5k Damage Medal

There are actually multiple places to get the 5k medal.

I've gotten it on a guildy guardian that runs WZs in full Rakata gear (in a Huttball of course). I've gotten it on a sniper that had 17k hp (so he can't have been fresh 50). And yes, i've gotten it on the fresh 50 sorcs with 13k that everybody loves to target.

It's about Expertise tbh.

I currently have enough expertise to get 10.76% rating, but my problem is that my gear is a mix of Champ/Cent. Once I get enough extra pieces I can switch out some of the mod/enh to gain more surge. I can hit for ~4.4k with some attacks, just never seen a 5k yet. I guess all in good time I suppose.

I get this medal in almost every level 50 warzone as an Imperial Agent Sniper Marksmanship spec. I don't wear PVP armor and thus have no expertise (although I do have a few pieces of Columi) and yet I perform fairly well in pretty much every warzone I take part in. It's just a matter of knowing what you're doing.

I get this medal in almost every level 50 warzone as an Imperial Agent Sniper Marksmanship spec. I don't wear PVP armor and thus have no expertise (although I do have a few pieces of Columi) and yet I perform fairly well in pretty much every warzone I take part in. It's just a matter of knowing what you're doing.

Troll.

So do you want 5k medal? Ok: modified BM set (assault mod with power and surge and not alacrity/accuracy of BM basic mod) + rakata stims (565 power for 15 sec) + BM relic with power (380 power for 20 sec) + surge rating 75% (bonus by set and not by stims) + flourish shot + aimed shot. Hope for a crit after aimed shot and good luck. Edited by Killalott

So do you want 5k medal? Ok: modified BM set (assault mod with power and surge and not alacrity/accuracy of BM basic mod) + rakata stims (565 power for 15 sec) + BM relic with power (380 power for 20 sec) + surge rating 75% (bonus by set and not by stims) + flourish shot + aimed shot. Hope for a crit after aimed shot and good luck.

this. hard to find ppl in here who actually know what they are doing. well played sir.

So do you want 5k medal? Ok: modified BM set (assault mod with power and surge and not alacrity/accuracy of BM basic mod) + rakata stims (565 power for 15 sec) + BM relic with power (380 power for 20 sec) + surge rating 75% (bonus by set and not by stims) + flourish shot + aimed shot. Hope for a crit after aimed shot and good luck.

Assault is crit/surge, Adept is power/surge, alacrity is Field Medic, Field Tech Gunslingers use. Not everyone is Biochem to get the rakata stims. What set bonus gives surge rating, it is certain not Field Tech?

And most Gunslingers already the how, what, why and when on getting a 5k medal. All we are saying it is a rare event upon which a great many factors need to align to make it possible.

Assault is crit/surge, Adept is power/surge, alacrity is Field Medic, Field Tech Gunslingers use. Not everyone is Biochem to get the rakata stims. What set bonus gives surge rating, it is certain not Field Tech?

And most Gunslingers already the how, what, why and when on getting a 5k medal. All we are saying it is a rare event upon which a great many factors need to align to make it possible.

Once you have ful BM/Rakata it really isnt that rare. Assuming you are biochem, have the power adrenal, and a power relic. I get anhilater at least 1 out of 3 games maybe even more often. Just have to remember to pop your cooldowns on sorcs.

Ok so I've been gearing in PVP with the Field Tech style for my Gunslinger/SS. Is that not the right one? :confused: I've got all Cent gear with 2 pieces of Champion so far.

Something I noticed and bugged too is that they don't have all of the pieces for Field Tech in the vendors, they have them for the others but not that one for whatever reason.

Ok so I've been gearing in PVP with the Field Tech style for my Gunslinger/SS. Is that not the right one? :confused: I've got all Cent gear with 2 pieces of Champion so far.

Something I noticed and bugged too is that they don't have all of the pieces for Field Tech in the vendors, they have them for the others but not that one for whatever reason.

Field Tech is indeed the right set for SS, at least as far as set bonuses go. You're also right that vendors do not have any non-set Field Tech gear, it's the same with PvE gear. I'm not sure if there has been an official answer as to why, it's just how it is. You have to choose between enforcer or medic gear. Generally speaking, medic gear has better stats for pieces that *don't* have alacrity (usually due to higher cunning or more crit/surge), but since most of their pieces *do* have alacrity (useless, avoid it) you'll pick up a lot of enforcer.

Field Tech is indeed the right set for SS, at least as far as set bonuses go. You're also right that vendors do not have any non-set Field Tech gear, it's the same with PvE gear. I'm not sure if there has been an official answer as to why, it's just how it is. You have to choose between enforcer or medic gear. Generally speaking, medic gear has better stats for pieces that *don't* have alacrity (usually due to higher cunning or more crit/surge), but since most of their pieces *do* have alacrity (useless, avoid it) you'll pick up a lot of enforcer.

Ok good, I was thinking it was right also, and going the medic route where there was no set bonus also. I appreciate the help.

do this and you will get 5k aimed shot crits.

• 1 month later...
i am now full bm and a good crit without adrenals, relics is around 4,5-4,8k. i got the 5k medal 3 times now and 300k damage is getting normal these day's

I beg your pardon, I'm sure you meant to say "300k is pretty LAME these day's" :cool: