Stop it. Please

Halofax

If you look at the floor in the Republic, it reflects the Empire fleet. The Republic fleet is literally the Empire fleet with a brown color tint on it.

Not only that.

It doesn't get much more obvious than saying you fixed a bug that helps the Empire cheat in Civil War when you didn't.

actually the empire fleet is the republic fleet recolored.

I know that for a fact.

I made it.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't fall apart because you still can't prove they designed the Imperial Fleet first. In order for your argument to have any weight you need to have some factual evidence.

You don't have to split hair regarding design choices (however, imho the empire got a bit more of design love - just look at the trooper-trashcan-helmet...seriously). There are/were OBJECTIVE imbalances since beta, none of them favouring republic:

Sage: Delayed Project, mirror skill instant

Trooper: Mortar Volley damage delayed, Death from Above instant

Trooper: Full Auto delayed and bugged, BH mirror not

Smuggler: One ability (iirc the aoe mezz) had a 15sec longer cooldown than the mirrored one

Smuggler: Was intended to get own cover system - in the end recieved the IA version, which lead to massive ability delay and a ****load of bugs.

Civil War: Free shots for Imp

You could also include:

CE: Sith lord statue, no jedi version

New same faction warzone catering to imps, so they all can stay in their beloved faction without suffering the negative consequences of massive pop imbalance such as playing huttball all day.

I would not care that much, if it were not for the actual imbalances in gameplay mechanics. Actually the imbalance has created an outstanding republic community on my server - although small, very reliable (as long as there is one person in out daily ilum raid, who has not finished the daily yet, nobody leaves), friendly and very mature (most people i know are 25+, the youngest person i met in endgame content was 17). And I know of various sources that this is definately not the case on the imperial side.

maybe there were imperial devs and rebel devs working on their own stuff...

and maybe the rebel devs just suck?

:D

rebel alliance =/= old republic

And tbh, that would be really, really stupid when it comes to pvp (thats where the skill mechanic differences matter).

Unsub..its the only language they understand.

SW:tor are THE fail mmo of the last decade,maybe the worst ever.

They calculate in damage control..they dont plan on fixing anything,they just want to give you the idea that they will..so you will pay for 2 months more..Its American Its Fake.

Unsub..its the only language they understand.

SW:tor are THE fail mmo of the last decade,maybe the worst ever.

They calculate in damage control..they dont plan on fixing anything,they just want to give you the idea that they will..so you will pay for 2 months more..Its American Its Fake.

^ This. I mean if you are going to QQ and still pay them $15 a month to play why should they care if you cry on the forums...they are still getting your money.

EDIT: After all last I checked "EA" was on the box and all EA cares about is the almighty dollar.

They don't care if their product smells like monkey poo as long as people are giving them money for said poo.

Edited by Nezis

To the OP,

What benefit is it to Bioware to lie in their patch notes? To piss off their customers? I understand your frustration but I highly doubt that's their intention. A bug can happen anytime, even though they thought they fixed a bug. They will need to investigate further. It sucks for them and it sucks for us but I don't think they are trying to deceive us with the patch notes.

So they didnt lie about Illum exploiters? I have not seen or heard anything about rollbacks on those who exploited it that day,but we were promised they would.

When did i say they looked boring or stupid?

The Empire character versions are actually stronger.

If you actually play a trooper and a bounty hunter, the BH attacks go off faster and cost less energy.

Not to mention the trooper endgame pve set literally doesnt even have a face visor.

Your Full of $ HIT. I play both a Powertech a Vanguard a Merc and a Commando. I've played all of these up to or almost up to 50. (Haven't gotten my PT to 50 yet.) the animations are a little off but all of the abilitys fire at the same rate. I have no issues with any of them. Empire Chars aren't any stronger then the reb versions. Any Perception that they are is all on you.

^ This. I mean if you are going to QQ and still pay them $15 a month to play why should they care if you cry on the forums...they are still getting your money.

EDIT: After all last I checked "EA" was on the box and all EA cares about is the almighty dollar.

They don't care if their product smells like monkey poo as long as people are giving them money for said poo.

No worries..I did unsub..got 2 toons to 50 and several to mid 30´s..Game was a disaster from start but i wanted to give them some slack to see if they could recover..they couldn´t ,so for the love of quality gaming..unsub peeps!

Edited by SmokinBuda

I loved my Vanguard...14 Days left of Sub / Unsubbed... tried a Bountyhunter yesterday... OMG... BH plays really, really nice with the definitely faster response time. Unload > fullauto.

Too bad, it cant be played on Rep side, as i seriously dont like Empire.

But yes.. it seem the Devs play mostly empire. Not a single skill on Empire Side works worse than Rep Side, but a lot go better..

Ah yes, i really want to like this game... 1.2 will be make or break. If i see Rated PvP Armours comming, and they are better, i dont see a "Make".

Your Full of $ HIT. I play both a Powertech a Vanguard a Merc and a Commando. I've played all of these up to or almost up to 50. (Haven't gotten my PT to 50 yet.) the animations are a little off but all of the abilitys fire at the same rate. I have no issues with any of them. Empire Chars aren't any stronger then the reb versions. Any Perception that they are is all on you.

See when you say Rebel for republic, you show that you are an obvious Empire player who is just lying to protect your factions superiority.

