Tired of huttball? Roll Rep.

Kiphere

Consider this a recruitment thread. I'll give you some bonuses for why you should roll Republic then some tips on how to do it and ease the pain a little.

Bonus 1: A lot of us rep folk like playing as tanks and healers, I actually see people getting cranky because they have to re-spec into DPS... you know you just wanna smash faces so we've got room for more DPS on the rep side.

Bonus 2: Half of our quest givers are just insane... not like "I killed a puppy with my tongue" insane but like "The hills are alive with the sound of music!" insane and they're usually pretty funny. C'mon down and get away from some of the emo "You must not only slay the enemy but poop on their corpse" quests.

Bonus 3: Our female NPCs don't all have black mouths and scars. Seriously, Darkside chicks look like they have an STD.

Bonus 4: We have, hands down, the funniest hats. Just look at any sage/assassin not wearing a hood from level 10-40, I swear some of them can get DirecTV from their hats.

Bonus 5: Umm, when I leveled my commando I PVPed extensively while leveling and I think from 1-50 I played maybe 7 huttballs?

Bonus 6: if you go to Ilum you can bet you'll be able to find some one to kill.

Bonus 7: Smugglers get a wookie.

Now, tips for rolling Republic:

Tip 1: Our quests are different on the rep side. You're going to be 'helping' a lot of people. However, if you go Darkside the responses are generally speaking a lot more fun than going lightside as an Emp. You also tend to get through quests faster because you took the "easy" way.

Tip 2: When you get to Nar Shadaa go to the hutt cartel GTN. It's cross faction, take some meaningless item and put it up for sale at some rediculous price, log in your Empire toon and purchase that thing and you just transfered some cash to your republic guy.

Tip 3: Our Social 1 gear is for female characters. if you want to try the "Cybertech+social" route to keep gear you'll want to play a female character that can wear light armor. Gunslingers can also get away with light armor as they tend to not actually get hit much.

Tip 4: if you're rolling from a BH to a Trooper, your first Comp isn't a healer, dont be surprised, you'll get one soon though.

Tip 5: Tell people you're a Emp defector and rerolled to Rep, people will love you because you're helping them by helping to balance the population. I had people offering to run me through flashpoints and heroics left and right.

Tip 6: find that one republic guild you keep seeing in WZs that actually knows what they're doing, talk to them, join them.

Tip 7: don't get frustrated by longer Q times at first. you'd think they'd be faster but Rep, as it stands right now frequently don't have enough people in Q at all to even start a WZ. you'll end up with some incomplete Ops but the more people who follow this recruitment thread, the less of an issue that will be.

Tip 8: If you're rerolling on a new server, don't pick a light pop one it will make you go crazy if you expect to PVP level.

Ultimately you can get an entirely new set of quests and storyline out of going to Republic but one thing I noticed after leveling two guys to 40 on Emp then 1 guy to 50 on Rep is the feeling of "community" is stronger on the republic side. It's not that the people are nicer, there is the same percentage of tools on rep as there is on emp but you can identify them faster since theres less people overall. You end up seeing the same folks A LOT while leveling and PVPing and make friends faster assuming you aren't one of those aforementioned tools :)

Come to the Light Side.

ur probably right but being bad is just so much fun.

Ive played the good guy in a million RPG's.

Playing darkside on the republic side is more satisfying. People are shocked and disgusted when you take the darkside choice and you get this dramatic sad/evil music when you do it.

It feels actually "Evil" to play darkside on the republic. playing darkside on the empire is boring.

Playing darkside on the republic side is more satisfying. People are shocked and disgusted when you take the darkside choice and you get this dramatic sad/evil music when you do it.

It feels actually "Evil" to play darkside on the republic. playing darkside on the empire is boring.

This is so true. I got yelled at by players in a FP once for choosing dark because I was a jedi.

The only problem here is that the Empire Huttball whiners will very quickly realize that Voidstar is so, so, soooooooooo much worse than Huttball.

And half of them will then go back to the Empire never to complain about Huttball again.

Seriously, you don't get it. It isn't a question of one warzone being better than another, it could be the best written, most excellently crafted game-play experience of your life, and if you play it 95% of the time, over and over again, YOU WILL GET SICK OF IT.

Seriously, you don't get it. It isn't a question of one warzone being better than another, it could be the best written, most excellently crafted game-play experience of your life, and if you play it 95% of the time, over and over again, YOU WILL GET SICK OF IT.

The existence and popularity of Call of Duty disproves your theory. They've been doing the exact same thing for like... 3 games.

I just rerolled Rep again on a pve server (not in the mood to get ganked while questing, however rare it is that it happens). But I'm not tired of Huttball. I just figured with the changes coming, gearing up to fight Imps won't be nearly as horrible as it's been, and I really do need to get at least one toon to 50 before I die of old age.

The existence and popularity of Call of Duty disproves your theory. They've been doing the exact same thing for like... 3 games.

Maybe that's why I play an MMO and not CoD. If it wasn't an issue BioWare wouldn't have said "We know this is an issue and will fix it someday but we won't tell you how and we won't tell you when." I'm paraphrasing, of course.

I dont like your fleet it just feels untidy etc jedi do get a nicer starter zone also i know i cant say it now but your gear is kind of samey.

