Im a the only one not happy with the DoT change?

boobaffet

The issue is not the damage of DoTs but the fact that they prevent captures. Why should I, a sith sorceror, be able to defend a point after I'm dead by spamming affliction (15 second DoT). My character is powerful but not THAT powerful :)

Besides, my cleanse, Purge, has a 4.5 second cool down and only works on "mental" and "force" effects. A sorc can spam 3 afflictions in the time it takes me to cleanse 2 team mates

that math does not seem fair

you need only 1 to cap..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look man, I'm a Jedi yo.

I don't care if I'm bleeding, burning, and posioned, I can press buttons and set bombs.

Only a lightsaber to the face would stop me. This is a good change.

I'm fine with this change IF...

If they also change it so that I can meditate/Seethe without DoTs interrupting me. A player can DoT you up if they're about to die and if you're not a healer class, you cannot even regenerate back up with NO ONE around and then they get back from behind the force field at full health and finish you off. Really stupid mechanic, BUT it made sense if DoTs interrupted ALL actions.

If doors and nodes can now be capped through DoTs, I want to be able to MEDITATE through DoTs as well.

Like you said, I'm a Sith, I can't Seethe through a little DoT?

Edited by Monterone

borrowed this from alonzo in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=338182&page=3

The scenario that you people keep crying about is about 1 person holding off 4people capping a point again and again.

You all rush in like noobs, surround him, he dots you.

You wait around, whine when he returns and ragequit when he does teh same thing to you again.

The entire time, any 4 of you could have walked outside of dot range, stunlocked him (something the same noob army crying about this dot issue cries about being a problem)

Ther'es no excuse for 4 people to lose to 1 guy defending with dots more than once a game just for getting caught offguard.

But hey, in pve it's a really smart tactic to all gather up and spam your "rotations" from 2m, so it's the game's fault clearly that your awesome tactic doesn't work in pvp.

Edited by viotoa

borrowed this from alonzo in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=338182&page=3

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlonzoOdantis

The scenario that you people keep crying about is about 1 person holding off 4people capping a point again and again.

You all rush in like noobs, surround him, he dots you.

You wait around, whine when he returns and ragequit when he does teh same thing to you again.

The entire time, any 4 of you could have walked outside of dot range, stunlocked him (something the same noob army crying about this dot issue cries about being a problem)

Ther'es no excuse for 4 people to lose to 1 guy defending with dots more than once a game just for getting caught offguard.

But hey, in pve it's a really smart tactic to all gather up and spam your "rotations" from 2m, so it's the game's fault clearly that your awesome tactic doesn't work in pvp.

uhm the issue isnt the DoT-er beating everybody, its the fact that it can prevent caps while teh DoT-er is dead.

also, as a sorc, I have a 30 meter DoT, thats nearly impossible to outrange unless you have a sniper marksman talent (or appropriate gunslinger mirror) perk

I find it hard to believe that anyone is actually so exclusively invested in one game mechanic that changing it will make them stop playing. Srs. Aw man, that one game mechanic was the whole reason I played! Really, it just sounds silly.

Good change that could have been done so much better if BW had devs that played the game, Ofc a dot should stop someone from capping as long as the dotter is alive, but once he is dead his dot shouldn't stop the cap. But i guess it is a lot easier to just nerf it to the ground.

Still this change is better then let a dead person defend a turret. but lazy lazy bw :/

Overall a stupid change. Not a massive change, but stupid. I'm more concerned on the direction PvP may be going because of this. People are already suggesting that AoEs don't interrupt either. Reducing the variety of tactics will eventually make PvP just a big zerg.

DoTs are also terrible damage-wise for the most part (aside from Marauder/Sentinel). Incindenary Round does 600 damage + 100 damage every few seconds for 18 seconds... Grand total of 1200-1600 damage assuming it's not removed and the person lives for that long. That's less damage than a Stockstrike which does damage instantly and uses less Ammo.

3 out of 8 classes can remove DoTs.

If you have 5 people unable to detonate a door because all 5 people are DoT'ed by one person... you're bad.

Edited by savionen

Overall a stupid change. Not a massive change, but stupid. I'm more concerned on the direction PvP may be going because of this. People are already suggesting that AoEs don't interrupt either. Reducing the variety of tactics will eventually make PvP just a big zerg.

DoTs are also terrible damage-wise for the most part (aside from Marauder/Sentinel). Incindenary Round does 600 damage + 100 damage every few seconds for 18 seconds... Grand total of 1200-1600 damage assuming it's not removed and the person lives for that long. That's less damage than a Stockstrike which does damage instantly and uses less Ammo.

If you have 5 people unable to detonate a door because all 5 people are DoT'ed by one person... you're bad.

Preventing a cap via AoE is perfectly valid because the caster needs to be ALIVE to do that damage. DoT's are different in that the caster can die and caps are still prevented.

And your last sentence doesnt make any sense. sorc has an instacast DoT on the GCD, the one cleanse i know of (not an expert in all classes) is on a 4.5 second cooldown. Therefore, someone can DoT 5 people in the time it takes to cleanse 2. And true, you only need one to cap, but since DoT's can be applied more rapidly than a cleanse, your argument holds no water.

Good change that could have been done so much better if BW had devs that played the game, Ofc a dot should stop someone from capping as long as the dotter is alive, but once he is dead his dot shouldn't stop the cap. But i guess it is a lot easier to just nerf it to the ground.

Still this change is better then let a dead person defend a turret. but lazy lazy bw :/

Exactly. The issue here is not the game mechanic, it's that BW is continually catering to casual players who will in their due time be unsubbing soon along with the hardcore.

I liked it.

I wonder why it was removed.

I am with you, I liked DOTs interrupting caps, made dispels that much more important and separated the average Sage/Sorcs from the better ones.

Edited by Turando

Preventing a cap via AoE is perfectly valid because the caster needs to be ALIVE to do that damage.

Probably is too difficult of a technical task, but what about DOTs interrupting while the caster is still alive?

I personally think as long as the person whom put the dot on you is alive it should interrupt but as soon as they die it should end unlike it currently is.

I definitely see that side, but that line of thinking can be applied to HoTs and CC as well, although I do not think either of those would have as great of an impact as DoTs after death would.

IMO, I would rather see a few more ways to remove DoTs so that the tactic is viable, but can be countered by an aware person. Maybe have your OOC Heal/Regen automatically strip all Debuffs when used. Of course, that may lead to many other issues...but something along that line.

Or, how about we Reduce the duration of the longer Dots by 50%, and increase their damage by 200%? Well, one can hope, can't they? :)

LOL@all the Bad Player tears...

DoTs are getting fixed next patch. You lose.