Will you still PVP after Daily Rewards are Removed Next Patch?

Icysunx

Bioware is removing the bag system in 1.1.5 and replacing it with a commendation system when the next patch hits, these notes are not in the patch notes as of yet but are currently on the PTR.

For BM gear it is 1000/1000 wz/merc per BM Commendation not piece of gear

For Champion Gear it is 125 wz per Champion Commendation

There are no longer any bags that drop from the dailies or weeklies, based on my testing.

Edited by Icysunx

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware is removing the bag system in 1.1.5 and replacing it with a commendation system when the next patch hits, these notes are not in the patch notes as of yet but are currently on the PTR.

There are no longer any bags that drop from the dailies or weeklies, based on my testing.

How would you get the gear without PVPing?

At least this is a predictable grind - and perhaps now the "flee in event of possible loss" syndrome will be lessened.

sounds like they're getting rid of useless marks, you were trading in marks for marks to get a bag that had more marks what the **** was the point of it all?

1000/1000? Pretty rediculous.

A good WZ on average gives 100 WZ comms. Since Mercenary comms are broken or w/e you need to swap WZ to get them.

1000 Merc = 3000 WZ

+1000 regular WZ

= 4000 WZ

/ 100 = 40 games for one commendation

40 * 3 = 120 games for BM saber

Good i'm already 4/5 and got my BM saber. I suppose I can get full BM before this stupid system is implemented.

So they've done what most people on this thread were complaining about and removed RNG. This should get a lot of PVPers happy. But then again, they won't be, because this is the internet and why go online when you can complain?

Question: in Warzones, did they tweak the commendation gain at all? I read a dev post a few weeks back where they said that they wanted to reward fighting to win warzones (as opposed to RNG and just doing dailies). As it stands now, this is a huge nerf to Battlemaster armor gain. I wonder if they'll increase the rate of commendation gain as a result.

A good WZ on average gives 100 WZ comms. Since Mercenary comms are broken or w/e you need to swap WZ to get them.

1000 Merc = 3000 WZ

+1000 regular WZ

= 4000 WZ

Good i'm already 4/5 and got my BM saber. I suppose I can get full BM before this stupid system is implemented.

120 games for a BM saber is unacceptable. That's a insane grind.

Maybe the dailies and weeklies will start giving you a generous amount of wz commendations to supplement the grind, maybe not making it such a tedious task.

My solution would likely be to have a flat valor cap before you can obtain the gear and then limit it to the same price as the current champion bags at 200/200. 1000/1000 seems extremely high but who knows I figure I will continue playing and see how 1.2 turns out

There is something fundamentally wrong with so many "PvPers" in SWTOR.

You PvP to pit yourself against the enemy, hopefully in an even fight, and try to prevail.

I have never given a damn about the Daily/Weekly quests, they are just a bonus I get while im PvPin.

Seriously if you don't PvP because you enjoy fighting the enemy just don't PvP.

Also I'm pretty sure they are NOT removing bags in 1.1.5. On the Test server forums there is a post stating that the 1000/1000 comms for 1 BM comm is an EXTRA way to get comms other then your dailies and weeklies.

1.2 will remove bags AFAIK.

Edited by Acindo

There is something fundamentally wrong with so many "PvPers" in SWTOR.

You PvP to pit yourself against the enemy, hopefully in an even fight, and try to prevail.

I have never given a damn about the Daily/Weekly quests, they are just a bonus I get while im PvPin.

Seriously if you don't PvP because you enjoy fighting the enemy just don't PvP.

Also I'm pretty sure they are NOT removing bags in 1.1.5. On the Test server forums there is a post stating that the 1000/1000 comms for 1 BM comm is an EXTRA way to get comms other then your dailies and weeklies.

1.2 will remove bags AFAIK.

I'm a hardcore PvPer myself since many many years and I have to say that in this game, getting gear IS the only thing I care about. Which is pretty sad because as you have pointed out, PvP is something you do for fun and to measure yourself against the opponent and all that stuff.

But then again, what do we gain from PvP in TOR? Why put time and effort into something if you don't get recognition? Cause that's exactly the problem with TOR. In WoW you have a sheet with your lifetime kills for example. This is something that kept me playing. Racking up my kills and showing who's the top killer on my faction and in the meantime gain prestigious titles for every milestone.

In TOR you really don't get any recognition at all. You live from game to game and the only recognition is the score sheet at the end of the match, which no one really cares about.

