Day of having Rivals from your server sill SOON be over

Lrdprimus

People who are for and against have reached an impasse that cannot be breached. Some will like X-Server, some won't however some servers have low pop so that it becomes a PITA to Queue up. And to the person saying only bads want WZ, you couldn't be anymore stupid. As one person said, finding new blood to fight against is a positive of X-Server. I personally know some really good players from other server I have been itching to fight, so I hope I am able to meet them in a WZ without rerolling on their servers.

X-Servers are coming, in Phase 2 of 1.2 Phase one will be a Pre-season for Ranked WZ (I.e testing it out same server). Then they will implement X-Server, BUT This will still have same server priority.

I have great Queue times on my server but I am still looking forward to fighting someone knew, and Avoiding the awful Frame rate of Alderaan at all cost.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will dearly miss same-server warzones once they are gone.

I suppose if it is needed then I understand. I will continue to play either way. My server seems to have healthy warzones (balanced number of wins across faction, doesn't take too long to get a queue). But I can understand if other servers are suffering from a lack of players.

with Xrealm games coming out the days of seeing the same people in your games will be over.

Vanilla wow was so nice fighting against the same people over and over and getting to know how they play and winning some/losing some. These days are behind us yet again.

rating games will destroy swtor if they come out now because this game is beyond imbalanced and resolve is a joke.

I love this game and im saying that playing a DPS valor rank 75 Jugg.

Rivals are so much fun it will be missed.

Lrdprimus

Kinwrath Spider

are you really serious? a bh or whatever class is going to be that much different with a different person playing it? ok maybe thats not it maybe you want to fight familiar names? why? you cant talk to them.

I am from a server where reps are almost always queued as premades (because their lower pop and their biggest pvp guild absorbed most of the decent pugs on reps side into their guild).

Our pvp queue pop is CONTROLLED whether or not this guild feel like queuing up for PvP or not. Otherwise all we get is hutball. 8 out of 10 games we are fighting their premade usually consist of 3 commando healers that also garv spam + 1 sage healer for aoe and 1 to 2 tank for guard and dps which is very stupid to fight against in case you have little idea about pvp.

Imp side we have way more people, if we queue as premade we will never get a pop for hours. Most of us just solo queue as queue as group of 4 is not an option whereas they can queue up as 2x4 premade ALL DAY LONG. They have many really crappy pvpers that get carried and hit BM faster than anyone could that solo queue even if they are wayyyyyyy more skilled as a pvper.

Xshard queuing is required to save the PvP on many light servers that Reps CONTROLS PvP queue and can always queue as premade to gain advantage.

I look forward to xshard queuing as their premade will be against other premade so they know whats real pvp and the pug pvp will be far more balanced in the same way.

If you are against this you are probably one of the guilds that always queue as premade and cannot survive in pug where theres no babysitters watching your back the whole time since all you know if spam your garv rounds.

Edited by warultima

OP is right: rivals are awesome!

too bad there is no rival left on the servers cause everyone stopped playing.

so the thing you are wrong about: x-realm matchmaking or server merges is actually the only way to revive rivals!

Yes because i love logging on for a bit per day and seeing the same sweaty sorc who is always on the game non stop, destroy me because they find fresh air bad. Yes i love playing against those with absolutely no life constantly and getting ganked.

X realm allows for us to pick what specific wz we want to play, if i had it my way i' play civil war all the time.

OP is right: rivals are awesome!

too bad there is no rival left on the servers cause everyone stopped playing.

so the thing you are wrong about: x-realm matchmaking or server merges is actually the only way to revive rivals!

That makes zero sense.

Is that coming before or after D3 and GW2 releases? Oh, n/m - my subscription expires in 2 weeks anyway.

I hope your server cluster will have enough players to start at least one warzone when this function will be implemented.

Is that coming before or after D3 and GW2 releases? Oh, n/m - my subscription expires in 2 weeks anyway.

I hope your server cluster will have enough players to start at least one warzone when this function will be implemented.

you are really cool for saying that stuff. it makes you look more advanced than us. and smarter

That makes zero sense.

It does. A lot of light servers where better players are forced to fight premade because of population imbalance queuing as group on the high pop side is not an option.

A lot of good/hardcore pvper in this game are used to premade matching so theres no premade vs pug type of noobcrap as seen in SWTOR. Some i know stopped playing as GW2 is about to come out, some went back to wow for more balanced PvP some still play GW.

Xshard queuing can save many light servers (which is the majority of the servers btw) which makes perfect sense unless you are among the "no premade no pvp" carebears.

And thank god for that.

Having only ONE lvl 50 warzone open at a time (or none at all) at off hours sucks ***.

And aside from that, having always the same 20ish people rotating inside warzones is awful, it just makes the game stagnant and boring.

