In the 1.2 video, Did I see this right?

thebigdmkilla

Seriously? You RP PvP or something? Name one serious PvP player that uses companions in duels lol.

I dunno I'm not at 50 cuz i got quickly bored of Hoth and then Belsavis....

but I've seen some lower level characters that do that. So...

Edited by Silthir

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith Pureblood is going to be available on the Republic side? I don't mind bringing species over from one side to the other, but this makes no sense.

Dude, in everything associated with sentient life, there are turncoats and defectors. Its the nature of conflict between opposing forces.

That has to be a joke, thats all they are adding and they had to push it back?

Lol, did you see the same trailer I did. They are adding 10x more stuff in 1.2 from 1.1. They are basically overhauling the crafting with 4 pages of patch notes just for crafting on top of all the other things in the trailer.

Yoda species aren't even available as Jedi, why would they be available as Sith? xD

It was to show the extreme absurdity of having Pureblood Jedi.

A species born and bred into the darkside, raised on blood and death....and now suddenly theres going to thousands of them as Jedi.....

Like i said, you dont rip out the soul of an IP to try and appeal to the masses. Look at Comic book movies for example, the further from the source material they are the worse they are, once they began sticking to the established lore, they became mega blockbusters instead of jokes.

Im here because this game is Star Wars, once the game doesnt reseimble that....hundreds of thousands of us will be gone. We've done it before, dont think we do it again.

That has to be a joke, thats all they are adding and they had to push it back?

As opposed to some MMOs making people wait 6, 8, 11 months before getting... a dungeon or 2 and one new raid with 5-7 bosses?

/chuckle

Ok then, move along.

It was to show the extreme absurdity of having Pureblood Jedi.

A species born and bred into the darkside, raised on blood and death....and now suddenly theres going to thousands of them as Jedi.....

Like i said, you dont rip out the soul of an IP to try and appeal to the masses. Look at Comic book movies for example, the further from the source material they are the worse they are, once they began sticking to the established lore, they became mega blockbusters instead of jokes.

Im here because this game is Star Wars, once the game doesnt reseimble that....hundreds of thousands of us will be gone. We've done it before, dont think we do it again.

I miss SWG...They are going to Wowitize this game wayy to much.

The amount of people crying over all these features is ridiculous. You guys all assume they work a certain way without actually know it. Especially when it comes to the legacy traits. How about we wait until the guild summit picks back up and they explain what all this stuff actually does and how it works.

The sky is not falling. Stop crying.

Once you get away from the core of an IP, the very soul of it its over, especially Star Wars. SWG tried this and it's now the model of what not to do.

Sith Purebloods as Jedi?

I DEMAND a yoda species sith then.

I guess you're not a lore buff.

There HAVE been Sith Purebloods as Jedi, albeit extremely rare.

There are NOT many of Yoda's species in existence and extremely little is known about them, the closest known species is Lannik, and that's not even the same.

It fits the IP and the Lore just fine, but I guess some people think "Lore" is "what they want".:rolleyes:

This was already in the game.

Spoilers for Jedi Knight

Praven, a Sith Pureblood and an apprentice of Darth Angral (Final boss of Act 1) turns away from the dark side, and goes to Tython where he trains as a Jedi.

Lord Scrouge (The Empires right hand man) becomes a companion for the Jedi Knight

I don't mind that at all. Unless you thought the Pureblood Sith were the equivalent of Yoda's species? IE: Yoda's species is only Lightside, Pureblood Sith only darkside?

But Yoda's species is never fleshed out. I think we see, what? 4? in the entire lore?

I dont have to look at your spoiler, i've read the Revan novel, and Scourge was never a Jedi and never went to the lightside. Picking one single point (and the only example ever) is not a basis for an argument.

I didn't say it was game breaking. However, in my opinion, it does severely damages the integrity of the game. Class defining abilities should not be available to other classes.

It's a "perk" system. Not class redefining, and not game breaking in any way. Plus, you have to earn it.

And to all those that are gnashing with the "lore breaking" ranting.....seriously, get a grip. Luca Arts is the gatekeeper for Lore NOT YOU.

Edited by Andryah

What the crap is this bioware.

Why do I see party Queue for ranked Warzones and not Operation Queue?

Are you kidding me? So you are going to rank us on 4 man groups when we can't control how bad the other 4 players we get stuck with are?

Well, I am expecting to unsubscribe from this game shortly if this bullcrap keeps up.

Hah that's a nice catch. I even paused on that specific part to get a better look at the PvP box details and still couldn't read it due to this work computer being so bad :(

I'm extremely disappointed if this is true.

