Is Revan overrated?

Tekkoclarky

He was called Mandalore the ULTIMATE for a reason friend. So yea, it mattered, alot. The Mandalorians revered him highly afterwards.

Name one bug accomplishment of his.. I dare you.

In-game characters saying things about him doesn't count.

Vader fought Boba Fett, One of the greatest Manadalores of all time, A guy that crawled out of the Saarlac's stomach.. trice.

The fact that Revan could inspire such Jedi into what were really his own personal disciples IS also significant. Anakin was never able to do that as a Jedi.

They went with him against their own will.

Revan also never got his *** handed to him by a Jedi like Vader, by Obi Wan, who was also still technically his master no less.

Obi-Wan was the greatest Soresu user of all time. Tbh he also lucked out, If you go watch the duel you'll see that Anakin is always the one pushing Obi to run away from him, he was leading that duel. Obi-Wan won because of Anakin's clouded judgement.

Anakin became even more powerful post-mustafar, He was crippled in a metal suit. Yet still he could defeat jedi MASTERS at once even tho he got ambushed by them.

I can go on, but I see now this debate will never end. I'm not saying he's the best ANYTHING ever, just that he deserves SOME cred.

You can't go on, Nothing more to say. Revan deserves credit for Ro2, If it weren't for that Palps never would've taken over the galaxy. But Revan never accomplished anything great as a Jedi, He only cleaned up his own mess.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was called Mandalore the ULTIMATE for a reason friend. So yea, it mattered, alot. The Mandalorians revered him highly afterwards.

The fact that Revan could inspire such Jedi into what were really his own personal disciples IS also significant. Anakin was never able to do that as a Jedi.

Revan also never got his *** handed to him by a Jedi like Vader, by Obi Wan, who was also still technically his master no less.

I can go on, but I see now this debate will never end. I'm not saying he's the best ANYTHING ever, just that he deserves SOME cred.

Anakin didn't need to....

And what impressive feats did Mando the Ultimate have? Since all you say is that he is called Ultimate for a reason.

His a** handed to him? Obi-wan was the greatest user of Soresu and one of the greatest duelists of all time. Vader was fighting Jedi in their prime and he went into their temple and slaughtered them. And Obi-wan did not easily get rid of Vader. They were near equals if not equals.

Revan as a Sith got dominated in battle by what 4 or 5 Jedi on his ship?

Wait, what? :rolleyes: I thought that he was actually having the upper hand in that confrontation. It was just that Malak decided to use the situation to his own benefit and thus betrayed Revan. If it were not for Malak, Revan would have probably wiped out jedi strike team led by Basila. Can't be sure though and I may be wrong about him having the upper hand so...

Edited by Deviss

Wait, what? :rolleyes: I thought that he was actually having the upper hand in that confrontation. It was just that Malak decided to use the situation to his own benefit and thus betrayed Revan. If it were not for Malak, Revan would have probably wipe out jedi strike team led by Basila. Can't be sure though and I may be wrong about him having the upper hand so...

You ignored the rest of my post...

Since all of them were still alive and Bastila was a padawan I think its safe to say he didn't have the upper hand.

And the Bastila padawan thing, if you replay KOTOR the masters call her a padawan numerous times when your on Dantooine.

You can't go on, Nothing more to say. Revan deserves credit for Ro2, If it weren't for that Palps never would've taken over the galaxy. But Revan never accomplished anything great as a Jedi, He only cleaned up his own mess.

You can't even quote properly. So I'm not going to take your very debatable, half points seriously.

I stand by everything I said. If that makes me a 'fanboy', so be it.

Revan was empowered by and defeated by the most powerful force in the known universe.

The player character.

As it stands, no hero in Star Wars has ever manage to best this implacable foe.

While Revan was the player character he ruled the galaxy, when faced with the player character he was defeated.

Vader as the player character tore apart Kashyyk single handed, only to be bested by his apprentice now fueled by the same unstoppable force.

The player character has even had the ability to order the Emperor around.

Indeed, the only thing in the Star Wars galaxy able to match a player character, is another player character.

And what impressive feats did Mando the Ultimate have? Since all you say is that he is called Ultimate for a reason.

His a** handed to him? Obi-wan was the greatest user of Soresu and one of the greatest duelists of all time. Vader was fighting Jedi in their prime and he went into their temple and slaughtered them. And Obi-wan did not easily get rid of Vader. They were near equals if not equals.

Maybe Anakin didn't need to, BUT (and there's always a big but) this doesn't change the fact that that's advantage Revan.

