Economy is ruined

daMarek

I usually post on the low side and get decent sales. Undercutting will always happen but not by the masses like since yesterday. The sheer amount of mats on the gtn is just frightening

The fact that people still play this game is even more frightening!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices are going up for items across the board, because people are stupid enough to pay those prices so people are greedy enough to demand those prices.

an example is setting a levle 15 slotted item for 1million credts..........seriously?

BIOWARE set a price cap.

Level 15 items should not be going for 1million credits.

As long as game companies allow pricing like that for something that isn't even REAL people will do this.

I bet it was a moddable belt or bracers and i bet you dont know the upsides of moddable belt or bracers :rolleyes:

If no one is buying the low prices then who is going to buy the higher prices?

Exactly this is the problem. And I dont have the cash to stockpile them for better times if I wanna buy from the temp vendors. That's what everyone is thinking.

It's like a fire sale out there except nobody's buying.

On my server, there is often only 1 or 2 listings of any type of scavenging material. I am the only person that lists level 6 items and I charge whatever I want. Unfortunately if I want to make stuff for my alts, I have to go get it myself or send my companions out.

So ONE day you don't sell anything and the economy is "ruined" ? Sheesh. I both buy and sell mats on the GTN and sometimes its just NUTS...if I can send 2 companions on gathering missions and get for 2000c what you are charging 50,000c for why would I buy them from the GTN ? If I can run around somewhere for 20 min and gather for FREE what you want 50,000c for again why would I buy ?

So ONE day you don't sell anything and the economy is "ruined" ? Sheesh. I both buy and sell mats on the GTN and sometimes its just NUTS...if I can send 2 companions on gathering missions and get for 2000c what you are charging 50,000c for why would I buy them from the GTN ? If I can run around somewhere for 20 min and gather for FREE what you want 50,000c for again why would I buy ?

Point is market is flooded with everything on the cheap. Everyone is trying to make money quick before next weeks patch. Just like me :jawa_angel:

But nobody is buying anything. Market is dead. Full but dead

Can't sell your mats due to competitive pricing = economy is ruined?

To me that sounds like a thriving market. You don't control prices buddy, nor do you get to dictate what they should be.

Edited by TheBBP

Point is market is flooded with everything on the cheap. Everyone is trying to make money quick before next weeks patch. Just like me :jawa_angel:

You said this happened over night. It is still morning server time. How could you possibly say that people aren't or won't buy?

The other side of it could possibly be that since it's so easy to level to 50 and max a profession, many have alts to farm and craft for their characters, thus the GTN isn't needed and only used to try and make a bigger profit then vendoring excess materials.

I think mats economy might always be difficult long term in this game... If I was a gold farmer I'd probably find it the easiest way to make some cash while farming whatever.

All you need is a freeware tool to record mouse clicks and you can automate the whole gathering process for days without you being there at all... which is kinda lame and long term, well... will be great for us lazy peeps wanting to buy cheap stacks of mats.

I imagine that's whats happening with some of the other complains I've read about... about low levels standing in front of high level chests and looting them all the time... just a bot going through the clicks, and the game even auto loots for you on click, sigh.

Edited by Strangefate

I bet it was a moddable belt or bracers and i bet you dont know the upsides of moddable belt or bracers :rolleyes:

I can understand the upside. Doesn't mean it isn't absurd.

Open Market = Economy only encourages greed and credit farmers.

Point is, those things are put up for anything but cheap. A miniature stack of 5-10 mats for 10k? I get that amount for 2k from my companion, twice the amount and some extra on a crit. Finding a single blue Underworld Trading gem on the market place for less than 2k feels like having a GTN Crit, while my companion brings them in in stacks for that price.

There's ofcourse also the thing that more and more people are hitting 50, and are able to get any mats they require in about 30 minutes themselves, making their own stacks filling their cargobays. Guilds are settling, so people trade more and more within their own guild, sharing both resources and schematics. And you haven't even seen the implementation of guildbanks. I just know many guilds are going to need multiple tabs just for all the crafting mats donated.

Something has changed, for me anyway. I'm a slicer and all the lvl 340 crafting missions I put up on the GTN , up until a day or two ago, sold out in a day at 25K per pop, and now, not one sold at that price. I dropped them to 20K and the more popular ones (usually bioanlysis or treasure hunting) sell in a slow trickle.

This could mean that there are a lot more slicers hitting 400 and flooding the market, people are starting to save in prep for the new item vendors, or people have given up on crafting until 1.2, or something else entirely.

The blue and purple augments still sell well though, green augments are vendor trash at this point, though.

Edited by Destronicus

It's because it's the start of the weekend. In every game I've engaged in mmo economics, prices for most things(especially crafting mats) tank on the weekend. Supply increases drastically. Demand does to a lesser extent, but the prices don't have time to adjust back up. The 2 day auction limit means that the massive glut of stuff on the GTN from the weekend warriors is gone around tuesday, allowing prices to move back up for wednesday/thursday.

Weekends are for moving ALOT of common stuff at low profit, or extremely rare stuff at very high profits. If you want to make higher profits off of common stuff, put it on the GTN around wednesday.

It's because it's the start of the weekend. In every game I've engaged in mmo economics, prices for most things(especially crafting mats) tank on the weekend. Supply increases drastically. Demand does to a lesser extent, but the prices don't have time to adjust back up. The 2 day auction limit means that the massive glut of stuff on the GTN from the weekend warriors is gone around tuesday, allowing prices to move back up for wednesday/thursday.

Weekends are for moving ALOT of common stuff at low profit, or extremely rare stuff at very high profits. If you want to make higher profits off of common stuff, put it on the GTN around wednesday.

I see your point but I havent obseved this in this game yet. What I have observed is the influx of "How do I make a lot of money fast" threads since the news announcement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.