Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

i was a healer in swg for 5 years so i know how it feels...

but what's the difference about getting marked vs people telling the whole group in ops chat to focus you?

i don't see the issue

^^^^^^

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I care all that much, but I agree with the OP. Silly that something like this is allowed. And the "if you don't like it reroll" attitude is derp. I guess all WZs should just be 8 dps going pew pew for 15 minutes.

i wonder what that would be like?

usually in my warzones, there's a minimum of 3 sorcs/sages on each team... lol

just today, my 2nd warzone win it was a group of 7 inquisitors and me (sniper) lol...

So basically what your saying only Vent guilds is allowed to have tactics?

The vent groups can call names, the only way for a pug to coordinate is to use those marks.

If anything they should give us auto marking, to help PuG's compete with vent.

Vent is an insanely unfair advantage and anything that lessen the advantage is a huge plus in my book.

Vent is Outside of the game icons are inside the game something they can controll.

I play Heals and a DPS when i play my heals sometime i get 2 or 3 focus me. THEN all of a SUDDEN i get 6 or all 8 on me so i know i am marked 2 or 3 is fun but when its the hole Team vs me = NO FUN and its BS when as soon as you REZ even behind walls they see you and BOOM like ANAKEN said they BLOW YOU UP.

Now when i am on DPS it is fun to look for and type out kill so and so the Good will. The bads wont but when there a ICON even a bad that should (as he said) L2play is a god. The dps like it the Healers don"t cos there is no chance you can NOT live with 6 lol'z i hit mark on you

At the very least the mark should clear on death.

Don't compare it to vent coordination. Beyond the fact that one is controllable and the other not, using vent to coordinate should give you an advantage. Plus one makes it that much easier to target. Calling a name in vent means you still have to find the player and select, or use assist on someone targeting the target.

FOR SURE i bet you do when you are on your DPS . let them focus you but let them do it from there own skill and not a mark lol ranged stun i win

I get massed targeted every WZ and I am not a healer but a sniper...

I dont QQ about it...

Man up

i was a healer in swg for 5 years so i know how it feels...

but what's the difference about getting marked vs people telling the whole group in ops chat to focus you?

i don't see the issue

Because people dont listen and they forget once the healer respawns. Granted probably more than half the pugs I end up with dont know what to do with a mark on a target either.

Edited by HelinCarnate

So essentially what you're asking is for people to stop attacking you as a healer? The smart players will kill you whether you have a mark on your head or not.

Until there are raid assist frames and target of target I completely disagree that marks should be removed. Even when we do get them it's still a stupid idea not to have them.

Granted, they are a little more GIGANTIC than they need to be if you have the option to scale on the horizon checked (or unchecked?) and that could be toned down a bit...

Edited by Quesadilla

I am not even spec'ed for healing but feel the second I start tossing out heals I am marked for death for the rest of the Warzone. I am just focused on the rest of it. I think it sucks personally. I would welcome it if they no longer allowed you to mark in Warzones. Edited by Gryphandor

They are 2nd on the list after healers. No one ever guards them so they die fast. Seeing that portable cover is its own little target marker.

why in the He11 would a class that cant even spot heal or guard be 2ed i don't belive that

They are 2nd on the list after healers. No one ever guards them so they die fast. Seeing that portable cover is its own little target marker.

ya, in case my avatar doesn't give it away... i'm a sniper...

i went from healer in swg to sniper in swtor and i still get targeted too...

just like you mentioned, we have our own little marker that's a dead giveaway but we deal with it...

maybe it's because i'm so used to playing against teams who have a minimum of 3 healers in each wz and i pug all the time... if it helps my team, i'm going to do it...

healers, tell your premade to protect you better if you're getting locked down...

ya, in case my avatar doesn't give it away... i'm a sniper...

i went from healer in swg to sniper in swtor and i still get targeted too...

just like you mentioned, we have our own little marker that's a dead giveaway but we deal with it...

maybe it's because i'm so used to playing against teams who have a minimum of 3 healers in each wz and i pug all the time... if it helps my team, i'm going to do it...

healers, tell your premade to protect you better if you're getting locked down...

