Problems with Marauder PvP

HeCTiCLOB

Every other class and I do mean EVERY other class has a utility viability that makes them capable of being able to "do" something useful for a team.

Maurader excells in that in close combat it can hit consistnt dps (provided you get off enough rage to dish it) but it fails in that everything about this class is just bad.

This right here is the reason you have no credibility in your post. I dont need to read ANY further to realize your post is just a qq post. Marauder is very viable, we can give the GROUP 15% increased damage AND healing to the group, along with Predation (which is a GROUP BUFF) On top of Marauder has THE ONLY MS IN THE GAME. FFS stop *********** complaining that you have no utility what so ever, you have abilities that no other class in the game has. Being able to charge up to top level platforms when knocked off with the huttball has NO viability either, aparently. Go play another class if its this big of an issue, this class generally requires a bit more dedication which is fine. If it's too hard, or you havent quite gotten down how to abuse certain class mechanics, then either A - Practice a bit more, or B - Attempt a funner class that may be a bit easier to have fun with. get out of here with qq posts

And on another note, for people like you who post threads of how to "re work the class to make it viable" (AKA I havent learned to play and abuse certain mechanics, and now i wanna tailor the game so I as Rock, can overcome both Paper AND Scissors in any situation, because there is absolutely no way that there is a counter to my class) If you want to do so many changes to the class you are either in the wrong game in the first place, playing the wrong class, or should just plain work for BioWare if what you created will just undoubtedly solve every single problem encountered.

Edited by Ugwee

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every other class and I do mean EVERY other class has a utility viability that makes them capable of being able to "do" something useful for a team.

I'll keep this short, if that's how you feel then you have absolutely no idea how to play a marauder and you should definitely re roll

And on another note, for people like you who post threads of how to "re work the class to make it viable" (AKA I havent learned to play and abuse certain mechanics, and now i wanna tailor the game so I as Rock, can overcome both Paper AND Scissors in any situation, because there is absolutely no way that there is a counter to my class) If you want to do so many changes to the class you are either in the wrong game in the first place, playing the wrong class, or should just plain work for BioWare if what you created will just undoubtedly solve every single problem encountered.

Evidently you didnt read the bottom at all.

Also, two group oriented AOE's that require you to be in a certain radius to work effectivly mean absoleutley nothing if they are on a rediculasly long CD, the buff, you speak of, that grants a +15% damage buff is 15 seconds long and has a 1.5 minuate cooldown every use, it is far from game changing when your enemy has a ****-ton of expertease rating.

Again, you sound exactly like the kind of person im defining here, someone who fears your class will be ousted by someones point because its VALID.

Your evidently afraid of a class being adapted to be useful because it might accidently nullify your own use in the process.

That is "not" what I am talking about at all, read the damned post.

I am saying that no class needs nerfing, the Maurader, needs buffing.

I am saying that I have done everything mentioned in the list, ive taken advice from some of the top battlemasters and even THEY agree that I have points.

This class "does" need to be upped to be better and more on par with its rivals in the dps run.

You can TL:DR all you want but the fact is if your not reading it properly you obviously dont have the capacity to make any dignified argument what so ever, your not pointing out whats wrong with the class your trying to justify why it SHOULD be as weak as it is. That, is WRONG flat out and simple, it needs buffing and you need to stop crying because your class could potentially be on par with a Maurader.

And your other points make me laugh. Please, the only class that can jump? You evidently know nothing, nothing of bounty hunters, troopers and juggernauts, not to mention te force pull from sages and sorcerors.

You are horribly outgunned by inconsitancies sir.

Evidently you didnt read the bottom at all.

Also, two group oriented AOE's that require you to be in a certain radius to work effectivly mean absoleutley nothing if they are on a rediculasly long CD, the buff, you speak of, that grants a +15% damage buff is 15 seconds long and has a 1.5 minuate cooldown every use, it is far from game changing when your enemy has a ****-ton of expertease rating.

Again, you sound exactly like the kind of person im defining here, someone who fears your class will be ousted by someones point because its VALID.

Your evidently afraid of a class being adapted to be useful because it might accidently nullify your own use in the process.

That is "not" what I am talking about at all, read the damned post.

I am saying that no class needs nerfing, the Maurader, needs buffing.

I am saying that I have done everything mentioned in the list, ive taken advice from some of the top battlemasters and even THEY agree that I have points.

This class "does" need to be upped to be better and more on par with its rivals in the dps run.

You can TL:DR all you want but the fact is if your not reading it properly you obviously dont have the capacity to make any dignified argument what so ever, your not pointing out whats wrong with the class your trying to justify why it SHOULD be as weak as it is. That, is WRONG flat out and simple, it needs buffing and you need to stop crying because your class could potentially be on par with a Maurader.

