The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Biometric Crystal Alloy for non-pve players

Donreidy

Have to agree with alot of people here.

You have chosen not to PvE, which is perfectly fine. You can obtain all your PvP gear through PvPing, why should you be entitled to something which was designed for PvE if you don't PvE?

If I choose not to PvP I wouldn't expect to have access to any PvP gear!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with alot of people here.

You have chosen not to PvE, which is perfectly fine. You can obtain all your PvP gear through PvPing, why should you be entitled to something which was designed for PvE if you don't PvE?

If I choose not to PvP I wouldn't expect to have access to any PvP gear!

Crafting is not PVE its crafting, the fact that it requires doing HM flashpoints is a design flaw in my opinion. Looking foward to the dropping of BOP restrictions, hope it applies to this as well.

You can hardly say stim packs and healing kits are limited to PVE. Crafting makes things, and are used in all aspects of the game, space PVE PVP cosmetic.

hai. the alloys are bop cause they are a reward for completing hard mode flashpoints... you need this reward for certain crafting items so that crafters who don't pve aren't as rewarded as crafters who do. your frustration is by design. it is meant to motivate you to play the game, overcome the challenge, reap the reward and enjoy the status. it's the whole point of playing an mmo. the whole point. if you don't get that you don't get life.

Do you learn crafting/gathering skills in a PvP area or a PvE area?

Do you get crafting schematics from doing PvP or PvE? (not counting from gathering missions)

Do you get crafting materials from PvP or PvE?

I get all these from simply standing on the fleet. Now is the fleet a pvp or pve area?

On a side note, Esseles is widely considered the hardest hardmode on the Republic side. Please stop assuming that just because Black Talon is super easy, so is Esseles.

Whatever. I solo that ***** 8 times a week. :p

I'm thinking the same as op. There gotta be a way to get this alloy somehow through pvp too. We don't even need much, 2-3 tops. Why not make it obtainable through pvp vendors for commendations (I dunno, 200 of each like a champ bag?). Groups are hard to find, if this game had a wow-like lfg tool, then sure, only lazy ppl wouldn't have it, but it doesn't and trying to get into a group like this on my freshly dinged character is near impossible.

I agree with the topic starter. Also, considering that Rakata + BM gear combo offers better results than just BM for PvP, it would be very nice to have a way of getting Rakata gear through PvP means. No matter the cost, just give us that chance.

I just cancelled my account because of this BS.

I want to obtain a few pieces of this for PVP purposes but the PVE snobs wont let me play in their reindeer games because I dont have the proper toys to play along.

So I take my ball and go home. (And my 90 day recurring subscription with me)

I still have 43 days left. Either Bioware can make it so I can obtain this piece without having to PVE to death by making it sellable. (Ill pay 1 mil for a piece). They can make it obtainable in PVP bags, or expensive to buy like those pricey mounts. ANYTHING other than this nonsense.

Just spent an hour being wiped continually in HM flashpoint because it was 3 assasssins 1 Merc and apparently it wasnt the lack of DPS in the group that caused this. It was because I have full Champ PVP gear. Thats why we wiped. (Sarcasm off)

Edited by macnernie

I want to obtain a few pieces of this for PVP purposes but the PVE snobs wont let me play in their reindeer games because I dont have the proper toys to play along.

I still have 43 days left. Either Bioware can make it so I can obtain this piece without having to PVE to death by making it sellable. (Ill pay 1 mil for a piece). They can make it obtainable in PVP bags, or expensive to buy like those pricey mounts. ANYTHING other than this nonsense.

Just spent an hour being wiped continually in HM flashpoint because it was 3 assasssins 1 BH and apparently it wasnt the lack of DPS in the group that caused this. It was because I have full Champ PVP gear. Thats why we wiped. (Sarcasm off)

this isn't written out of spite, or sarcasm, but honest to god advice, I hope you will listen:

find 3 more buddies who are only interested in pvp, and go run BT HM. the instance takes 30 minutes tops, and completely doable in pvp gear.

in 4 days, each of you will have an alloy - for a total vested time of 2 hours. I dare say you probably spend more than that PVP'ing.

