular look exactly the same as the female consular standing next to me? (except that mine looks ridiculous because he has a peacock tail on his head and looks like he should be on top of a wedding cake).

Yes, I know some of this will be mitigated with the new patch that will allow for moding of existing gear with better mods. But, the best gear I have is not modible,(battlemaster chest piece) And I don't feel like spending 300 rounds of EV to get enough of the decent mods I'll need for the olllllld pvp gear that I have that is modible.

Please, guys, get some decent looking gear concepts together, LOTS of them, LOTS AND LOTS OF THEM, and let US see them, and let us vote on them, (and provide us with Gender based options).

a HUGE part of what I love about gaming is the LOOK of my character. It's frustrating enough that I feel that the consulars are grossly underpowered, considering their role in the star wars universe, but to make them look ridiculous at the same time is just adding insult to injury.

I love this game and overall I feel you guys have done a great job, so far. The pluses still outweigh the minuses. But I really would love to see some better LOOKING, and gender appropriate, gear

sorry for the long rant, I get verbose when discussing something I feel passionate about.

UI customisation, yes. Mods, no.

Combat log, yes.

Too bad it is a crappy implementation of a combat log. They aren't even committing to a decent in game combat log for me. All they've said is we will know what we killed and what killed us. NEWSFLASH! I already know who/what killed me, I'd like to see how it happened during combat so I can do better the next time. I don't want to leave the game, parse my log and then log back in just to figure out what happened during combat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.