how is leveling as seer spec?

BaskaN

I don't play a consular, but I would say that I wouldn't bother leveling as sage. You can easily respec at least twice later. You can also heal decently well without seer spec, at least in the beginning. My guess is you can probably heal most of the game without any points in seer until you get to level 50.

That being said, with companions, you can probably level any spec you want. I am a tank spec guardian, and with a dps companion she does a ton of damage. She actually does more damage than I do. It is a little different though, as your healing ability will probably be too useful while leveling. Most battles you won't be needing to heal constantly, and even then the basic heals will do fine enough.

Up to level 20 I have had no problems at all going straight up the healing tree. I have not had to wait on higher levels to complete the story part of things and have had no problems at all doing missions solo. When I am fighting next to other people I do not think that it takes my healer + companion any longer to kill a mob or group of mobs than the next guy. This might change at higher levels but I've been rocking it so far.

I don't play a consular, but I would say that I wouldn't bother leveling as sage. You can easily respec at least twice later. You can also heal decently well without seer spec, at least in the beginning. My guess is you can probably heal most of the game without any points in seer until you get to level 50.

That being said, with companions, you can probably level any spec you want. I am a tank spec guardian, and with a dps companion she does a ton of damage. She actually does more damage than I do. It is a little different though, as your healing ability will probably be too useful while leveling. Most battles you won't be needing to heal constantly, and even then the basic heals will do fine enough.

As someone who's actually played sage and knows that you can't reset advanced class it is quite easy. You can't heal as consular without sage spec either. Most of the time I play balance specced and spam project and telekinetic throw with the trandoshan tanking using Force Armour when i'm taking heavy damage. Level 25 and having fun.

The Seer specialization is particularly good since the trandoshan can be kept alive for quite a long time, if you keep your project and telekinetic throw's updated and at a current level you can still maintain decent damage as well.

Edited by Vastalee
Removed rude

anyone leveling as seer spec? (healer) share your level and comments.

Lvl 27 Seer, very easy.

DPS is pretty good and I tend to run with my first companion/tank pet. Can solo just about anything I've run into except 4 player heroic quests (can do some of them if I'm careful). Have even taken down many champions like the rakghoul overlord and the gathering the Jedi holocrons in the taris republic HEROIC areas (gold+silver elite mobs, super crazy high health).

Depending on the spawn, if there's tough guys I'll send my pet in first. CC any extras (elites), dps the adds down fast. Once you get force armor you can toss that up and buy a buffer. Keep dot's stacked on the big guys (dps other spells when you can). In really tough fights I'll try to conserve mana, I'm biochem with infinate healpots so I use noble sacrifice (lifetap) to get a lot of extra force. For lots of little guys, I'll just dot'em all up. Do the AOE knockback when they hit me and then just execute anything that survived.

TL/DR; you've awesome survivability and respectable dps so far up to 27.

Edited by Reoh

i do level as healer (lvl 21 atm) and it is fine so far tho i made a small change and took some talents from other trees (Will of Jedi 2/2, Inner Strength 3/3 - mostly to help me out on lower level healing where i face different groups of players with different skill set) - my companion in tanking mode can kill pretty much anything when im healing so maybe we kill things bit slower (even if didnt rly noticed) but we have incredible survivability when mixed with companion :)

Made it to level 24 in beta and did everything solo that was heroic 2+ or lower with no problem and just a good use of CC and stuns with Qyzen and his amazing tanking.

Keeping Qyzen shielded and healing was not an issue on most cases even while I throw out some DPS myself. It was all very smooth.

Now that things are live, I'm level 18 now. Doing more grouped and it's even better but soloing things does not seem to have changed. Just pay attention to mobs, CC a little and it's amazingly fun and no slower that I can tell from everyone else.

Also a Level 27 Seer, and it's been a great experience. It's actually pretty straight-forward, though you do have to focus on two things (damage output and healing) instead of just nuking. But, what I really like about the viability of this strategy is that I'm getting to practice the style of play that I use in Flashpoints and will eventually use in Operations. Even when soloing, I'm building relevant muscle memory and reflexes. It's a great idea on Bioware's part.:cool:

21 seer focus. And no issues at all, yet to actually die either. And while its nice, its a steady pace, the companion helps you get used to healing tanks nicely, even if its not the best one, but most certainly helps build the idea of what you need to do. Strength of leveling, is amazing, so far, nothing of the champion level has been any issue, even in facing it with other critters or solo. Im still on taris, (and likely about 23-24 when i go to nar shadaa) and plenty more to do, so really, its strong for leveling up fast because you can kill those high status mobs without problems. Slow, not at all, its a steady pace, that really, you only pause on the levels, to adjust how new skills open up new ways to keep on that nice walk forward.

lvl 20 now and have played all content up to this point with friends. I started out as a balance spec but swapped at 19 to 2/6/2 (will continue into Seer as I level up).

Reason for swapping is that they killed everything so fast so I rather have a more support focused spec so we can duo harder stuff. We actually managed to duo Hammer Station, me at level 19 and a trooper (commando) friend at level 20 (we had companions ofc). Last boss was a bit hard, mostly because the trooper companions died from aoe so our dps was a bit low but we managed even though it was a close call.

Can't tell how it's to solo as seer spec but I can't think it's too bad. At least not until talents might actually do a bigger difference.

Edited by freche

At the moment I am 18 full Seer and I have no problems at all with leveling. I use Qyzen for everything and I really have not even bothered to upgrade him. Send him in on the hardest mob of the group whilst I deal with a few of 'the squishies' and heal as/when needed.

I personally do not feel it to be slower than any other class and I feel a lot more confident to wade into battle against Elites and such than I ever did in beta as a Sith Marauder.

Check out the sage sticky, it talks about all three specs. Seer is one of the advised ones to level with actually because of Qyzens tanking capabilities. I think I'm going to level as Balance though, maybe change to Seer here and there to heal flashpoints and warzones.

Im still in my late teens of my sage but lovIng every minute of it. I don't have any problems with mobs or even pvp. I haven't taken on any epic mobs. The gold/silver mix ones but I honestly have yet to fight one. I have had NO problem with gold elites. Throw the companion a few heals and we destroy them. Just my two cents

It's awesome, basically. On Taris, I soloed in the Mandalorian heroic zone. The groups of three with 1 gold and 2 silvers, I would Force Lift the gold one, sic Qyzen on one of the silvers (be sure Qyzen's aoe is toggled off) and force the third to eat pebbles, healing as needed. Then finish off the one that Qyzen was working on, regroup for a few seconds and attack the wiggling-in-the-air gold one.

That would leave me pretty low on Force, but it was pretty impressive for a healing class.

anyone leveling as seer spec? (healer) share your level and comments.

No problem whatsoever. All the solo quests can be done with ease. Qyzen + your healing made it possible to do heroic 2 without a tank class. Healing role in heroic 4 and FPs are natural.

In fact, it is working so well that I'm afraid to level another class without healing abilities or healing pets.