(Ill pay 1 mil for a piece). They can make it obtainable in PVP bags, or expensive to buy like those pricey mounts. ANYTHING other than this nonsense.

also, if you're truly willing to pay an absurd amount for an alloy, here's a much easier way to get them:

• find your server forum (yeah, they suck, but it is what it is).
  • make you thread
  • "I will pay ____K for an alloy, if you bring me in for boss kill"

there are plenty of people who don't need anything from normal mode bosses, specially fights like Infernal Council in EV8. you go in, you fight a normal mob, you collect your 2 alloys.

i'm sure there are more than enough guilds who would be willing to take your money.

Just spent an hour being wiped continually in HM flashpoint because it was 3 assasssins 1 Merc and apparently it wasnt the lack of DPS in the group that caused this. It was because I have full Champ PVP gear. Thats why we wiped. (Sarcasm off)

The day I hit 50 I got the first of 3 alloys that I needed for my biochem stuff and the next day I got the other 2. They are really easy to get for minimal effert already....

Edited by Remulan

The day I hit 50 I got the first of 3 alloys that I needed for my biochem stuff and the next day I got the other 2. They are really easy to get for minimal effert already....

So obviously I am the problem. Because everyone gets 3 alloys on DAY 1.

Nevermind I have ran HM BT 6 times with no luck. Its not like you do it and you get it. You do it and you GET A CHANCE @ getting it.

So save the whole I GOT IT ON DAY 1 Bull$*%T. That's an anomaly, not the rule ....

So obviously I am the problem. Because everyone gets 3 alloys on DAY 1.

Nevermind I have ran HM BT 6 times with no luck. Its not like you do it and you get it. You do it and you GET A CHANCE @ getting it.

So save the whole I GOT IT ON DAY 1 Bull$*%T. That's an anomaly, not the rule ....

you should really join a guild.

and if you're in a guild, and they're rolling against you on that, you probably need a more friendly guild.

if those aren't to your liking, then yeah, MMORPG may not be for you.

Obviously this is not the game for me.

I love Star Wars. I love PVP. And I am in a guild. But most members of my guild are strictly PVP players. I dont know if I could round up enough people to get this accomplished or not. Either way I am frustrated mostly because I feel the PVE crowd doesnt want to let me play because I have full Champ gear instead of the PVE purples they sport. I have a custom spec for PVP that works for me. (Champion Stalker gear (DPS) and full Darkness spec (Tank)) And these same geniuses blamed me and my lack of DPS for the continual wipe in a HM because we cant kill the boss fast enough. (Nevermind there were 2 more Assassins playing whos base DPS was lower than mine. Apparently that doesnt matter, I am the problem)

Obviously this is not the game for me.

I love Star Wars. I love PVP. And I am in a guild. But most members of my guild are strictly PVP players. I dont know if I could round up enough people to get this accomplished or not. Either way I am frustrated mostly because I feel the PVE crowd doesnt want to let me play because I have full Champ gear instead of the PVE purples they sport. I have a custom spec for PVP that works for me. (Champion Stalker gear (DPS) and full Darkness spec (Tank)) And these same geniuses blamed me and my lack of DPS for the continual wipe in a HM because we cant kill the boss fast enough. (Nevermind there were 2 more Assassins playing whos base DPS was lower than mine. Apparently that doesnt matter, I am the problem)

well, that's a separate issue all together. there's no damage meter in game, so there's no way to tell who's the deadweight, so there's a lot of blame game being thrown around.

you really need a group of people who are tolerant of that to continue to be a good team, because the bottom line is, skill will always be more important than gear.

i personally much prefer a pvp player to bring with me to PvE, because the people who love pvp, tend to pay a lot more attention. "oh damn, i'm taking damage, what from? i should do something about that" "oh damn, that guy is casting a [move of doom], i should interrupt that".

anyways, i'm sorry about your experience. i like the game, but i think it's very very far from perfect, and it has a lot of room for improvement.

if your MAIN issue with the game is with the alloy though, i would say you should try out some of my suggestions.

Personally I don't see the big deal making any crafting material attainable multiple ways. Some pvpers still enjoy crafting and not like an extra way to get them would break the game as long as difficulty achieving them is about the same.

For example blue mats are HM flashpoint main bosses and op bosses. Would not be too difficult to add a "pvp crew skills vendor" where they cost similar to a Champ bag (or more especially after 1.15 pvp patch makes medals easier) as time invested is usually longer to get that then finish most HMs or kill first several op bosses. Or better yet make them purchasable by champion tokens (about 50) as then must choose between crafting an item or purchasing a pvp piece. Would at least leave an option for pvpers to get them reliably if time consuming outside of PvE.