And I agree with what a few other posters have said that everything BW is announcing in 1.2 should have been in the game at release. The problem isn't the amount of the endgame content the game had at release.

The problem is that the content is too easy and is quickly consumed by even your average MMO player.

Wait for it.......here it comes...the typical response to this:

"Maybe you should stop playing and get a life! I've played for X amount of hours on my main, have X amount of alts at max level, and am enjoying all the story!"

What you fail to realize is that every casual MMO player I know that played/plays SWToR agrees that the content is far too easy. What's the point of Normal/Hard/Nightmare modes when they are basically all the same? The only notable difference is bosses do a bit more damage and have a bit more HP. The only boss we had trouble with on Nightmare was Soa and that was mainly due to how buggy the encounter is. The first non-buggy attempt we had was a kill.

PvP-wise, they should have had some form of Ranked Warzones or Stat Tracking system in place already. There really is no point to doing WZs once you get the majority of your BM pieces. The few who do continue PvPing past Valor Rank 60/70 for the pure enjoyment of PvP itself are a very small minority. The majority of us need some other incentive to keep playing, such as a simple Stat Tracking/Ladder system. What makes this even worse is how easy BW is making it to achieve Valor Rank 60. With Ilum and the new WZ changes, you can get it far faster than you could before Valor gains were added to Ilum and you had to grind WZ after WZ. If what the above poster said in the quote is true, this will be the final nail in the coffin for SWToR for me. That is simply unacceptable.

And I'm not even going to get into how big of a fail Ilum was/is.

The UI customization should have been in at launch although this one doesn't matter to me that much since I've never had any issues with the UI.

The only part of this patch that I can understand needing time to polish is the Legacy system. I don't care about the new Flashpoint at all since there's absolutely no reason to run them if you're in a raiding guild. You get all the gear/Alloy you need from raids so whats the point in running Flashpoints?

I expect the new Operation to once again be far too easy with guilds clearing hard/nightmare modes in the first week.

Edited by copasetic

I guess you're not a lore buff.

There HAVE been Sith Purebloods as Jedi, albeit extremely rare.

There are NOT many of Yoda's species in existence and extremely little is known about them, the closest known species is Lannik, and that's not even the same.

It fits the IP and the Lore just fine, but I guess some people think "Lore" is "what they want".:rolleyes:

Care for a challenge? Scourge was NOT A JEDI.

And yes, im a canon whore.

Edited by TKMaster

I didn't say it was game breaking. However, in my opinion, it does severely damages the integrity of the game. Class defining abilities should not be available to other classes.

On a 20 min cooldown that isn't usable in PvP or in a group of 4 or more. It's a cool flavor thing that relates your toons without causing balance issues. I like it.

Jeez...people will complain about anything won't they? I bet if there was a perfect patch, people would still complain about it.

all you would see is "omg, should have been in at launch" from everyone :-)

Once you get away from the core of an IP, the very soul of it its over, especially Star Wars. SWG tried this and it's now the model of what not to do.

Sith Purebloods as Jedi?

I DEMAND a yoda species sith then.

You do know that the precursor to the Jedi Order included Sith members, right? Mind you, that dates all the way back to 36,000 or so years before New Hope, but even though Sith are naturally attuned to the darker side of the Force, it certainly doesn't preclude them from the opposite.

You do know that the precursor to the Jedi Order included Sith members, right? Mind you, that dates all the way back to 36,000 or so years before New Hope, but even though Sith are naturally attuned to the darker side of the Force, it certainly doesn't preclude them from the opposite.

Yes i do, the Jedai.

And from all the lore i know of all the Sith followed Bogan i.e. The darkside.

Just wanted to note, that this ability is only planned to be usable when your companion is active and your (companion buff) power is going. In other words it will have pretty much 0 impact on PvP or Raids. Its something for fun, if you loathe the idea, ignore it. Sounds like a great way to have implemented a neat idea while avoiding the usual huge imbalance problems.

I dont have to look at your spoiler, i've read the Revan novel, and Scourge was never a Jedi and never went to the lightside. Picking one single point (and the only example ever) is not a basis for an argument.

Darth Praven

Just wanted to note, that this ability is only planned to be usable when your companion is active and your (companion buff) power is going. In other words it will have pretty much 0 impact on PvP or Raids. Its something for fun, if you loathe the idea, ignore it. Sounds like a great way to have implemented a neat idea while avoiding the usual huge imbalance problems.

That's excellent news, thank you. :)