Lfg will be a problem

zarnakrider

First off all i love lfg but it could be a problem in swtor. In wow a group have 5 players (3 dps 1 tank 1 healer) but in swtor 4 (1 tank 1 healer 2 dps). 3 dps players are waiting 10 mins for 1 tank and 1 healer and in swtor there will be 2 dps it means we'r gonna wait more than wow.

Yeah I thought that too...

Dual spec should help though, because in this game, traditionally dps classes can get the option to tank/heal.

For example, I'm basically a rogue that can heal (scoundrel).

There is no base class that can't at least tank, heal, or both, and only a couple advanced classes that are pure dps.

(Now if only they'd done something like GW2 by allowing all classes to perform all 3 roles, regardless of spec...)

Edited by Stenrik

Dual spec should help though, because in this game, traditionally dps classes can get the option to tank/heal.

There is no base class that can't at least tank, heal, or both, and only a couple advanced classes that are pure dps.

(Now if only they'd done something like GW2 by allowing all classes to perform all 3 roles, regardless of spec...)

Yeah great call.. lets make every class able to everything... lets really make the M in MMO dissapear proper like... ... no need to worry about heavy instancing and low pop servers then... just need to re-budget for new shiny web ads, adverts and box sets to clearly identify this is now only a single player online game .... doooh. So for all those who went out bought all the jazzy SWTOR headsets, mice, keyboards etc... aww it was only a joke honest you weren't supposed to really spend money on them... :rolleyes:

Better solution is to merge half the servers, introduce a local server LFG tool and ... wing it from there. ;)

Edited by Bloodstealer

Yeah great call.. lets make every class able to everything... lets really make the M in MMO dissapear proper like... ... no need to worry about heavy instancing and low pop servers then... just need to re-budget for new shiny web ads, adverts and box sets to clearly identify this is now only a single player online game .... doooh. So for all those who went out bought all the jazzy SWTOR headsets, mice, keyboards etc... aww it was only a joke honest you weren't supposed to really spend money on them... :rolleyes:

Better solutionm is to merge half the servers, in troduce a localise LFG tool and ... wing it from there.

The best MMOs had this feature. Skill based games instead of being trapped in a stupid class structure to begin with. The insane over use of classes is a product of things having to be "fair to everyone."

First off all i love lfg but it could be a problem in swtor. In wow a group have 5 players (3 dps 1 tank 1 healer) but in swtor 4 (1 tank 1 healer 2 dps). 3 dps players are waiting 10 mins for 1 tank and 1 healer and in swtor there will be 2 dps it means we'r gonna wait more than wow.

Im playing a tank and have not found a group since tuesday and then some sage ninjad my heavy armor.

This game has more ninjas and less group content that WoW ever had. And that sucks balls!

Better solution is to merge half the servers, introduce a local server LFG tool and ... wing it from there. ;)

I most definitely agree with you regarding server merges. They need to happen. Big servers with server-specific LFG are much better than ghost towns with cross-server functionality.

But how does having classes that can play multiple roles somehow make it a single player game? You'd still need a group of 4, 8, or 16 regardless of its composition, right? I personally believe that people are smart enough to learn how to play 2 different group roles well through speccing, and I think it makes the overall gameplay better. Why pigeon-hole?

The best MMOs had this feature. Skill based games instead of being trapped in a stupid class structure to begin with. The insane over use of classes is a product of things having to be "fair to everyone."

Really?

The best mmo's huh?

Anti-trinity people are funny.

Sents/Mara can't tank or heal (watchman spec has a heal dot but can't be a healer). That includes anything we get from the base class.

Edited by JerokTalram

Sents/Mara can't tank or heal (watchman spec has a heal dot but can't be a healer). That includes anything we get from the base class.

I said BASE class not advanced, meaning jedi knight in general. Gunslingers are the same in that they can only dps, too. And I meant the others can do at least 2 roles, not all 3. As far as I know, only troopers/bounty hunter base classes allow you the option of all 3 roles.