So yes, gear is the only form of recognition in this game in terms of PvP. And that's why so many people don't give a rat's *** about anything else. Sad but true.

I'm just say in general if mmorpg companies idea of keeping customers is by making long grinds in pvp without making them fun, then I don't see many people bothering with pvp grinding. I certainly won't grind 120 games just for one piece of gear cause BW wants to prolong the grind to keep people paying the subs longer.

1000 Merc = 3000 WZ

+1000 regular WZ

= 4000 WZ

gives me extra incentive to get bm quick!

Why are people complaining about the grind? It actually gives you a long term goal.

You should only be pvping if you enjoy it anyways. Do you need a new saber right now to increase your enjoyment? L2 MMO timesink

I don't mind if I don't get new stuff when you just turn 50, but I'm not going to grind pvp points like I did in wow with no pvp gear and just getting own by people in top pvp gear. It isn't fun getting stomp on for couple weeks or months.

So in other words Ilum will be ever more worthless once there is no longer a daily and weekly for it. I guess that is one way to hide that utter failure :) 4k WZ commendations for the BM commendation seems a bit excessive. When you consider that some items take three BM commendations...

Anyone know if there will be trading up marks? Ie cent for champ, champ for bm.

Id like to see this also. We should be able to trade all comms around - there needs to be a way to use the redundant comms, either for stims and medpacs or gear!!

So in other words there going to make it alot harder to get BM gear so all the already full BM Geared scrubs can keep on roflstomping the lower geared players... Bioware seriously needs to work on balancing this game. So far im half cent half champ gear and as a healer(merc) im having massive probs healing thru BM Geared players. Even in a 1v1. Resolve is just plain fkn BAD i.if u pvp trink is on cd u can pretty much be killed in 1 chained stun unless the guy is just bad. I didnt mind the current bag system except that stupid daily/weekly with armaments in illum, just tedious **** lol. Add more WZs and for cryin out loud make valor obtainable anywhere *** is the use of joining a pvp server when you can only gain **** from certain areas.

I'm a hardcore PvPer myself since many many years and I have to say that in this game, getting gear IS the only thing I care about. Which is pretty sad because as you have pointed out, PvP is something you do for fun and to measure yourself against the opponent and all that stuff.

But then again, what do we gain from PvP in TOR? Why put time and effort into something if you don't get recognition? Cause that's exactly the problem with TOR. In WoW you have a sheet with your lifetime kills for example. This is something that kept me playing. Racking up my kills and showing who's the top killer on my faction and in the meantime gain prestigious titles for every milestone.

In TOR you really don't get any recognition at all. You live from game to game and the only recognition is the score sheet at the end of the match, which no one really cares about.

So yes, gear is the only form of recognition in this game in terms of PvP. And that's why so many people don't give a rat's *** about anything else. Sad but true.

I guess I will just never understand. I don't care about titles or having my name #1 on some list or anything like that. I still don't even use a title in game heh. I just want to fight against good players. Luckily there are some decent Reps on my server.

So in other words there going to make it alot harder to get BM gear so all the already full BM Geared scrubs can keep on roflstomping the lower geared players... Bioware seriously needs to work on balancing this game. So far im half cent half champ gear and as a healer(merc) im having massive probs healing thru BM Geared players. Even in a 1v1. Resolve is just plain fkn BAD i.if u pvp trink is on cd u can pretty much be killed in 1 chained stun unless the guy is just bad. I didnt mind the current bag system except that stupid daily/weekly with armaments in illum, just tedious **** lol. Add more WZs and for cryin out loud make valor obtainable anywhere *** is the use of joining a pvp server when you can only gain **** from certain areas.

Sigh. BM GEAR IS HARDLY AN UPGRADE OVER CHAMP! God. They are not removing bags in 1.1.5 that is 1.2. They are adding an EXTRA way for you to get comms.

So daily/weekly AND 1k/1k trade in. Alright?

Edited by Acindo

Is it just me or are these systems getting worse. Granted that it's more consistent this way but instead of being excited about every bag and the possibilty of getting something good we're now down to a long grind. Every game is going to be "only X more games now" for a lot of people.

Also, not sure if I prefer AFK'ers over an empty slot that possibly could be filled.

Lastly, they need to atleast settle on one thing and stick with it because it's annoying as hell to approach 50 on a char without knowing what the system is going to be like once we get there. Should I save my commendations? Should I buy a bag already so that I have 6 when I break 50? Those type of things.

Edited by MidichIorian