I mean you are too ignorant to learn the difference between Rebels and Republic because you havent even play the Republic storyline.

Any Perception that they are is all on you.

Wrong. Just wrong. The difference between Project and the Imp mirror is documented by various ppl (one example:

).

The Mortar Volley vs. Death from Above issue has been documented (

).

Just browse through youtube and you will find enough.

But dont give me that $h!t about perception just because you disavow the fact that there are mechanical advantages for empire.

And there is a lot to say (and has been said alot) about design advantages, but you dont even have to consider that.

Just lost a 5vs8 Civil war match. We (pubs) took the turret on the west side and it was fully turned before the one on the east started turning. We managed to hold them off in the middle. We still lost because the one on the east side is sill shooting the instant it is taken, but only if taken by the imps.

A sniper can Ambush then cast Explosive probe to make it a one shot burst. While the gunslinger would need to set the sabotage charge before casting his attack.

The sabotage charge can easily be dispelled before the burst hit you while the exploding probe... it's less then 0.1 second between the hit and the explosive probe debuff.

I can confirm this as well. None of this stuff is really game breaking for me, but it does seem odd.

you must hide in the crowd to avoid focus/1v1. try getting away from someone with a class thats not given anything useful to get away with and then tell me how easy it is to play a merc/commando. yes merc is given enough dps but thats all we get so try to, lets say... survive, is quite a challenge

Why do you think I stopped playing this moronic class? It's a glass cannon with nearly no buttons to press. When focused you basically watch your health bar go down veeeeeeery slowwwwwly or you stand there and wait that they give up on attacking you because an healer is healing the massive mitigation you have from being commando/merc.

If people are on you, your DPS is basically lower then a keyboard turning healer. When no one is on you, your DPS is basically like a sniper with armor penetration on top of it.

There is no challenge at all with commando/merc. It's just a roll your face over your DPS abilities with little to no ways to release pressure on yourself.

Same goes for heal spec. It's just a meat bag made to take all the pew pew in the world without ever being able to do anything else but seeing your bar getting interrupted and your health going back up from trauma probe/whatever the name of the on-hit heal merc got.

And 20 keybinds isn't a lot. It's nearly nothing as about 10 or more of theses keybinds are 2 minutes+ cooldowns.

Bioware...

A.) Stop lying in patch notes. Its old now. Losing civil wars still. STILL.

That's your/your team's own damn fault.

B.) Instead of killing Ilum, and ruining world pvp anymore, why not just merge the servers... oh wait its because...

Get a team, go killing in an organized group, not the nonsense Republic players do.

C.) You obviously cant stop showering the Empire faction with your love and favoritism. Stop it. I am almost to the point of quiting because its a joke. Republic abilities not working? You give the empire more abilities.

They have the exact same abilities as us, literally the exact same ones. The only difference is the animations which Bioware has already stated in patch notes/Q&A, will be fixed in order to appropriately display the damage, etc...

You lie in the patch notes and say you fixed imbalances favoring the Empire. You refuse to merge servers, Empire players get groups and pvp while the Republic suffers. You recolored the Empire fleet brown and gave it to the Republic.\

Merging servers would make the population imbalance even more noticeable. How will that fix anything? EVERY server has an imbalance, merging them would make more Empire players. Again, this makes no sense.

Seriously you must be choking on something by now because you cant stop.

I'm not quitting, and the pvp itself isnt that bad. But the blatantly obvious favoritism makes it really hard to take anything seriously in this game.

Stop whining, stop it. Please.

Hey, just a question. If every server is empire dominated, how will server merges fix population imbalance?

It wont. The only possible side effect for the reps would be in PVE and warzones. As it is right now, you sometimes have to search over 2h to find one DD for your operation and don't even try to get anything together after 0100 am or so (at weekends). There are not even enough 50s to fill one warzone so eventually you will get 1 invite per hour to play 5vs8 voidstar. yay.

My buddy has a screenshot were he is the ONLY PERSON ON THE FLEET - granted, that was 0400 am. But still.

I know, i know, as a student, my time management is a bit more flexible as long as i don't have to work the other day - but this is not MMO. This isn't even M. BF3 wipes the floor with that, hell, even World in Conflict does...

Really, it's getting old.

Does anyone still think that there are differences between mirror classes? Jeez.

There are. Don't believe me? Go play a sniper + gunslinger. Use the nade ability that sticks on target and explodes when shot at:

Take cover as a sniper: load snipe or ambush, and right when it fires, press the sticky-nade-thingy ability -> BOOOOOOOOOOM both explode at the same time.

Take cover as a gunslinger: do the same: ... you shoot, the thing sticks about 2 seconds afterwards and... nothing happens.

Meaning the sniper has a HUGE 1 (which is actually 2...)shot burst in a single moment when the gunslinger does NOT because he actually tells the enemy ''DUDE IMMA MAKE U EXPLODE, BETTER DEBUFF NAO!!'' or ''*** DIZ DONT WORK FOR MEHH??!'' Those are his two options.

That's just to give the first example that comes to mind ;)

Except the damage is registered when the ability is fired. When it shows up on your screen is irrelevant. Ever wondered why sometimes when you pvp you lose control a fraction of a second before you actually see your character die?