Watch in what order? 4,5,6,1,2,3 vs 1-6

Qonor

How do you watch 'em? If you had to sit down and watch all six episodes again, perhaps with someone who has not seen them all yet or only some of them, in what order would you show them the series, and why?! Imagine it's maybe your kids or gf/wife for the first time. :D

How do you watch 'em? If you had to sit down and watch all six episodes again, perhaps with someone who has not seen them all yet or only some of them, in what order would you show them the series, and why?! Imagine it's maybe your kids or gf/wife for the first time. :D

just watch 3-4-5-6

1-2 are pointless and boring.

4-6 then 1-3. NO QUESTION!!! Especially with kids involved. there was a very good post a while back about this very thing. Father and his daughter watched episodes 4-6 first and she LOVED them. They then watched E1 and she was bored. They eventually watched 2 and 3 as well which she liked more than E1 but not as much as E4-6

the point is NEVER show E1 first to a "newbie"

Has to be 4,5,6 if they have never seen them before. After all 'I'am your Father' is kinda rubbish if you've already watched 1,2,3. Plus if you make them start watching at 1 and 2 they probably won't want to watch anymore

My wife was far more surprised about the events of RotS than I was in the 'No, I am your father.' scene.

My wife was far more surprised about the events of RotS than I was in the 'No, I am your father.' scene.

That's probably true. It's all about first time viewing I guess. If you watch 1,2,3 first it ruins some great moments in 4,5 and 6. The same as if you watch 4,5 and 6 first i'm sure it ruins moments in 1,2 and 3 too i guess. It would be interesting to know how i would view the films as a whole if the first time that i watched the films was in the order 1-6

the point is NEVER show E1 first to a "newbie"

I watched Episode 1 first and ended up enjoying the prequels a whole lot more than the originals, whilst still being a fan. On this note, which three you want first will probably have an affect on which you prefer but I reckon that you can watch them in any order.

The next debate is if you should watch the Clone Wars series after Episode 2 and then watch Episode 3.

I have a 4 month old son (my first child) and I can't decide in which order to show him the movies.

I'm leaning to 4,5,6 first so that I can see that moment of shock when he finds out who Luke's father is, but on the other hand, that would make watching 1,2,3 considerably less interesting.

To avoid spoilers:

You basically just get a long flashback in the middle to explain the story of Anakin Skywalker after Vader's identity is revealed. Then you still finish with the true ending to the series, and only spoil the Luke Leia relation by 40 minutes or so.

To avoid spoilers:

You basically just get a long flashback in the middle to explain the story of Anakin Skywalker after Vader's identity is revealed. Then you still finish with the true ending to the series, and only spoil the Luke Leia relation by 40 minutes or so.

You could start with the first one though, it still fits nicely with the plot in 4

To avoid spoilers:

Never thought about that - interesting and unique perspective

To avoid spoilers:

Not a bad suggestion at all.

4,5 and 6 are best watched first, then watch 1,2 and 3 not thinking of them as prequels but origin stories much like x-men: wolverine and x-men: first class. As its been said, watching 1,2 and 3 first gives away a lot of the big plot twists of the series.

If I'm watching it with someone that has never watched Star Wars (which has happened three times now), I say, "Finish this sentence," then in my best Darth Vader voice, I say, "No, Luke..."

If they finish the sentence, we watch them 1-6. If they can't, then it's 4-6, 1-3.

So far, I've never met anyone that doesn't already know Vader's big line, so there are no spoilers to worry about.

I have a 4 month old son (my first child) and I can't decide in which order to show him the movies.

I'm leaning to 4,5,6 first so that I can see that moment of shock when he finds out who Luke's father is, but on the other hand, that would make watching 1,2,3 considerably less interesting.

Why would you ever put your son through the agonizing boring 1,2,3 movies?

If anything let him watch 4,5 and 6 twice. Better yet, 4 twice, 5 thrice and 6 once.

I'm not trying to troll or anything, I just despise the prequels, I can't see any redeeming features in them.

In a few years your son would thank you.

Watch 4, 5, 6 ---- 1, 2, 3 were just a bad dream we all shared in our collective unconsciousness

My friend and I are doing Machete Order (4-5-2-3-6) today/tonight/well after midnight... even tho we've both seen them a million times over, I'm looking forward to this. It seems like a much more satisfying way of telling the story (besides, every villain needs to have a woe is me flashback!).