The Jedi starting area is really pretty. Makes up for their storylines starting out sort of bland. Except the companion droid the Jedi Knight gets. Best starter companion ever.

The Jedi starting area is really pretty. Makes up for their storylines starting out sort of bland. Except the companion droid the Jedi Knight gets. Best starter companion ever.

Khem Val > *

Everything else has no personality at all compared to him.

I dont like your fleet it just feels untidy etc jedi do get a nicer starter zone also i know i cant say it now but your gear is kind of samey.

Emp gear does look "cooler" in general but gunslingers have, imo, the best lookin lvl 50 gear in the game. Top teir Jedi are actually pretty hot too, once you get past the 49 levels of brown dresses the gear really picks up in it's appearance.

As far as stories, I've done through Act 1 on most classes now.

Jedi Consular: Intro rocks, Act 1 is meh.

Smuggler: Intro is fun especially if you go darkside, the dialogue just rocks. Act 1 is pretty good.

Commando: Intro is boring imo and your first companion is a schmuck. Act 1 starts off slow but the last half of it is freakin awesome.

jedi Knight: havn't done it.

Now.. compared to Emp side. Sith warrior and inquisitor were both sort of emo to me. Bounty hunter was crap on the intro but decent through act 1. IA has the best story in the game through act 1 and act 2 was just getting better.

This isn't a thread about how huttball sucks, it's about how people are tired of playing huttball ALL the time. Voidstar is actually really fun with a team that knows how to play. it's just frustrating with people who don't but that can be said about most of the WZs right now. I personally like huttball, I like variety more.

I would but the problem is I'd be throing away 60 valor and starting over, and I do not want to g through that grind again. If I could transfer my 60 Valor on a Jugg to fresh 50 Guardian, I would in a heartbeat.

You wont feel that way for long. valor is going to become increasingly easy to get after the next patch and probably even easier after 1.2.

for better or worse they want gear to not matter as much so they don't want there to be such a huge gear gap in PVP. I agree with the sentiment but it's a hamfisted 'fix' that invalidates peoples hardwork to get that advantage, now people will get the same stuff those prior to them did with much less work and those that busted tail will have nothing to show for the work comparatively. Sucks but it falls into that 'early adopter' scenario so oh well. Anything that makes PVP 'better' overall is a good thing to me. But.. that's a different thread.

Roll Rep, we have cookies and 9 out of 10 of them aren't poison!

On my server there are lots of Rep vs Rep Huttball matches daily (50, idk about pre-50). We need more imps to queue.

in the 50 bracket I noticed sometimes the Q gets in a weird funk. There will be 2 groups on both sides queueing both playing against themselves in Huttball.

Bonus 1: A lot of us rep folk like playing as tanks and healers, I actually see people getting cranky because they have to re-spec into DPS... you know you just wanna smash faces so we've got room for more DPS on the rep side.

Very true. My server is drowning in tanks. Healers are still a little rarer, but we find ourselves looking for DPS more often than not, since most tanks usually come pre-paired with a healer.

Bonus 2: Half of our quest givers are just insane... not like "I killed a puppy with my tongue" insane but like "The hills are alive with the sound of music!" insane and they're usually pretty funny. C'mon down and get away from some of the emo "You must not only slay the enemy but poop on their corpse" quests.

Roll a Smuggler. Play through that story. You'll meet all sorts of fun type. :D

Bonus 3: Our female NPCs don't all have black mouths and scars. Seriously, Darkside chicks look like they have an STD.

Agreed. Thank goodness for that 'hide sith corruption' option. I like to keep my dark side tendencies to myself. Keep those sadistic feelings in your heart and off your face!

Bonus 4: We have, hands down, the funniest hats. Just look at any sage/assassin not wearing a hood from level 10-40, I swear some of them can get DirecTV from their hats.

YESH! Look at any Sage tier gear! If you want to have a golden sun permanently setting behind your head, then this is the place to be.

Bonus 7: Smugglers get a wookie.

And he WILL rip arms off.

Bonus 5: Umm, when I leveled my commando I PVPed extensively while leveling and I think from 1-50 I played maybe 7 huttballs?

Bonus 6: if you go to Ilum you can bet you'll be able to find some one to kill.

Don't roll Rep on my server (Sanctum of the Exalted). We outnumber Imps by a ton. So, pick your server wisely. I find myself in Huttball about 7 out of 10 matches.

I'm too lazy to comment on the tips also, so I'll just skip to this:

Ultimately you can get an entirely new set of quests and storyline out of going to Republic but one thing I noticed after leveling two guys to 40 on Emp then 1 guy to 50 on Rep is the feeling of "community" is stronger on the republic side. It's not that the people are nicer, there is the same percentage of tools on rep as there is on emp but you can identify them faster since theres less people overall. You end up seeing the same folks A LOT while leveling and PVPing and make friends faster assuming you aren't one of those aforementioned tools :)

Come to the Light Side.

I have to agree with this. Republic on our server has an amazing community. We're constantly setting up events ranging from massive take-overs of Imperial bases, to swoop racing, to cross-faction RP nights at the Nar Shadaa cantina. You really get to know a lot of these people.

Honestly, though, I just rolled an Imperial. :p