Economy is ruined

daMarek

So last night I log in, as usual post some excess mats on the GTN, feeling generous about the pricing too. This morning I log in to check my sales and guess what.... nothing. Not a single sale. So I run to the gtn kiosk and check the offers. Market is full of crafting mats. Really low prices too. Like ridiculously low. 99 stacks going for 10K that usually pull 50k.

Seems like after the big news, everyone is emptying their banks to make money for the fancy speeders and crystals. That plus people are saving so not buying anything.

Economy is officially dead, not only until 1.1.5 but weeks after that since everyone will blow all their credits to the temp vendors.

Rich exploiters will stay rich, average will get poor, poor will get poorer.

Edited by daMarek

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how having some materials on sale for a cheaper price than usual equates to a dead economy. Also, if it's due to people making some money in preparation for the new vendor, surely it's only temporary? Sounds like a buyers Market ATM to me. Edited by utio

Prices are going up for items across the board, because people are stupid enough to pay those prices so people are greedy enough to demand those prices.

an example is setting a levle 15 slotted item for 1million credts..........seriously?

BIOWARE set a price cap.

Level 15 items should not be going for 1million credits.

As long as game companies allow pricing like that for something that isn't even REAL people will do this.

I'm not sure how having some materials on sale for a cheaper price than usual equates to a dead economy. Also, if it's due to people making some money in preparation for the new vendor, surely it's only temporary? Sounds like a buyers Market ATM to me.

But nobody is buying

Prices are going up for items across the board, because people are stupid enough to pay those prices so people are greedy enough to demand those prices.

an example is setting a levle 15 slotted item for 1million credts..........seriously?

BIOWARE set a price cap.

As long as game companies allow pricing like that for something that isn't even REAL people will do this.

I think prices are, in general a bit more than they should be, but if people pay them then I guess they're about right. The ridiculous amounts some people are charging for some items will always happen. Hopefully people will just not buy them.

BIOWARE set a price cap.

Supply and demand. Something is worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it.

That's just how it should be.

People will always need mats, try undercutting the competition and see what results you get.

I usually post on the low side and get decent sales. Undercutting will always happen but not by the masses like since yesterday. The sheer amount of mats on the gtn is just frightening

I rarely buy anything from the Global Market. And the only crafting profession I think is useful is Biochem. Slicing was really good until they nerfed it. Overall, I am disappointed in the crafting in TOR. If you do heroics, Flashpoints and even dailies, you can get stuff that is better than what is offered on the GM anyway.

This sounds like normal economy behaviour to me, its like this why by an apple ipad 1 when in 2 weeks the Ipad 2 is coming out....better to save your money and get the ipad 2 then by the old ipad 1.

Jus an analogy but i think it fits. Things will pick up they always do, then they'll drop again, then pick up.....welcome to economies everywhere including real life.

So last night I log in, as usual post some excess mats on the GTN, feeling generous about the pricing too. This morning I log in to check my sales and guess what.... nothing. Not a single sale. So I run to the gtn kiosk and check the offers. Market is full of crafting mats. Really low prices too. Like ridiculously low. 99 stacks going for 10K that usually pull 50k.

Seems like after the big news, everyone is emptying their banks to make money for the fancy speeders and crystals. That plus people are saving so not buying anything.

Economy is officially dead, not only until 1.1.5 but weeks after that since everyone will blow all their credits to the temp vendors.

any crafter that has their crafting levels at a low level could take advantage of this moment. while prices are low, now is the time to get them levels up, forget the speeders and crystals use this time to your advantage, and get the special items like speeders and crystals next time they come around

Edited by grandmthethird

BIOWARE set a price cap.

I've sold a few items for 1.5 million. Usually orange robes no one can find.

Really?I put 15 inplants up for sale and sold all in 1 day.Also depends on the mats.Someone was selling 99 rublats for 25 k.lol I went and farmed 99 in less than 3/4 of a hour for my own use.Doesn't include the stacks of Lost Frags and other crystals I got in that time.If I see mats at a reasonable price I pick them up even if I don't need them at the time.The mats on the GTN are way over priced.Cheaper to just do missions for them or go get them.You didn't mention what you were selling.One thing is the economy is far from dead.

Sounds like you should have checked the prices prior to posting your wares. Also the gtn probably doesn't do very well on low pop servers.

Personally on my server (po5), mats tend to do fairly well. Mats that are used for the more sought after items do especially well(implants/earpieces w/augments).

When I cycled one of my characters through the professions I had a difficult time buying what I needed to level each one up. The low level stuff usually wasn't there. Starting as cybertech I cycled into armormech, artifice and finally into biochem. This was a few days ago. You claim prices are too cheap and mats are flooding the market. I only wish that were the case on my server.

The rich exploiter comment really does get to me. I haven't exploited anything and sit on a healthy reserve of credits. I shouldn't be labeled by someone who hasn't put the same amount of time into the game as I have because of it.

You want to make a good amount of credits fast? Get a useful profession and run ops to get good BoE schematics. Make those items and sell them. Want to make credits steadily? Run your dailies and sell the mods/enhaments that come with them.