Edited by Stenrik

No. What he means is that the Warrior/Knight has a tank spec, you just need to choos Jug/Guardian instead. He is aware that Sent/Mara is pure dps....

I most definitely agree with you regarding server merges. They need to happen. Big servers with server-specific LFG are much better than ghost towns with cross-server functionality.

But how does having classes that can play multiple roles somehow make it a single player game? You'd still need a group of 4, 8, or 16 regardless of its composition, right? I personally believe that people are smart enough to learn how to play 2 different group roles well through speccing, and I think it makes the overall gameplay better. Why pigeon-hole?

Apologies got a bit tongue twisted in my post.. I am all for cross classing.. Im an age old DDO player where this is a keen attribute to any character I ever customised and I whole heartedly aggree with it being intoroduced in a balanced way such that it still means you still have to group up for certain things... but what I would not want is for a single class to have all those abilites.. ie be a super dps with awesome self heal.. multi classing should come with both pro's and cons.. loose out on summing but gain summing else.. so loose high end dps for moderate dps with moderate heals etc.

The only thing stopping alot of classes soloing most of the content in game currently is the cooldown requirements on heals/stims etc otherwise players would be perma healing and perma dmging... multi-classing if not balanced correctly can also provide such a plateform.. hence you may as well just take out MMO and replace with SPO... just my 2 cents worth... but like all new things before they can be evolved they have to be born... so hurry up and bring it in so we can at least draw opinions either way!

LFG for me is a bug bear, moreso at high lvls. Even tho as a guild we run together, our preference is to be a small guild who have a well establish platform in which to run and enjoy the game together but at the same time be able include others into PUGS .. afterall the majority of guilds, good guilds that it start off with a core of players that are familiar with one another either in RL or thro other games they have grped in and played.. then they expand by running other others in their grps and checking them out.... NOT THE DESPERADO "join our guild cos we isda bestest" Chat Spammers... guilds like that with 100's of players simply dont hold any substance for me personally.. especially in an MMO (i use that term loosely" like SWTOR where your grping numbers are quite limited... I just dont see a point... but that's another story for another day...

As far as LFG tools go this must of been a massive over sight for any game claiming to to be MMO with grp content / raiding... this is basic feature thats been around 6-7 yrs at least, otherwise expect players to flame the game when they are sitting around to do dailies, flashpoints, Hardmodes, PVP .. its kinda counter productive.. personally if I am waiting more than 5-10mins I switch off and go log into summing else.. eventually I would just cancel my sub and say bye... which seems to be a common theme on the forums at the moment, especially when you hit 50.

I like to take a bit of time to learn the mechanics, the builds, the game and story before I accelerate and push onwards so I am still enjoying all levels of the game, but I can understand how the hardcore community are starting to feel... time is the killer of all things... MMO's that promote waiting around for long perioids in what feels like an empty planet, fleet most of the time, even when there are 30-60 people online there... its simply cutting its own throat in the mid to long term if it isnt acknowleged and looked into.

I have read many threads asking why som instanced, why servers are so empty or feel lifeless, wheres the immersion... voice overs only last so long before your spacebar takes big hits... answer as far as i am concerned is in grping, even voice chat... it brings another element to the game... lets be honest here if you have played any MMO for a length of time you tend not to keep playing it just cos its a good game its often to do with who your playing it with.. that for me is another level of immersion when your able to talk about the game, run quests and compare tactics, builds and plain old common tongue banter.... thats why many gamers log back in...

NO LFG makes Bloodstealer a dull person ... guildies aside of course :D

Edited by Bloodstealer

I said BASE class not advanced, meaning jedi knight in general. Gunslingers are the same in that they can only dps, too. And I meant the others can do at least 2 roles, not all 3. As far as I know, only troopers/bounty hunter base classes allow you the option of all 3 roles.

Inquisitors can do all three.