5k Damage Medal

My Sharpshooter Gunslinger almost never gets the 5k Damage in a Single Blow medal in warzones. He's in half-Champion and half-Centurion PvP gear with 600 Expertise. And unless I am guarding a turret that is constantly under attack, I rarely see the 300k Damage medal, either.

Am I doing something wrong or have the wrong spec? Or is this common? I certainly don't have to get the biggest numbers in a warzone, but when I see others classes achieving it, I start to think I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your input!

My Sharpshooter Gunslinger almost never gets the 5k Damage in a Single Blow medal in warzones. He's in half-Champion and half-Centurion PvP gear with 600 Expertise. And unless I am guarding a turret that is constantly under attack, I rarely see the 300k Damage medal, either.

Am I doing something wrong or have the wrong spec? Or is this common? I certainly don't have to get the biggest numbers in a warzone, but when I see others classes achieving it, I start to think I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your input!

I have yet to achieve the 5k medal myself. Though there was a few rare times I did back to back +4k hits.

The 300k medal depends on how many healers the opposing team has, the more healers the more damage you need to do. No healers then less you need to do. I have ranged from 50k to +500k in warzones.

Like posted, the 5k is pretty hard to get. Don't expect to see it more than once in a blue moon without LOTS of gear, and even then its very rare and very dependent on your enemy being severely ungeared when you have your relics + adrenal + whatever popped.

For 300k, Civil is arguably the worst for hitting 300k because of the long wait period between either you or your enemy getting back into combat and the time spent running around. It also seems to be pretty spread across different servers. A lot of people come here claiming their server matches have half their teams over 300/400k, personally I see a couple people breaking it and most sitting around 200k (on average). Voidstar numbers are largely the highest, but even this requires the game to be slightly "stalemate-y" with one or two good healers and decent defense on both sides. You also get a lot higher numbers on Huttball if you control mid, but even then unless the other team challenges you or the ball spends a lot of time there, you won't see as big of numbers unless it's a long game.

Use your Relic (I use the Crit + Surge), Adrenal (450 Power), and the Cunning stim to help out. Also use Flourish Shot followed by Aimed shot to get 40% armor bypass.

Thanks. I have been doing close to that (minus using an adrenal). Aimed Shot, so far, is the only ability I have managed to hit 5k with. Usually, it's the only one that can hit 2.5k with.

And thanks, all, for the responses. While it's disappointing a pure damage dealing advanced class isn't able to hit 5k/300k without a lot of conditions being met, it's comforting to know I'm not the only one with this issue. :)

I'm almost full BM at this point with rakata stims and adrenal, and as SS, I don't get the 5K unless it's a fresh sorc with flourish shot on him and me with the 15% expertise buff. The PVP set really doesn't have enough surge.

I would say i get it about 1 out of 4 games. Im a gs full bm/rakata. Rakata stim, 565 adrenal, flourish shot, aimed shot on a sorc, is usually how it goes down. allthough keep in mind if they die when you hit them for 5k or above it only counts the amount of hp they have left. (aka what it takes to kill them)

p.s. i roll with the sabslinger spec 23/16/2

Edited by Unversed

Unless you are playing a Guardian/Juggernaut in 1-trick-pony spec you kinda have to go for an undergeared sorc/sage with relic+adrenal+15% expertise buff if you can find one. This pretty much goes for every class in the game except Carnage/Combat specced marauders/sentinels who can pretty much go for any target with low expertise.

I've done it once. I'm a 31 SS spec. I hit a Sorc with Flourish an hit him with an Aimed shot. Used a Champ crit surge relic, Overcharge PVP Adrenal, and the Advanced Skill stim (the one that persists through death)

Im almost half BM and I usually finish WZs 250-310k. Including huttball.

I hit it, 5038, it felt glorious.

What are your stats?

cunning, power, surge

I popped 455 power adrenal and 280 crit surge trinket

Goodmorning :) I am a power hunter tbh and that have helped me a lot to achieve a 5k+ crit with aimshot and only with aimshot ! I have BM trinket with power and champion trinket with power as well..

my max crit i ve seen is 6.4k aimshot while popped power trinket and 15% expertice on a low gear enemy but tbh in 1 every 3-4 wz i get the 5k+ medal.

Unfortunately i am not in my pc right now to link my stats but i am not yet full BM gear tho.

Try the 15% expertice and the BM power trinket (i dont use flurish on target) and reply your results :)

Enjoy!