By that same token the epic crafting mat could be purchased using say a full 1000/1000 merc/warzone tokens as well as BM token trade-ins of a particular number. Nothing game breaking allowing another possibility as long as a corresponding investment is given to balance it.

We also need to take into consideration that crafting as it stands doesn't even require PvE or pvp either one until level 50--at which point some mats are only attainable by HMs and ops. A pvper could just as easily purchase mats or run missions to get a skill to 400 and only then does he realize he is denied access to some of his recipes (rakata--other similar schematics though require some PvE to obtain from WB to HM and ops).

As an avid raider and pvper both I don't see why some people oppose such a possibility so vehemently especually since crafting till Rakata recipes have no PvE only obtainable mats.

Edited by Eldyraen

Personally I don't see the big deal making any crafting material attainable multiple ways. Some pvpers still enjoy crafting and not like an extra way to get them would break the game as long as difficulty achieving them is about the same.

For example blue mats are HM flashpoint main bosses and op bosses. Would not be too difficult to add a "pvp crew skills vendor" where they cost similar to a Champ bag (or more especially after 1.15 pvp patch makes medals easier) as time invested is usually longer to get that then finish most HMs or kill first several op bosses. Or better yet make them purchasable by champion tokens (about 50) as then must choose between crafting an item or purchasing a pvp piece. Would at least leave an option for pvpers to get them reliably if time consuming outside of PvE.

Basically my point. I have 2 level 50's and each has a 400 crafting skill. (Artifice & Biochem) I enjoy crafting. I even have about 4 pages of wares constantly up for sale on my Artificer who @ this point is nothing but my crafting bot. (A 50 Jugg, my first character) But I am here to PVP. And I see no harm in having this Alloy available for purchase with PVP medals. I think the price should be high. 50 champ tokens isn't cheap when its going to take 8 Champ Bags to hit this mark. So its not like we would be getting this for nothing. It would take effort. But at least give the option.

i personally don't have a problem with pvp means to get alloy. like others have pointed out, crafting isn't pve or pvp specific.

i think there's the bias to think that it's pve, because you can't use alloy to craft pvp items.

anyways, i'm in favor of greater access to all on all things. pvp token that you can use to trade in for pve item? sure (champion token for columi gear, BM token for Rakata gear, etc).

both require a good amount of time invested.

hell, i'd love to be able to use some columi tokens to get some champion gear. having to spend hours to grind up to get the gear level, pretty much makes pvp uninviting to me, probably the same reason why the pvp people don't want to grind out pve gear to be able to raid.

In a word...NO!

How about we just start handing out PVP rewards in FP's and Ops as well then? Like Every boss has a chance to drop a champion bag.

See how stupid that sounds?

want to craft? run a few hardmodes, otherwise deal with it.

This response makes no sense, crafting isn't something that's restricted to PVE vs PVP like gear is designed to be.

You run hard-modes to get your PvE gear.

We run our Warzones to get our PvP gear.

That's the line between PvP and PvE.

The Biometric alloy is something that should be given to PvP and PvE players doing what they want to do, especially since the Biometric craftables are very effective in PvP and PvE.

You run PVP Wzones and can compete in PVE with it...

I run PVE and get my arse handed to me in PVP with the gear...!!

Day i get PVP (expertise) gear from PVE will be the day YOU get PVE items doing PVP...

Same old story with PVP'ers....

I mean it's bad enough that you can level a toon to 50 in Warzones alone without ANY armour DECAY....

Now you want craft items as well.

LOL is all i can say.

You run PVP Wzones and can compete in PVE with it...

I run PVE and get my arse handed to me in PVP with the gear...!!

Day i get PVP (expertise) gear from PVE will be the day YOU get PVE items doing PVP...

Same old story with PVP'ers....

I mean it's bad enough that you can level a toon to 50 in Warzones alone without ANY armour DECAY....

Now you want craft items as well.

LOL is all i can say.

Crafting is crafting. Its not PVE, its not PVP. Ergo the acquisition of Bio Alloy shouldn't be pigeonholed into PVE. At worst make it Bind On Equip. If it MUST be PVE then make it for sale.

LOL @ Armor Decay. Does anyone even care about this pittance? I didn't think it was a big deal leveling up my first 50 which was PVE the entire way. (Wanted to see a class quest story & get the feel of the game play before dipping my toe in PVP waters)