If I'm not mistaken, back then, to become MTU, you had to be the strongest, smartest, most prominent Mandalorian in the galaxy, so yea.

Obi Wan was a skilled Jedi Master yes, but his skills as you phrase them are debatable. If he became Grand Master, I'd cede that point to you, but he never managed that.

*** handed to him, at least to me, is getting both your legs severed in your 1st REAL battle as a Sith, Sith Lord no less. You also unfairly characterize Revan's loss on his ship. You know good & well Malak's ship's fire defeated him, not the Shan task force. If you remember the cut scene, he was ready & willing to take them all on.

what you said is all true.. but i fail to see how is revan not a great character at all.

Pretty much like vader. Who didnt even clean up his mess, he in the end just trow the Emperor into the reactor core. my point is you are making it so that people shouldnt like revan at all and should like the exile instead because what she prevented and because what she did, its only valid if you like the exile as character. What you fail to realize that all that is irrelevant people will like a character taht is the center of a good story kotor 2 didnt had a good story or was unfinished . Revan is like vader a trágic hero. with all his power and being an legend ,and a great general he still falls to the dark side, he still is not perfect he is still so much familiar with all humanity and its faults. In the end that is what makes revan great as character as well vader. The redemption. the exile dint had any of that. imo the exile (canon) was the perfect jedi, the perfect good hero, she did everything as it was expected of a good jedi, she just let krei teach her just because there is so manny plot holes in kotor 2. there is no suprise there. As much i like kotor 2 and the exile the game was unfinished and it sucked because of it. You can say had a much more darker atmosphere yes it did , it was good about that, but in the end no épic feeling no sense of acomplishment. This as a game, as a character what Bioware did to Revan pales in comparison what they did to the exile. Just a loyal servent, the good general that Revan had, that still helps him after her death.

In the end you can say that revan need her alot, but you can also say that with out revan surik was nothing as well.

well It is diferent Revan was brainwashed by the emperor trough his power, revan and malak a like, just like the elite personal guard of the emperor were. he coulndt turn to the light just like that. vader chose to join Sidious on his will too wich make him a bigger monster btw. And on the redemption part... comom you cant be that blunt... you didnt think that his son luke hadnt nothing to do with his redemption at all? He didnt do it alone you know. Revan didnt do it alone as well so. In the end he folow his nature wich it was and always had been the light side.

LMAO, Brandon do you think I should even dignify this with an answer? Spartanik, half of what you stated is subjective and the other half is wrong.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Maybe Anakin didn't need to, BUT (and there's always a big but) this doesn't change the fact that that's advantage Revan.

If I'm not mistaken, back then, to become MTU, you had to be the strongest, smartest, most prominent Mandalorian in the galaxy, so yea.

Obi Wan was a skilled Jedi Master yes, but his skills as you phrase them are debatable. If he became Grand Master, I'd cede that point to you, but he never managed that.

*** handed to him, at least to me, is getting both your legs severed in your 1st REAL battle as a Sith, Sith Lord no less. You also unfairly characterize Revan's loss on his ship. You know good & well Malak's ship's fire defeated him, not the Shan task force. If you remember the cut scene, he was ready & willing to take them all on.

Smartest? No. Mando the Ultimate was in question by other Mando clans because of some of his actions during the war.

The reaosn he didn't become Grand Master was because of Yoda. Who is canonically the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke. And I should point the Jedi ranking doesn't work like Sith and Mando's. The strongest doesn't become the leader. Yoda was strong, wise and, 800 years old before becoming GM.

1st real battle? He beat Cin Drallig while choking another Jedi Knight. He defeated Shaak Ti in duel. Also, he was in his prime post-mustafar.

You got me on the Malak scene, I can't defend it really. But lets go back to you saying he nearly broke the Republic and was a skilled strategist. How the hell did a small task force led by a Padawan breach his flag ship and get into the bridge?

I've been wanting to state this for awhile now, so I will:

What exactly makes Revan so super powerful?

He defeated Mandalore The Ultimate, not so hard when you have Jedi Knight level force abilities and a lightsaber.

He defeated Malak his own apprentice, that apprentice that Revan had beaten over and over throughout their lives, and yes Malak was enhanced by the Star Forge, and so was Revan by Bastila's battle meditation, simple.

The next part will contain heavy spoilers of the Revan novel.

He managed to deflect Nyriss' lightning right back at her, killing her, I imagine if he actually faced her one-on-one he would not win, otherwise you are suggesting Revan is more powerful and more skilled than both Scourge and Surik combined, which is a fallacy.

