How much accuracy should one have for PvP? (DPS)

The_Beastwood

Accuracy is good of course but it comes at a cost of Surge.

On my Pyrotech Powertech one of my main damage dealers needs accuracy so it actualy still has a good chance of hitting, however since I can still deal a good amount of damage from tech I am sitting at about 96% accuracy. I still of course bash my hand on my keyboard in anger when ever I miss which ends up costing me a fight, wishing I had more accuracy. I am rather fond of my 73.41% crit multipler though.

Is this even worse for classes that mainly have ranged or melee attacks? You could easily get over 105% accuracy but then your surge goes down and lose potential DPS. Not all classes have a the ability to deal high DPS without range/melee.

Put it this way, Power/Accuracy on a Guardian/Jugg is pure win. Seeing as every % over 100 mitigates armor. I have 112% accuracy on force abilities and my Force sweep hits like a train because of it.

Its anything but useless.

Put it this way, Power/Accuracy on a Guardian/Jugg is pure win. Seeing as every % over 100 mitigates armor. I have 112% accuracy on force abilities and my Force sweep hits like a train because of it.

It doesn't mitigate armor at all. Read the tooltip. It mitigates defense, and the amount you would need for that mitigation to matter is better spent elsewhere.

I used to sit on 102% accuracy in my BM gear. After i changed out all that ***** for the champenchancements for power/surge, my overall DpS has gone up drastically. But of course most of my attacks are tech. I dont however see any justification saccing 10% surge and 10% power for increasing your chance to hit from 90% to 100% for maybe max 1/3 of your attacks.

It doesn't mitigate armor at all. Read the tooltip. It mitigates defense, and the amount you would need for that mitigation to matter is better spent elsewhere.

Disagree, Ive gone through all stat combos to try and get the most out of my Sweep/Smash and power/Acc is the clear winner, by a country mile.

My force sweep mitigates 12% of an opponents defence then, so anything with less than that is going to hurt a lot. Its useful, more useful than some people seem to believe.

Accuracy doesn't negate armor at all, and if base accuracy is 90% then you have a base ranged hit chance of 85% factoring in the 5% everyone has. A little more is useful.

And what stat is always better than accuracy? Surge? Surge is absolute garbage when I have 73% because it starts to give nothing.

It is either Surge or Acccuracy there is nothing else as Critical is agaisnt Power.

Disagree, Ive gone through all stat combos to try and get the most out of my Sweep/Smash and power/Acc is the clear winner, by a country mile.

My force sweep mitigates 12% of an opponents defence then, so anything with less than that is going to hurt a lot. Its useful, more useful than some people seem to believe.

No, it's not. I've tried both and it's miles behind in DPS. Except for tanks no one has defense anyway.

Accuracy doesn't negate armor at all, and if base accuracy is 90% then you have a base ranged hit chance of 85% factoring in the 5% everyone has. A little more is useful.

And what stat is always better than accuracy? Surge? Surge is absolute garbage when I have 73% because it starts to give nothing.

It is either Surge or Acccuracy there is nothing else as Critical is agaisnt Power.

Base accuracy is 90% on NORMAL attacks. It's 100% on Special attacks

That's taken into affect after you Accuracy-target defense, which for most people is only 5% 10% for light armor.

This. I'm also a Sentinel/Marauder so accuracy is actually important to me. My surge is around 71-73% depending on what Im trying out

Special attacks are anything that isn' the basic spam attack.

But then why is there accuracy then? Surely it must do more than give an affect on the basic attack?

I notice my Railshots fail to hit a lot more often than my tech attacks. Also when they seem to miss more agaisnt things in cover when again my tech attacks don't.