Goodmorning :) I am a power hunter tbh and that have helped me a lot to achieve a 5k+ crit with aimshot and only with aimshot ! I have BM trinket with power and champion trinket with power as well..

my max crit i ve seen is 6.4k aimshot while popped power trinket and 15% expertice on a low gear enemy but tbh in 1 every 3-4 wz i get the 5k+ medal.

Unfortunately i am not in my pc right now to link my stats but i am not yet full BM gear tho.

Try the 15% expertice and the BM power trinket (i dont use flurish on target) and reply your results :)

Enjoy!

I agree power is where it is at. I also have had 6k+ crits. I roll with the sabslinger spec 23/16/2. Full bm/rakata, it honestly seems like once you get to 1650-1700 unbuffed cunning (with rakata stim on, with around 550 exp.) our class starts hitting insanely hard.

i think my stats are around:(too lazy to go look)

1675 cunning

18405 hp

490 bonus dmg

33% crit

69% surge

Power imo is way more valuable than surge after the nerf. Trick shot also starts to hit hard as well, it seems to scale high with the crit multiplier. You will start to see back to back 4k hits quite often as well. Also with the sabslinger spec, the contingency charges are amazing. Start off flourish shot, leg shot, sab charge, smugglers luck, charged blast(to proc the 1.5 second aimed shot), trickshot finished with speed shot to chew through those contingency charges. Quick draw if need. GOODNIGHT IMPY

I've never managed to get the medal--but I have seen a 5020 and 5200+ dmg pop up (only dmg I do is visible) so know the dmg is possible. Was on a badly geared sorc though that probably just dinged as I'm not a biotech, adrenal junkie or exp pot carrier. I really do hate bugs sometimes as not getting credit on those was disappointing.

I've hit it a few times, but I rarely ever go after the weakest person in a WZ. It's more about going after a healer or the person capping the node.

That said, I did hit a 5900 shot once in Alderaan. I didn't use any expertise stims or adrenals for this hit which is what was weird about it. I can only assume that the guy was geared wearing L20-30s stuff and was a weak class.

Never even come close to that since, even using everything I have access to as a bio...

5k isn't hard really, pop all your stuff, target a Sorc healer or something and you have it. My highest after the nurf is 6.4k on Ambush.

Get 75% crit damage and start stacking power like mad and it is a piece of cake, my biggest issue with this medal is that overkilling does not count, so often a lot of 5k+ damage pot shots get wasted.

5k isn't hard really, pop all your stuff, target a Sorc healer or something and you have it. My highest after the nurf is 6.4k on Ambush.

Get 75% crit damage and start stacking power like mad and it is a piece of cake, my biggest issue with this medal is that overkilling does not count, so often a lot of 5k+ damage pot shots get wasted.

Do you play Sniper by chance? As your terminology lends itself to assume this.

It is easier for a Sniper to achieve the fabled 5k plateau than a Gunslinger. Though combining the MH and OH damage does tend to add up the same value as a Sniper, at least one hopes it does, we just never if rarely get the medal.

Do you play Sniper by chance? As your terminology lends itself to assume this.

It is easier for a Sniper to achieve the fabled 5k plateau than a Gunslinger. Though combining the MH and OH damage does tend to add up the same value as a Sniper, at least one hopes it does, we just never if rarely get the medal.

This just isnt true. It isnt fabled lol i get it atleast once out of 2 games. Look for sorc, pop adrenal, relic, illegal mods, Flourish shot, leg shot instant charged blast(w/smugglers luck) to take off bubble and for 1.5 aimed shot. aimed shot and if i crit hello anhilater medal.

This just isnt true. It isnt fabled lol i get it atleast once out of 2 games. Look for sorc, pop adrenal, relic, illegal mods, Flourish shot, leg shot instant charged blast(w/smugglers luck) to take off bubble and for 1.5 aimed shot. aimed shot and if i crit hello anhilater medal.

You forgot if the star are aligned right and a proper Gnome sacrifice. :D

You forgot if the star are aligned right and a proper Gnome sacrifice. :D

There are actually multiple places to get the 5k medal.

I've gotten it on a guildy guardian that runs WZs in full Rakata gear (in a Huttball of course). I've gotten it on a sniper that had 17k hp (so he can't have been fresh 50). And yes, i've gotten it on the fresh 50 sorcs with 13k that everybody loves to target.

It's about Expertise tbh.