Then we get to the Emperor, he got absolutely destroyed facing him, in-fact Surik was the only one who had a chance of killing him, not Revan.

All powerful indeed. :rolleyes:

Now here is the only truly impressive thing he has done in my eyes, he found balance in the force, and achieved a small sense of oneness, the Emperor still knocked him out, and he had to be saved by Surik.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

He defeated Mandalore The Ultimate, not so hard when you have Jedi Knight level force abilities and a lightsaber.

He defeated Malak his own apprentice, that apprentice that Revan had beaten over and over throughout their lives, and yes Malak was enhanced by the Star Forge, and so was Revan by Bastila's battle meditation, simple.

He managed to deflect Nyriss' lightning right back at her, killing her, I imagine if he actually faced her one-on-one he would not win, otherwise you are suggesting Revan is more powerful and more skilled than both Scourge and Surik combined, which is a fallacy.

Then we get to the Emperor, he got absolutely destroyed facing him, in-fact Surik was the only one who had a chance of killing him, not Revan.

Now here is the only truly impressive thing he has done in my eyes, he found balance in the force, and achieved a small sense of oneness, the Emperor still knocked him out, and he had to be saved by Surik.

This. this. THIS!.

This. this. THIS!.

In my opinion, he is just the poster boy of the era, nothing more, he got his fame for leading the Republic in the Mandalorian Wars, became infamous for becoming a Sith Lord, then gained more fame for defeating Malak.

When you actually look beyond the fame and the 'charisma' he isn't really all that, he had help in every major battle he fought in.

Without his allies, he'd be nothing.

He is like that old star that lives off of their fame, but never really achieves anything.

And as my very first point was, he is exactly like Vader in that respect, without his allies and then without his puppet master, he is nothing, big difference is, Vader was still the Chosen One throughout all of that, Revan was nothing.

Smartest? No. Mando the Ultimate was in question by other Mando clans because of some of his actions during the war.

The reaosn he didn't become Grand Master was because of Yoda. Who is canonically the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke. And I should point the Jedi ranking doesn't work like Sith and Mando's. The strongest doesn't become the leader. Yoda was strong, wise and, 800 years old before becoming GM.

1st real battle? He beat Cin Drallig while choking another Jedi Knight. He defeated Shaak Ti in duel. Also, he was in his prime post-mustafar.

You got me on the Malak scene, I can't defend it really. But lets go back to you saying he nearly broke the Republic and was a skilled strategist. How the hell did a small task force led by a Padawan breach his flag ship and get into the bridge?

I'll say agree to disagree or fair enough to your 1st 3 points. I can only say to your 4th, that Shan (like Obi Wan when he fought/killed Maul) was a Knight in everything but name when she did. Her fellow Jedi must have been nearly as strong. I assume Revan tasked a couple elite Imperial regiments to defend his ship. Maybe some Dark Jedi/Sith Acolytes to defend his bridge & its proximity. I guess he assumed that that would be enough. I doubt there were any Sith Lords Shan & co. had to face. So, not that surprising they broke through like they did. I suppose Revan should have sensed her & the coming threat before they boarded tho. I'll give you that.

1. We who like Revan aint exactly saying he's 'all powerful'. Just that at very least, he deserved SOME credit, an honorable mention or something. I don't understand this irrational Revan hate. You can't even give em THAT?

He is said to have mastered both light & dark. While debatable, def. worth noting.

2. You conveniently leave out that when Revan beat Malak, he was Dark Lord of the Sith. So YES, an impressive feat for the former, prominent, powerful Jedi Knight, turned Dark Lord, turned redeemed Jedi Knight.

3. Of course he lost to the Sith Emperor, HE WAS THE SITH EMPEROR. THE DARKEST DARK LORD. The Jedi Grand Master likely would have lost too.

1. We who like Revan aint exactly saying he's 'all powerful'. Just that at very least, he deserved SOME credit, an honorable mention or something. I don't understand this irrational Revan hate. You can't even give em THAT?

He is said to have mastered both light & dark. While debatable, def. worth noting.

2. You conveniently leave out that when Revan beat Malak, he was Dark Lord of the Sith. So YES, an impressive feat for the former, prominent, powerful Jedi Knight, turned Dark Lord, turned redeemed Jedi Knight.

3. Of course he lost to the Sith Emperor, HE WAS THE SITH EMPEROR. THE DARKEST DARK LORD. The Jedi Grand Master likely would have lost too.

1. No such thing as mastery of both light & dark.. because there is no light.. there is only the force and then the "cancer" that is the dark side.