And your other points make me laugh. Please, the only class that can jump? You evidently know nothing, nothing of bounty hunters, troopers and juggernauts, not to mention te force pull from sages and sorcerors.

You are horribly outgunned by inconsitancies sir.

There's a distinct gap in marauders explained very simply as:

The ones that have figured it out and the ones that havent.

You're clearly the latter.

A buff will make the ones that haven't mediocre instead of bad, but they still won't get it. It will makes those that do get it downright unstoppable and the forum QQ will go into overdrive demanding a marauder nerf.

Spend some time figuring the class out, and you'll realize your role in the warzone. It's not always about numbers, and the leaderboard is hardly reflective of what actually happened in the warzone. I've had Voidstars where I've done 450/125 and there will be a Sorc who did 700k. It may seem insane to think I was more effective, but the reason that Sorc did 700k was because of me. I made it a point that the enemy's focus needed to be me, and that allowed the Sorc to sit back on the side and freecast AOEs all day long. It works both ways, if they focused him and allowed me to just roam then I would have done even more dmg.

Find the balance with your team and play off each other well enough. Quit worrying about numbers. The best players in the game are acknowledging marauders as forces to be reckoned with, and the best marauders themselves are very simply stating they don't need a buff. That should tell you something.

I don't think it's ever been a more fitting time to use this phrase:

Learn to play.

I do find it very bad though that Powertechs get a free to use to use Disruption with equal cooldown. Marauder Disruption should not have a Rage cost...

Who told you this? Powertech's Quell costs 8 heat to cast.

But if you're going to lobby for a free interrupt, don't forget to include us PTs in your campaign.

There's a distinct gap in marauders explained very simply as:

The ones that have figured it out and the ones that havent.

You're clearly the latter.

A buff will make the ones that haven't mediocre instead of bad, but they still won't get it. It will makes those that do get it downright unstoppable and the forum QQ will go into overdrive demanding a marauder nerf.

Spend some time figuring the class out, and you'll realize your role in the warzone. It's not always about numbers, and the leaderboard is hardly reflective of what actually happened in the warzone. I've had Voidstars where I've done 450/125 and there will be a Sorc who did 700k. It may seem insane to think I was more effective, but the reason that Sorc did 700k was because of me. I made it a point that the enemy's focus needed to be me, and that allowed the Sorc to sit back on the side and freecast AOEs all day long. It works both ways, if they focused him and allowed me to just roam then I would have done even more dmg.

Find the balance with your team and play off each other well enough. Quit worrying about numbers. The best players in the game are acknowledging marauders as forces to be reckoned with, and the best marauders themselves are very simply stating they don't need a buff. That should tell you something.

I don't think it's ever been a more fitting time to use this phrase:

Learn to play.

Why should a class that is "melee dps" be stood around acting as a secondary tank, thats clearly the Juggernauts job. Yes you can buff allies, yes, you can charge but these things are irrelevant when your a med armour squishy death trap that cant even pull off 2.5 in the first hit (barring rage spec).

Now compair that to every OTHER melee dps class out there and you can see the imbalance in combat advantage and it is "very" clear what the problem is:

A class like a Maurader needs to have an early advantage and it just doesnt "have" that. It doesnt have a way to slow the enemy that isnt melee range reliant or costs at least 3 rage to cast. It doesnt have an effective method to slam the enemy.

I mean come on, an ability that gives you 5 seconds of 99% ressilance in returnf or 50% of your health... thats a juggernaut ability if I ever saw it, Mauraders dont "need" defencive abilities they're all about "attack".

Instead, you need cloak of pain, undying rage, and saber ward to endure full battlemasters. You need these things not just want but need them to live a few seconds longer and the point is, you shouldnt need them because you shouldnt have to worry about being killed.

Sure, I dont mind taking 50% more damage if I can deal 100% more to my enemy. My class should revolve around hitting harder than the guy whos hitting me, not taking a beating from him like a Beach while he strikes me down for 7K crits in melee (operative refference).

Honestly, thats whats wrong here, this class doesnt feel like a scary class to play in melee and thats bad. When your playing a class thats only advantage is up close and personal and it not only lacks damage but build up to that damage, something, is wrong.

Pro Mauraders? Theres a few out there that have the capacity to faceroll, sure anyone can do that but even that doesnt compensate the majority of casuals saying quite clearly what the problem is. Im not just whining im telling you HOW to fix it.

If this was a pure QQ, there'd be no tangiable proof or method on how to make it better, read and you'll see im clearly making the obvious suggestion.

Mauraders are an offencive class, they need offencive abilities. Im happy to trade out every defencive ability a Maurader has to be able to do 2.5K damage Mauls, because lets face it, the fact an Assassin can pop 2.5K on the FIRST ATTACK and a Maurader cant even hit for higher than 1.7... is Wrong, straight out wrong.

Assassins are made for hit and run, they're made to strike you sneakily then soften you up for others, then go back in and finish you when the laymen have done the work.

