And so the gold/credit sellers begin to strike!

LordShanon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I take the credit and report it as spam - the 2 that I received had text and the mails did not disappear when I took the credit.

The lack of credit sellers is amazing in this game. My previous experience with Rift and EQ2 was awful until SOE and Trion got the spam filters in place. Even with the spam filters I would get between 5 and 10 per play session.

I have gotten 2 or 3 emails since I started in early access and I haven't seen any spam in general chat (not that I look at it often).

I take the credit and report it as spam - the 2 that I received had text and the mails did not disappear when I took the credit.

The lack of credit sellers is amazing in this game. My previous experience with Rift and EQ2 was awful until SOE and Trion got the spam filters in place. Even with the spam filters I would get between 5 and 10 per play session.

I have gotten 2 or 3 emails since I started in early access and I haven't seen any spam in general chat (not that I look at it often).

^This, you can take the cred and still report.

Frustrating......Not even a month into Star Wars The Old Republic and already I have began to receive spam mail to buy in game money.

I would of sworn this was an old post, being you say "not even a month into," being the game has been out almost three months now, but it says you posted it today....

And I started receiving mail in the early access, so this is far from anything new.

Isn't there an easier way to reduce the spam? They could just raise the amount of credits that you are allowed to ship. I REALLY doubt that many farmers would be sending mail if it costs them 500 to 1000 credits a pop.

Then it would really make it worth the extra time to click the icon to take their money. Even if it's only 100 credits I don't think many of them would stick to it, since they would need to raise the price they charge for their easily gotten loot.

But who wouldn't send one of their own characters at least a few hundred if you're leveling it and need quick cash for skills?

On my email I only got 1 mail about credits selling.

But in game I have never seen any message from gold sellers.

In WoW gold sellers were acting like they are worshipped by Blizzard. Reported lots - never banned.

If the OP seriously thinks its bad enough to start QQ'ing about it here in the forums, they should try visiting Org in wow where you have a daily floating orc show where they spell out the goldsellers web site in mid air over by the AH...

"Gold sellers" thrive in player driven economies with top gear being crafted. Crafters buy the gold for mats, adventurers buy the stuff for gear and so on. SWtOR is quest/story driven and everything can be earned. I don't think the farmers will do very well here.

No, they do not. "player driven economy"

EVE? All other sandbox mmos? Gold sellers exist, but the companies crack down on them hard, and in the case of EVE, you can buy PLEX and sell it for in game currency, so the isk sellers are both more expensive and a waste.

I have not seen any credit seller. Why would anyone buy credits in this game? it is so much harder to spend them then to get them. Myself got 6 mil and i'm not even trying to make money. What am i suppose to do with my money? Edited by BadNewzzz

I started receiving these spams about 2 months ago. This is ridiculous! If they did their homework (which they didn't, it seems) they would know that it takes just a few hours of questing, wandering, and then selling found items on the GTN to rack up 10,000 creds. Why pay real money for something that you can earn in just a couple of hours?!

My biggest concern was the fact that there is a single credit attached to the email. It set off a red flag because I recall some story about the previous Star Wars game. Something to do with someone hacking the credit system and generating counterfeit credits. I read an article where crafts-folk (is that a real term?) had been given the counterfeit creds in exchange for goods & services and then logged back on to find out their account had been suspended for dealing with the fake currency. The owners had to send letters to Sony explaining what happened, etc, before they could get the account back on. Now, I'm paraphrasing the whole event, so if I messed it up or got it wrong, I apologize, but I am VERY leery about taking credits from these weirdos. If it's not "counterfeit" then I worry that it may be some type of malware (I am really trying to not sound paranoid) :eek:

I've been encouraging our Guild members to flag it as harassing since I was told that this would get the account suspended - we don't need this kind of trash in our wonderful game, do we? Of course, if no one buys from them, then maybe they will go away for greener pastures. We can hope anyway.

My biggest concern was the fact that there is a single credit attached to the email. It set off a red flag because I recall some story about the previous Star Wars game. Something to do with someone hacking the credit system and generating counterfeit credits.

There are no counterfeit credits in SWTOR. A credit is a credit, and you can safely pocket the 1 credit from the gold spammers, if you so wish.

Begin? Its been happening. You cant stop gold sellers any more than you cant stop the idiots who practically give their passwords to them. Luckily it hasnt been so bad in SWTOR. Ive gotten a few emails (5-10) and maybe a tell or 2 since I started playing on release.

Frustrating......Not even a month into Star Wars The Old Republic and already I have began to receive spam mail to buy in game money. Having played previous mmo's, I can honestly say that this "trend" seems to be something that isn't taken seriously when it comes to dealing with these people.

At $60 a pop for a copy of this game and then 14.99 a month thereafter (after your first 29 days) it's sad that one has to put up with this level of harassment.

Warning these people to cease their actions and stop harassing players who do not want to be bothered in game by these "gold sellers" or "credit sellers" is pointless since they'll just continue doing it anyway. This is and will become a growing problem. Will there be any repercussion for these violators? And is this even considered a violation of terms of service? If not, it should be!

Furthermore a BioWare needs to take a robust stance and ban these violators! Needless to say, this is very disappointing:(

Jesus, calm down. Delete the email, put some water on your face, and chill out.

I seem to recall getting my first credit farmer mail back in beta, of all things. Not exactly sure who would pay for credits on an account that's going to be wiped in a month, but, whatever.

After that, though, I really haven't had much trouble with 'em. I've seen maybe five farmer mails and just reported 'em. Haven't seen a single bot spamming general, even once, and that's a first. Trion was pretty good about keeping the gold farmers at bay, but BW's been doing even better in this regard, it seems. Blocking ALL the farmer spam will probably never really be possible, but BioWare's gotten pretty damn close.