The Perfect Huttball Team

Wang

http://i.imgur.com/XHSbd.jpg

I don't have a problem with sorcs, juggs, or empire. I think the classes have great utility, but when stacked like this in huttball the team has way too much of an advantage.

I do have a problem with the team composition algorithm used for huttball. There should be something that says, "no more than 4 of on AC per team".

What do you guys think?

Looking at the low damage done, the healing, the protection done, and that you lost 1-6 shows your arguments failing. The imps beaten you because of teamplay, and prollly half your team just left at the first sign of being outplayed.

This SS also hides the assured fact that your team was made of troopers/consulars

Looking at the low damage done, the healing, the protection done, and that you lost 1-6 shows your arguments failing. The imps beaten you because of teamplay, and prollly half your team just left at the first sign of being outplayed.

Was about to say the exact same thing.

Played a huttball match where it looked like it were all just sorcs (probably 5 or 6 out of 8).

It goes like this

Force Sprint -> Bubble -> pass -> Force Sprint -> Bubble -> pass -> Force Sprint -> Bubble -> pass -> Force Sprint -> Bubble -> score.

Needless to say they won the match 6-0 in just a matter of less than 5 mins.

This SS also hides the assured fact that your team was made of troopers/consulars

as·sump·tion /əˈsəm(p)SHən/Noun:

1. A thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof: "they made certain assumptions about the market".

2. The action of taking power or responsibility: "the assumption of an active role in regional settlements".

Also makes an *** out of you, and umption.

I'll assume you play a sage. Hybrid spec. Think you are good.

yeah i have never played against that many sages before

also get that jugg out of there, throw in another 'sin, thats a perfect team

Oo. Juggs are by far the best ball carriers due to their mobility by being able to go up on the z axis with their charge + intervene. When you couple that with the sorcs pull it makes for some quick and rather hard to stop scores.

The team with the most mobility and/or the best positioning for passing wins. This isn't wow to go full tank on the carrier and slooowly crawl to the finish line. The faster that people learn this and stop all the "i haz tanking gearzz and 24k hp lololz me ball carrier" mentality the faster they'll start actually winning.

as·sump·tion /əˈsəm(p)SHən/Noun:

1. A thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof: "they made certain assumptions about the market".

2. The action of taking power or responsibility: "the assumption of an active role in regional settlements".

Also makes an *** out of you, and umption.

I'll assume you play a sage. Hybrid spec. Think you are good.

For a person quoting the definition of the word "assumption", I am not sure you understand the word. There is no assumption in his post that the other team did little damage, healing, or protection but still stomped the match 6-1. It is not an assumption that the losing team was greatly out played with tactics.

BTW, I love the irony of your last two sentences.

The most efficient team needs only three people, one of which must be a stealth class.

On hangs out in the center, one hangs out in the pit and the stealther stays by the goal line.

Grab ball, throw to the person in the pit, the stealther unstealths, gets passed to and scores, then restealths.

Repeat.

I don't think you know how to play huttball. Sure we were outplayed, but it was because they were able to move the ball forward 30m at a time without having to pass.

You understand that low damage numbers is often a sign of a blow out game that was over quickly right?

This is a sign of a player that doesn't understand how warzones work. Fact is, more often than not, pushing the objectives drops your scoreboard stats off a cliff. That's why showing damage/healing at the end of a match is pointless, because it doesn't show who actually contributed to the outcome of the match.

This is a sign of a player that doesn't understand how warzones work. Fact is, more often than not, pushing the objectives drops your scoreboard stats off a cliff. That's why showing damage/healing at the end of a match is pointless, because it doesn't show who actually contributed to the outcome of the match.

Yes, pushing objectives drops scroeboard stats down, which is why Halefthaut is saying they were outplayed. To get a quick 6-1 win takes teamwork and tactics, given how their entire team is low for dps/hps/prot means their entire team was likely working together.

I don't think you know how to play huttball. Sure we were outplayed, but it was because they were able to move the ball forward 30m at a time without having to pass.

Why would you let them set up for that? Defensive tactics do not start and end at killing the ball carrier. It is not like Sorcerers are hard to kill or knock off ledges.

http://i.imgur.com/XHSbd.jpg

I don't have a problem with sorcs, juggs, or empire. I think the classes have great utility, but when stacked like this in huttball the team has way too much of an advantage.

I do have a problem with the team composition algorithm used for huttball. There should be something that says, "no more than 4 of on AC per team".

What do you guys think?

well looking at the screen shot. Im going to guess

You fought two tank assassins, two healers, 2 dps sorcs,1 dps assassin, and 1 jugg.

The low damage and medal count suggest's they worked on playing for objectives.

While your team folded or had quitters during the match.

I dont see a flaw in this .

A good team while do this consistently

question..what were the other seven people on your team doing?

and you as a vangaurd...what were you doing?

Yes, pushing objectives drops scroeboard stats down, which is why Halefthaut is saying they were outplayed. To get a quick 6-1 win takes teamwork and tactics, given how their entire team is low for dps/hps/prot means their entire team was likely working together.

Why would you let them set up for that? Defensive tactics do not start and end at killing the ball carrier. It is not like Sorcerers are hard to kill or knock off ledges.

This is so true.

I play a 50 Operative Medic, I heal... that is my role. But in huttball, healing takes second role to advancing the ball with my team. You will never see healing numbers from me in huttball like you do alderaan. The same goes for the DPS that I play with. Their numbers are deflated because of the amount of strategy that is required to successfully complete the objective in huttball. The only time we focus on our class roles (Heals, DPS...) is when we are on defense... and even then it is more about crowd controlling and interrupting than anything else. The problem you are facing is that the people you are playing with do not have the PVP mental capacity to pay attention to anything other than numbers flying across their screen.

On Offense... if you have the ball the first thing you should do is look ahead to pass. If you dont have the ball, then run ahead to be passed to.

On defense... the first thing you should do is CC the carrier then look towards your goal.. if you see someone staged ahead, do whatever it takes to make them a non factor for a pass. If no one is ahead, then do whatever it takes to get the ball back.

Now apply normal PVP rules to that (kill healers, reduce their DPS, interrupt...)

It really isnt that hard, and it is unfortunate that some people just dont understand how this works. If you are extremely good, you can change tides BY YOURSELF using these logics.

Ran into similar setups, or identical.

Only variation is with/without Merc Healer.

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF RATED WARZONES!

^ I do say that when we run into it too.

Rated WZ's you would sub a dos sorc for a murauder, healing debuffs and the burst potential is about twice as useful as a dps sorc stat padding with AoE's

Ran into similar setups, or identical.

Only variation is with/without Merc Healer.

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF RATED WARZONES!

^ I do say that when we run into it too.

Been saying this for a while now, come rated Warzones, people are going to see that Huttball is nothing more then Forceball..... But they think it's "skill"

or my personal favorite, It would make huttball boring to make them play like every other non force user..

For a person quoting the definition of the word "assumption", I am not sure you understand the word. There is no assumption in his post that the other team did little damage, healing, or protection but still stomped the match 6-1. It is not an assumption that the losing team was greatly out played with tactics.

BTW, I love the irony of your last two sentences.

If you like you can read the rest of the guys post. Full of assumptions about quitting and their team make up. To assume poor play when you are up against 7 inquisitors is just that, an assumption.

Anything else champ?