It's a win-win change that should have been there since day one.

Edited by Maltra

with Xrealm games coming out the days of seeing the same people in your games will be over.

Vanilla wow was so nice fighting against the same people over and over and getting to know how they play and winning some/losing some. These days are behind us yet again.

rating games will destroy swtor if they come out now because this game is beyond imbalanced and resolve is a joke.

I love this game and im saying that playing a DPS valor rank 75 Jugg.

Rivals are so much fun it will be missed.

Lrdprimus

Kinwrath Spider

Unsub your account or get over it.

It does. A lot of light servers where better players are forced to fight premade because of population imbalance queuing as group on the high pop side is not an option.

A lot of good/hardcore pvper in this game are used to premade matching so theres no premade vs pug type of noobcrap as seen in SWTOR. Some i know stopped playing as GW2 is about to come out, some went back to wow for more balanced PvP some still play GW.

Xshard queuing can save many light servers (which is the majority of the servers btw) which makes perfect sense unless you are among the "no premade no pvp" carebears.

its not only the light servers that will be revived that way.

its also the "bigger servers". on bloodworthy (EUs biggest PvP server) i haven't seen more then 1 WZ up at the same time during day or more then 3 WZs up during peak times on republic side in a long time now.

its not anymore about who is better or who got better gear. its only about who has 5 and who has 8 man in his group nowadays.

Edited by Hiro

Dunno about what OP is mumbling about but playing with the same people every single time is just boring and extremely painful to progress if they are of the same class.

Do you think it's fun to see my team full with consulars or jedi knights or whatever and miss out on usefull buffs? Worse yet is if all of them are dps or could guard but are dps, same if they could heal but are dps. In my case I'm not even joking that I'm one of the few on my server who actually heals well(scoundrel) and guards(vanguard) well enough that we're actually being somewhat competive against the imps or with gods grace even win.

The only way to somewhat combat this problem is queing up with guildies who also feel like pvping but otherwise I'm on my way pugging.

The novelty of having rivals wears off incredibly fast when you MUST work together with the same group of people(hopefully not bads but even then with alot of the same classes thats already a problem). Seeing that same particular BH in what full BM or their bloodpact guild just makes me cringe knowing that the chance to win already drops by like 90%.

There's only so much I can heal or guard to make a difference, but if my enemy team my so called rivals outgear us where is the fun? Going out of my way to farm medals when things are going badly especially when I'm healing isn't exactly great. Good god thats being solved with the patch. Even if its hilarious to see myself do as much healing as the top dps and do half his/her in damage as well makes me just wonder are these people even trying?

The post I responded to was talking about something completely different that what you are talking about. Are you sure you responded to the right post?

The post I responded to was talking about something completely different that what you are talking about. Are you sure you responded to the right post?

You responded with "that makes no sense at all" to a post saying Xshard queuing is a way to revive the majority of the light servers. I responded to your post saying xshard queue saving pvp queues doesnt make sense when it indeed does make perfect sense.

Again the only population will be against xshard queue will be those guilds that almost always queue as premade so they win most of the time since they are up against pugs most of the time.

Xshard queuing will also more than likely shorten the queue wait time significantly as well as match premades vs premades.

I look forward to xrealm because of daytime queing. But I will be honest and say you are correct. Rivals in vanilla WoW were the best! Not only individiual, but guild versus guild premades -- best alliance versus best horde. And bragging rights later.

You responded with "that makes no sense at all" to a post saying Xshard queuing is a way to revive the majority of the light servers. I responded to your post saying xshard queue saving pvp queues doesnt make sense when it indeed does make perfect sense.

Again the only population will be against xshard queue will be those guilds that almost always queue as premade so they win most of the time since they are up against pugs most of the time.

Xshard queuing will also more than likely shorten the queue wait time significantly as well as match premades vs premades.

No, I responded to a post that claimed xserver queuing was the only way to save rivalries. Which I contend makes zero sense given that I might see any given person once or twice a week at best in an xserver model where I may play with/against them 2 or 3 times an hour in the current model.

Disclaimer: I'm on a low pop PvE server so I expect longer queue times.

so for daily queues to be 5 min queues, I'd die due to shock. 30 min queues, I'd be in heaven. 1 hour queues I'd still be OK with it.

Nope, on my server it's usually 1 week before people queue for warzones (and then it's sometimes 5 min, 10 min, 30 min really depends on if we can coax the imps into queuing as well). Anything to make more warzones would be great. I don't feel like rolling another server as I don't see a point behind it.

I understand how some people who have a plethora of warzones would see this as an inconvenience.

X-Server warzones would be a band-aid to help people on low-pop servers like mine. Addressing the issue of population should be the main problem though.