2. He got redemeed because he got mindwiped, Vader did it all of his own will.

3. Exactly, Revan was just a normal jedi that went crazy after 300 years of torture. No DBZ god like palpatine or luke, Not that you compared him to them but some tend to do it :p

Things Revan deserves credit for..

~ Rule of Two

~ Knocking up Bastila

Edited by _Zorth_

1.Many of your other Revanites would disagree, and yes he deserves credit, just nowhere near the amount some give him, again, without his allies, he is nothing.

He never mastered both the light and the dark, canonical source? he had simply used one after the other, never did he master either, Surik mastered the light, Revan found balance.

2.Malak was Dark Lord of a fake Sith Empire which was merely the vanguard of the real one, he never even defeated Revan in combat, he shot at his bridge, that's it.

3.My point being, Emperor Vitiate and Darth Nyriss were the first truly impressive opponents he had faced, they were the first big fish, if you will and he lost very badly, he is nowhere near the power level some claim he is at.

I like Revan, he is probably one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars. I just find the character interesting. He has an interesting view of the force, he's not entirely sane, and he built HK-47 (who is my favorite character... meatbag).

The thing I never understood was why people were so upset that Revan was a mid 30s flashpoint boss. It actually makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Level cap in KotOR was 20, So when he and Malak first fought the Emperor (level 50) they both lost badly. Especially since the Emperor probably resisted all their attacks.

In KotOR II it was 30. Presumably that was his level when he fought the emperor a second time with meetra and scourge and T3. four level 30s, but still not good enough. Especially without a healer. Scourge and T3 are tanks, and meetra and Revan are arguably DPS. They may have won if they'd brought a healer and used more interrupts (and been properly geared).

If Revan had had the patience to level up to the cap, he could have taken the emperor himself (as long as he remembered to properly gear his companion as well). Although, he never would have made it to the emperor, since he is obviously a sage, and the mission to take down the emperor is a knight class quest. He wouldn't have been able to enter the instance. :confused:

Actually, the level cap in K2 was 50, it was just impossible to reach without glitching/ cheating :p

We do know Revan is defeated, but we don't know if he is killed.

We do know however that Revan's plan of genocide will go through as this current empire is the last we see of pure blood sith. Considering the empire promotes pure blood reproduction it's pretty easy to assume that they don't vanish due to cross breeding.

If BW were to complete the star wars history Revan should be the one to kill off the sith race and foretell the prophecy of anikan who would bring balance to the force after the emperor's perversion of the force. In effect he would single handely be the destroyer of both sith and Jedi.

We do know Revan is defeated, but we don't know if he is killed.

We do know however that Revan's plan of genocide will go through as this current empire is the last we see of pure blood sith. Considering the empire promotes pure blood reproduction it's pretty easy to assume that they don't vanish due to cross breeding.

If BW were to complete the star wars history Revan should be the one to kill off the sith race and foretell the prophecy of anikan who would bring balance to the force after the emperor's perversion of the force. In effect he would single handely be the destroyer of both sith and Jedi.

Wrong, the Lost Tribe has plenty of Pureblood Sith.

Also, Revan has had his place in canon, it's time to let the characters of TOR have their place, not overshadow ANOTHER game with Revan praise.

Wrong, the Lost Tribe has plenty of Pureblood Sith.

Also, Revan has had his place in canon, it's time to let the characters of TOR have their place, not overshadow ANOTHER game with Revan praise.

No one ever stays dead in SW... sadly.

So now their just calling Characters Immortal instead of having to go through the resurrection progress.

Why yes he is...

Oh but he was me in a video game and I one shotted everything with a lightsaber (oh wait, he didn't, any sense in that?).

It's time for this *** of a wanna be great one brought back down to earth, he was never great, he was never one of the best, he got his *** beat by a bunch of random lvl 35s, if not lower.

Vader would beat his ***, Obi wan would as well, even in ep 4 when he is grey and old, it's a known fact, that revan is a age old useless tool.

Oh look, another pointless excuse to complain, and troll...:mad:

Oh look, another pointless excuse to complain, and troll...:mad:

It's understandable that people get aggravated by Revanites claiming he mastered everything and is the most powerful ever, when no canonical source states so.

Also, I'd remove the 'troll' part, that is banned on the forums.

It's understandable that people get aggravated by Revanites claiming he mastered everything and is the most powerful ever, when no canonical source states so.

Also, I'd remove the 'troll' part, that is banned on the forums.

Since when? And why did you quote me? I never said anything about revan in their.

Edited by Cordarn