Now you are qq about a mark that you personally put on yourself. That you can take off by getting out from behind cover. If you die it disappears. So you are making the point for maia that it needs to go . this mark does not disappear when you die, she has no control over putting it on or taking it off like you do cover. and can be seen los and is nowhere near the size of a mark.

So essentially what you're asking is for people to stop attacking you as a healer? The smart players will kill you whether you have a mark on your head or not.

Until there are raid assist frames and target of target I completely disagree that marks should be removed. Even when we do get them it's still a stupid idea not to have them.

Granted, they are a little more GIGANTIC than they need to be if you have the option to scale on the horizon checked (or unchecked?) and that could be toned down a bit...

PvP is not PvE there should be no marks no matter what it needs to go. Even in Rated Battleground in WoW they don't let you pull that with even Organized 10 people vent groups. Its called having to play the game in pvp not look for a mark on the guy. It needs to go away and make it more fair for not only Pug WF but when they get rated WF it will still be fair having to look for the player not the mark.

IF you cant take being marked, roll something other than a healer lol. You are going to get focused whether you are marked or not

DUDE i can stand the Focus from a few but then you wall out the doors say in the Void Star you are hit with 6 Ranged stuns even a 8 year old can ck on target.The others should L2play for themselves. Its not allowed in other GOOD pvp mmo's for a resion.

Are you seriously asking people to use even less teamwork? Before you know it, we're going to have people asking to not even be allowed to talk in Warzones for the unfair advantage it gives them.

Team work is Target of my Target ( that need to be put in) and if you need team work get a vent up. But i see you from behind LOS need's to go!

Edited by Maiajayde

Like i said earlier i Play both DPS and Heals toon's and ill tell you right now when you get a mark YOU don't live 10 seconds out of the gate. Its not the fact you get Focused as a healer its the fact you get 100% of the Focus 100% of the time. That's not team work its ck on this = win . It ends all the fun of playing heals.

Games are for fun right?

Edited by Misspriss

PvP is not PvE there should be no marks no matter what it needs to go. Even in Rated Battleground in WoW they don't let you pull that with even Organized 10 people vent groups. Its called having to play the game in pvp not look for a mark on the guy. It needs to go away and make it more fair for not only Pug WF but when they get rated WF it will still be fair having to look for the player not the mark.

And SWTOR is not WOW, if you like WOW so much, the door is ---> that way. There are a lot more first time MMO players in SWTOR than there are in WOW nowadays, and until there's a target of target and raid assist panels, there needs to be someway of teaching new players how to focus important people in warzones, beyond the stupid focus target system there is right now.

Edited by Quesadilla

DUDE i can stand the Focus from a few but then you wall out the doors say in the Void Star you are hit with 6 Ranged stuns even a 8 year old can ck on target.The others should L2play for themselves. Its not allowed in other GOOD pvp mmo's for a resion.

Hmmm 6 ranged stuns you might want to create a ticket!! Your resolve bar seems to not be working. Also tell them your force speed isn't working when your resolve bar is white!

Also tell them when you respawn you aren't being guarded, if you are it must be someone squishy! Obviously guard isn't working on you either. Your toon must be bugged!

And SWTOR is not WOW if you like WOW so much, the door is ---> that way. There are a lot more first time MMO players in SWTOR than there are in WOW nowadays, and until there's a target of target and raid assist panels, there needs to be someway of teaching new players how to focus important people in warzones, beyond the stupid focus target system there is right now.

Thats Right this isnt WoW. This is SW:ToR you are all clustered in a WF unlike wow where you spawn way over there and have to run across a BG you spawn on top a cluster you come out the door your dead. you come out door your dead you come out the door your dead. We don't even use mounts in WF so you can not even compare playing. That is why the healer spawn they have time to live and more than 1 Res spot as well you got to go find the healer.

But here to clustered for them to have marks on any player.