Are arenas coming?

Tuckered

I don't remember Bioware ever using the word arena or phrase "small-scale deathmatch pvp". I guess I'd like to know up front if this is ever going to be implemented (and by ever i mean in the next couple months). WoW is calling me back after 6 years worth of subscriptions due to arenas alone, but I'll hold off if arenas are being developed.

I don't remember Bioware ever using the word arena or phrase "small-scale deathmatch pvp". I guess I'd like to know up front if this is ever going to be implemented (and by ever i mean in the next couple months). WoW is calling me back after 6 years worth of subscriptions due to arenas alone, but I'll hold off if arenas are being developed.

Please don't make Bioware think this game needs arena... -_-

Arena is fun. You don't have to do it. More options for different play styles isn't a bad thing.

Depends on how they're implemented, WoW's arenas you had to participate in to get the best gear. So yes, sometimes more options are a bad thing for others.

I would actually like to see some arenas aswell. Maybe add them as an alternative to the current warzone system( which i think is amazing in itself). Also dont make an "esport" out of it. Just allow to queue up with 2-3 people vs other 2-3 people in some random enviroment. Would be fun :D

what would be impressive is if they added dueling arenas' cross server and spectators could watch and bet on the fights.. that might be a bit beyond their abilities here though

Who would bet on a fight between random people?(Assuming they're random since it's cross server)

Arena is fun. You don't have to do it. More options for different play styles isn't a bad thing.

Arena systems introduce MASSIVE balancing issues, which then go on to effect every other area of the game. So it's not a question of "just don't do it if you don't like it," because my toon will be changed regardless of my personal preference.

I want fresh PvP content and progression, not more recycled, broken ideas from WoW.

Hopefully not, not interested in Arena myself, even rated Warzones ain't going to stop me from already being bored of the same 2 Warzones, I don't do many Hutts, need a good rotation of at least 6 maps and I didn't go Repub to kill other Repub, joined Repub to fight the Imps.

BW need to concentrate on the number one problem, Ilum, get that working or start over, improve performance issues and make it worthwhile to participate for hours, like Warhammer did.

Need to bring pride for being Republic or an Imp and a community into the game, not trade kills and leave after your daily is done.

Forts/Temple type capture objectives, good rewards, Warhammer had multiple warbands working together to get to raid the enemy city in the end, even though it wasn't done right and ultimately the game near enough died, people stayed for the duration, hours and created a great community on my server, Ironclaw, the best I have experienced in an mmo.

Secondly Warzone variety, however Warzones should be just for some pvp variety, open world objective based pvp like forts etc, the mainstay.

Need a variety of map sizes, participant numbers and objective types, that will tide people over until we have a working pvp lake.

Same faction WZ was not what I was after at all, sadly 1.2 hasn't brought me much hope at all for the game, even just acknowledging Ilum is a priority, will be fixed or redone and provide some plans will give people hope.

This is make or break, will see how seriously BW are with keeping and bringing back lost subs, especially the pvp side of it, once GW2 is out, if the pvp isn't up to scratch by then...

Edited by LillyWhiteS