Guild Summit Begins Monday

AlysonBridge

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great quality! Nice job on the stream guys.

My main comment focuses on PvP, specifically rated warzones. I hope someone live can address this at the summit. So here's my 2 credits:

While I appreciate the desire to play rated warzones, and am personally looking forward to it, I see there also being a huge potential problem, specifically with how the tiered gear will work. If there is a system that allows for people in rated WZs to get gear that only people doing rated WZs, especially the higher rated people, then that has the potential to make more casual players to be little more than second class citizens.

Let's say for example you are in a small guild of 10 people. Over the course of the game you have managed to make it to rank 60 valor by grinding out warzones and Ilum, and have full Battlemaster gear. Now along comes rated warzones with its own tier of gear that is better than the BM gear. Will a new 50, in a PvP guild, in a short period of time be better geared than that solo player that took months to get to battlemaster? The solo player virtually overnight becomes a second class citizen.

For a system like this to work, you need to allow the person who wants to do WZs, but not necessarily get involved in rated WZs, to get the same gear, ableit have to work harder and longer to get it. For the rated player, you could give rewards along the lines of titles, mounts, and non-combat pets. You could also give perhaps a couple of pieces of gear such as weapon/offhand, and an armor piece. Gives them a little edge, but not obnoxiously so. To do otherwise would create a big disincentive to do any PvP for a significant portion of people that really don't care to do the rated WZs or are not in a highly rated/accomplished PvP guild.

Watched for a while yesterday.

Some good stuff there. Looking forward to them re-posting the vids so that I can see what I missed, and ultimately, of course, 1.2 going live.

Even asked a question. They didn't pick it to ask in the room, but with over 20K people viewing at times, and them only taking maybe 3 online questions, no real surprise.

Getting some solid info on the legacy system was nice, though, and I look forward to the crafting changes coming.

I spent all day listening to (and watching when I could) this amazing event while I was stuck at work. Not only did the core BioWare team listen to the community, they answered every question. But most importantly, they took lots and lots of notes on everything from issues people had with PvP to suggestions about enhancing PvP, role-play, story, and nearly every other major facet of the game.

To my knowledge no other gaming company has held an event where the gaming community actually got to sit down with the developers and give input and feedback about the game.

For all the naysayers and complainers out there that think BioWare is ignoring their customer base, this clearly shows that BW indeed has a deep desire to make sure that SWTOR is the best experience it can possibly be for players of all styles.

I for one am extremely pleased with how this event turned out and thank the BioWare team for taking an entire day out of their busy schedules to show us that they really do care.

May the Force guide and protect us all.

Edited by KonaiNobi

I spent all day listening to (and watching when I could) this amazing event while I was stuck at work. Not only did the core BioWare team listen to the community, they answered every question. But most importantly, they took lots and lots of notes on everything from issues people had with PvP to suggestions about enhancing PvP, role-play, story, and nearly every other major facet of the game.

To my knowledge no other gaming company has held an event where the gaming community actually got to sit down with the developers and give input and feedback about the game.

For all the naysayers and complainers out there that think BioWare is ignoring their customer base, this clearly shows that BW indeed has a deep desire to make sure that SWTOR is the best experience it can possibly be for players of all styles.

I for one am extremely pleased with how this event turned out and thank the BioWare team for taking an entire day out of their busy schedules to show us that they really do care.

Seriously so them ignoring us during beta or total of 7 months since the beginning of beta makes this bs summit alright. fanboi's are always happy about pr stuff. No community interaction what soever since beta or the game comes out but alright they took notes...:rolleyes:

I was just going to ask if they were going to give us -- meaning those people who have jobs to pay for their subscriptions -- a method of watching the feed later.

And then I read a few posts.

<3 Thanks guys, for making it so I didn't have to browse through a million threads to find that info!!

Seriously so them ignoring us during beta or total of 7 months since the beginning of beta makes this bs summit alright. fanboi's are always happy about pr stuff. No community interaction what soever since beta or the game comes out but alright they took notes...:rolleyes:

And haters are never happy no matter how far anyone extends themselves, but I am sure that is not how you meant to come across.

I'm not saying there's not problems. This is a new game, with a new engine, and a TON of new features that haven't been seen in any game before, ever. So there are bound to be a whole slew of new and interesting issues to tackle. And even though things aren't happening in the time that some of us believe is acceptable, we are definitely not being ignored. If you ever played Star Wars: Galaxies, (Talk about a botched launch, *every* server crashed within 30min of going live.), prior to the NGE then you would know what being ignored *really* is and this is certainly not it.

Furthermore, I have been a member of this community since 10.26.08, was in the beta, and am quite aware of most of the issues. Continuing to hold a grudge for beta mishaps is, at best, ignorant. Beta is meant to be broken, and even though we all have our own priorities, the production team at BioWare has to make their decisions based on the community as a whole, not just what an individual feels is important. I often fall into the minority about what is important for this game, and that's ok because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Things *will* get better, bugs *will* be fixed, and in a couple years, this game will have even more shiny awesome than WoW ever dreamed of having.

Finally, I am not a "fanboi", just a "glass is full" kinda guy. I am also a software developer, and having worked on large projects, I can assure you that there are many, many things going on behind the scenes. These things hold bearing on all of the decisions that are made every day, affecting everything from systems design to artistic style. BioWare has good reasons for making the decisions they make and this is a passionate project for them. As such, they have a strong desire to make it the best it can possibly be, for themselves as well as us, their customers.

As a Star Wars loving role-player, if I was going to be upset about any one thing, it would be the fact that Jedi Guardian, Jedi Consular, Jedi Sentinal, and Jedi Arbiter (not yet included in game) are in fact *all* "Jedi Knights". The game seriously deviates from this important tid-bit of lore and should be adjusted appropriately.

As a customer, if I was going to be upset about any one thing it would be the lack of a character transfer service that is currently placing additional strain on the communities social aspect. Currently there are 96 pages of posts asking for a character transfer service. The thread can be viewed HERE.

Regarding patch 1.2, I am especially thankful for the new guild management tools, the improved GTN, improved UI, and *any* bug fixes that get addressed.

Edited by KonaiNobi