Dots no longer helpful in defense???????

TyrantLeader

one of the worst decisions they have made yet -- because my cleanse on a 5 sec cool down wasn't good enough.

pvp is situational, if you go to cap a point and you don't have a cleanse on a short cd or another player with you who does then maybe you get dotted and can't cap, so what.... next time maybe your cleanse is up and you get the cap or maybe your buddy sage with the 5 sec cd cleanses you and you cap (how do you think we were doing it before)

Now no matter what the cap will take place, it just kind of dumbs things down a bit

Also a question, does this include dot aoe skill as well (like that fire skill)because technically that should not int ppl anymore either.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the worst decisions they have made yet -- because my cleanse on a 5 sec cool down wasn't good enough.

pvp is situational, if you go to cap a point and you don't have a cleanse on a short cd or another player with you who does then maybe you get dotted and can't cap, so what.... next time maybe your cleanse is up and you get the cap or maybe your buddy sage with the 5 sec cd cleanses you and you cap (how do you think we were doing it before)

Now no matter what the cap will take place, it just kind of dumbs things down a bit

Also a question, does this include dot aoe skill as well (like that fire skill)because technically that should not int ppl anymore either.

Wrong. 21s dots interrupting caps are stupid. There is nothing skillfull about it. Telling me I have to carry a pocket healer to cleanse me is stupid when I solo sorcs and lethality snipers and cant cap or heal and see them fly right back to the point over and over. If I put your face in the dirt two-three times without healing, being solo, and I'm not allowed to cap because all you do is fly in and fire a 21s dot and get curbstomped by me, then I deserve the cap.

Now, sages have to stop dotting and hiding behind a pillar. Now they actually have to man up and come out to prevent me from capping the point and actually have to fight me. Same as Lethality snipers. Now the game is smartening up, not dumbing down-because 21s interrupting even while dead was dumbed down.

And I play classes/specs that either cannot cleanse entirely, or can only cleanse tech.

How is this a good change? IT renders two out of the three WZ's useless. Voidstar will be over in minutes, all you need is the whole team to rush the door and click on it. Someone will eventually get it because you now have to single target to stop them.

The whole team clicking means the whole team dying.

Anyone who is against this change probably don't want things to be harder on them. Damage over time interrupting a node capture is idiotic for several reasons. AOE damage interrupting node capture is also idiotic.

Player skill is more than just being able to press buttons. Positioning, platforming, presicion targeting, timing and strategic use of crowd control abilities all contribute to player skill.

Placing a 21 second dot on someone which prevents them from capping should be obvious enough to not warrent an explaination. What skill is there in this exactly? Tab, dot, tab, dot, tab, dot.

Anyone who is against this change probably don't want things to be harder on them. Damage over time interrupting a node capture is idiotic for several reasons. AOE damage interrupting node capture is also idiotic.

Player skill is more than just being able to press buttons. Positioning, platforming, presicion targeting, timing and strategic use of crowd control abilities all contribute to player skill.

Placing a 21 second dot on someone which prevents them from capping should be obvious enough to not warrent an explaination. What skill is there in this exactly? Tab, dot, tab, dot, tab, dot.

So you'd prefer auto capping on void star by simply Zerg clicking the doors. Way to play!

AOE damage interrupting node capture is also idiotic.

This I disagree with; AoE damage should interrupt and as a team you can deal with AoE damage by harassing the defender who is doing it. Most AoE's are also on longer timer than dots.

Good players just used to remove the DoT's and carry on as normal.

This is why I think it's a poor decision to implement. There is ALREADY tools that let you cleanse your dots away. This only teaches them to PLAY BETTER and use the tools given to them.

I enjoyed the tactic of dotting to delay a cap(even if it just stops them once until they cleanse it) and wish think they should rethink this change.

lol what a tool. yes, now you can just go and stack 8 guys on the door (since you can stand INSIDE other people) and just have everyone click the door. I'd say after about 10 seconds if not less one of you will get your cap. And even easier to uncap since its only 3 seconds to disarm. Yah, you propose great fun. BW shoudl totally listen to you.

lol what a tool. yes, now you can just go and stack 8 guys on the door (since you can stand INSIDE other people) and just have everyone click the door. I'd say after about 10 seconds if not less one of you will get your cap. And even easier to uncap since its only 3 seconds to disarm. Yah, you propose great fun. BW shoudl totally listen to you.

Right, so dots are the only thing that's preventing this.

Right, so dots are the only thing that's preventing this.

it is one thing that prevents it. I cannot cycle through 8 people and tap hammer shot on each of them to prevent a cap. a dot lets me keep doing damage to one, while i target the next one to prevent a cheesy cap. And AE helps too.

it is one thing that prevents it. I cannot cycle through 8 people and tap hammer shot on each of them to prevent a cap. a dot lets me keep doing damage to one, while i target the next one to prevent a cheesy cap. And AE helps too.

Oh, so you can't cycle targets to hammer shot, but you can cycle through them to dot them up?

P.S. http://www.torhead.com/ability/cj0sTEg/explosive-round

I think the idea that DoTs no longer stop caps is a good thing. Yesterday, I failed to solo hold a point and died to the 2 who came with a coordinated attack on me. I dotted them both before I died and was able to speeder back to continue preventing them from taking it until my team arrived.

This may be answered somewhere in here but can someone tell me...

Will my initial damage of my DoT skills still interrupt caps? Just not the tics, correct? I am all DoT spec, so if not, I would never be able to keep a point from being taken at all as very few of my skills are direct damage with no DoT.

Because that's what happens against teams that don't have dots... o wait. :rolleyes: AoEs still work. You just can't defend from the grave anymore.

Learn to read nooblet.

The person I was quoting wants AoE damage not to stop caps too...

They want it to be a click spamathon.

Edited by Gwal

Why don't you read the quote he is responding too before gracing us with your ignorance?

Like this one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calei

So ignoring the person that is DoTing you and having 6 people swarm a door, while the other team is stuck behind the lol-RNG force field in Voidstar IS skill?

It's soooo haaaaarrrrd to kill one person when you've got 5-6 people. Apparently it's hard to remove Tech DoTs, too, when 3 out of 8 classes can do it.

Also for the 20th time there's only one DoT that lasts 21 seconds, and it has a 10 second cooldown, only hits up to 3 people and is restricted to ONE class/spec, which happens to also be the least played class/spec in the game.

Edited by savionen

Killing one person who has DoTs is apparently too hard for 5 people.

oh they kill him. but they are all dotted and can't take the objective before he comes back from the dead. sorry your ez mode defender cheese is getting nerfed bro i really am.

oh they kill him. but they are all dotted and can't take the objective before he comes back from the dead. sorry your ez mode defender cheese is getting nerfed bro i really am.

As I said in the other thread... how did you let one person DoT all 5 people? It'd take 7.5 seconds. That means you just ignored him for 7.5 seconds?

As I said in the other thread... how did you let one person DoT all 5 people? It'd take 7.5 seconds. That means you just ignored him for 7.5 seconds?

an agent can dot 5 people with a single gcd.

a mar has guarded by the force to allow him to tab and dot everyone in the area.

a pyrotech has a shield and heavy armor as he tab targets and places a dot

etc etc

yeah that person dies but their ez mode dots made it so the objective is still defended while no one is actively there.