Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

[Unfair] Disadvantage for Sorc/Sage

daMarek

The main stat Willpower does not increase the damage of their weapon (Lightsaber). Lightsaber damage is tied to Strength, an utterly useless stat for sorc/sage.

I know it is a ranged class, but all other ranged classes have their main stat Aim or Cunning tied to their weapon damage, and they can use it at close range too.

Is this as intended or is it an oversight/bug/feature?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main stat Willpower does not increase the damage of their weapon (Lightsaber). Lightsaber damage is tied to Strength, an utterly useless stat for sorc/sage.

I know it is a ranged class, but all other ranged classes have their main stat Aim or Cunning tied to their weapon damage, and they can use it at close range too.

The only oversight here is you thinking they are melee when they aren't. They are casters, and willpower is what increases the damage of those abilities.

Please read, then think about it, and then MAYBE post here

Why are you attacking with your weapon as a Sorc or Sage?

My lightsaber is pink. I want to hit things with it.

Not to mention the fact that we still have the two melee attacks from when we first started the character. It would be wastful to have a viable attack we couldn't use if the need should arise.

Edited by Ketchum

BECAUSE EVERY OTHER RANGED CLASS EXCEPT SAGE AND SORCERER USES THEIR WEAPON FOR DAMAGE. Sage and Sorc do not use their weapons to cause damage.

Please read that part again.

My lightsaber is pink. I want to hit things with it.

Not to mention the fact that we still have the two melee attacks from when we first started the character. It would be wastful to have a viable attack we couldn't use if the need should arise.

There are plenty of abilities that ever class has that they don't use depending on their AC and/or spec.

You are a caster. Casters usually get stat sticks (link above) i.e. their weapon is only there to carry the stats increasing the characteristics of your caster abilities. If you could actually make use of your lightsaber in a meaningful way then it would make sense.

Melee or ranged, point is sorc/sage are given one less ability. It would probably be pretty dumb to run in and hack/ but -1 is -1.

Trust me, it's not one less ability. I removed my main two attacks at about level 25, and I never put them back on my skill bar. You have so much other stuff you should be doing, then wasting your time in close combat. We're also squishy, so it doesn't help going up into the fray with all that AoE about.

I think i figured it out! stop running out of force.

but seriously snipers don't run up to people to shiv them.

Dps operatives don't go into cover to use snipe or explosive probe except maybe if forced out of melee for a extended period.

So seriously why would you want to go into melee to use abilities you cant even talent for? the only reason would be to swing a lightsabre around and pretend your doing something useful with it, but you can do that now.

If as a Sorcerer or a Sage, you have your melee attacks on your toolbar, that's your first mistake.

The reason they shouldn't be on your toolbar: because if you think you need them, the fight is already over, you have lost and you just don't realize it yet.

Hitting something with a Willpower lightsaber is like rolling up a newspaper and swatting your dog. It only scares people who are actually afraid of it.

If you want to be melee, roll a Warrior/Knight.

:confused:

OP...I'm a Sage.

I love PVP and do very considerable damage, usually in the top 3.

The same goes for PVE. No problems holding my own against enemies.

Not once do I swing my saber, though.

I didn't even pay to level up Double-Strike because it's more of an "option" than anything and I won't be requiring it.

Now I'm not slamming you or anyone else who would want to use a saber, but as a caster class, why would we?

It makes sense that melee would rely on it heavily, but again for us it's really just an "option" to use it and it's not even that amazing when we do.

- DH

Uhm what?!?

This is a horrible troll. Willpower increases the damage done by ALL Of your abilities, including your melee attacks. The only reasons those attacks don't do much damage is because either

A.) You never bothered to level them

B.) They don't get bonuses/scaling from your skills

Each class has one stat that increases its damage, regardless of the attack being "melee or ranged."

Are you seriously complaining about your lightsaber damage??

That's like a mage complaining about his staff not doing the same physical damage as a warrior's sword...

As if sages/sorcs need any more help. :D

Uhm what?!?

This is a horrible troll. Willpower increases the damage done by ALL Of your abilities, including your melee attacks. The only reasons those attacks don't do much damage is because either

A.) You never bothered to level them

B.) They don't get bonuses/scaling from your skills

Each class has one stat that increases its damage, regardless of the attack being "melee or ranged."

Indeed. I've have thought it very sensible that a Sorc doesn't hit exactly as hard as an Assassin in melee (with the same skill).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.