This class, this class was designed to hit you like a brickhouse and during beta, thats exactly what it did.

Now it doesnt, and thats unfortunate because there was a time playing this class meant you could hurt people. Now the Sage laughs as I try to hit him for damage while a Vanguard shields him, I hit the Vanguard but the Sage heals them up in no time.

I stick with allies to bring down the class combo and it matters little, these guys have near enough instant cast heals, shields and other defencive abilities that can outdo anything I throw.

Thats wrong, a melee dps class should NEVER have to fear being able to hurt people, you should be able to smack people around for a ****-ton on the first blow.

And if that means giving up defences to hit harder I dont mind that. I dont mind being fragile as long as my glass cannon class can HURT people when im close enough to do just that, which is what it "should" do.

Why should a class that is "melee dps" be stood around acting as a secondary tank, thats clearly the Juggernauts job. Yes you can buff allies, yes, you can charge but these things are irrelevant when your a med armour squishy death trap that cant even pull off 2.5 in the first hit (barring rage spec).

Now compair that to every OTHER melee dps class out there and you can see the imbalance in combat advantage and it is "very" clear what the problem is:

A class like a Maurader needs to have an early advantage and it just doesnt "have" that. It doesnt have a way to slow the enemy that isnt melee range reliant or costs at least 3 rage to cast. It doesnt have an effective method to slam the enemy.

I mean come on, an ability that gives you 5 seconds of 99% ressilance in returnf or 50% of your health... thats a juggernaut ability if I ever saw it, Mauraders dont "need" defencive abilities they're all about "attack".

Instead, you need cloak of pain, undying rage, and saber ward to endure full battlemasters. You need these things not just want but need them to live a few seconds longer and the point is, you shouldnt need them because you shouldnt have to worry about being killed.

Sure, I dont mind taking 50% more damage if I can deal 100% more to my enemy. My class should revolve around hitting harder than the guy whos hitting me, not taking a beating from him like a Beach while he strikes me down for 7K crits in melee (operative refference).

Honestly, thats whats wrong here, this class doesnt feel like a scary class to play in melee and thats bad. When your playing a class thats only advantage is up close and personal and it not only lacks damage but build up to that damage, something, is wrong.

Pro Mauraders? Theres a few out there that have the capacity to faceroll, sure anyone can do that but even that doesnt compensate the majority of casuals saying quite clearly what the problem is. Im not just whining im telling you HOW to fix it.

If this was a pure QQ, there'd be no tangiable proof or method on how to make it better, read and you'll see im clearly making the obvious suggestion.

Mauraders are an offencive class, they need offencive abilities. Im happy to trade out every defencive ability a Maurader has to be able to do 2.5K damage Mauls, because lets face it, the fact an Assassin can pop 2.5K on the FIRST ATTACK and a Maurader cant even hit for higher than 1.7... is Wrong, straight out wrong.

Assassins are made for hit and run, they're made to strike you sneakily then soften you up for others, then go back in and finish you when the laymen have done the work.

This class, this class was designed to hit you like a brickhouse and during beta, thats exactly what it did.

Now it doesnt, and thats unfortunate because there was a time playing this class meant you could hurt people. Now the Sage laughs as I try to hit him for damage while a Vanguard shields him, I hit the Vanguard but the Sage heals them up in no time.

I stick with allies to bring down the class combo and it matters little, these guys have near enough instant cast heals, shields and other defencive abilities that can outdo anything I throw.

Thats wrong, a melee dps class should NEVER have to fear being able to hurt people, you should be able to smack people around for a ****-ton on the first blow.

And if that means giving up defences to hit harder I dont mind that. I dont mind being fragile as long as my glass cannon class can HURT people when im close enough to do just that, which is what it "should" do.

It's painfully obvious to see that you're an undergeared, underexperienced marauder.

Don't call for changes to the class unless you're playing it at its full potential.

The good marauders here are probably reading your posts, scratching their heads and wondering what on Earth you're even talking about.

#clueless

Oh and we can't get a 2.5k jump on someone? What? I suppose, but you could always maybe give this a try:

Charge (if they aren't a knockback class) > deadly sabers while in the air > battering assault > rupture > annihilate

If they did knock you back, force camo and run back to them and apply your slow to break stealth.

Oh, and if you had Frenzy up or already 30 stacks of Fury, pop berzerk so you'd be applying 4 stacks of 1k crit'ing dots by the end of the this rotation. Plus all the direct damage you applied from charge, BS, rupture, and annihilate. Want to get fancy? Pop your power relic/adrenal before rupture and sandwich in the first 2 attacks of ravage before you annihilate. You'll see plenty of burst. Considering how easy it is to build rage in annnihilation, you can just sweeping slash between/during combat to get 30 Fury constantly.

Seriously, learn to play. Your ignorance is overwhelming at this point.