The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My 7 year old asked....

Rohkai

My 7 year old is face rolling his way through the Sith starting area at the moment and he asked me a good question. He says, "Daddy, why don't the Sith and Jedi have a double jump or super jump in this game?" I told him, "Well buddy, it's an MMO and they don't usualy build in stuff like that." His response was, "But it's Star Wars!!! ALL Jedi and Sith can force jump super high." I could not rebuttle that one...

So, Why don't Jedi and Sith get a force jump?

Do Bounty Hunters get rocket packs?

Funny that... i never saw vader, obi-wan, yoda or luke doing any "super awesome double jump" in the movies.

come to think of it, there wasnt much of that in the prequels either really.

The sith and jedi get the jump-to-enemy ability, thats a pretty big leap.

Just like the bounty hunter gets a rocket jump to the enemy.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The world is a funny place:sul_confused:

Video game forums aren't real life. Like the game they're centered around, it's primarily fantasy and should be treated/approached as such.

Any other way and you're simply being trolled rather than partaking in the trolling.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

He said his son was "facerolling" through the class, which to me does not sound like any critical thinking.

He said the sith starting area, and to be fair you can get thru korriban by just mashing 1 or 2 buttons. We'll see how well he does when he actually has an ability priority.

7 year olds should not be playing MMOs.

why ? Every 7 year old is diffrent - my 8 year old (just turned 8) plays .... we were both new to MMO ... I took 10 levels to understand the game and how MMO works, he about 15 or more ... Im at L 38 and hes at L 42 and hes cleaning up and understands etiquette amongst adults

so cant agree - but can understand someone with little understanding thinking that

:D

You know what is so funny? Is that all of you bashing on my parenting skills have no clue. He watches me play and all he wanted to do was make a character and run around the starting area. He has no idea what he's doing, He died by one of those slugs!! I am however explaining cool downs, and the various effects of certain spells and abilities. It's not like I'm letting him play Halo or some bloody mature rated game. He's learing Technology skills. Those of you bashing me over him learning how to control a character in an MMO need to cancel your own subscription and go hug a ****in' tree or something. Welcome to the 21st century

:ph_good_post:

Oh I feel ya buddy. My little one is a tiny bit too young to play (she's 5 and loves the Star Wars universe) but she loves to watch me play and ask questions about the game (powers, quest related stuff, MMO-related questions, etc). I don't feel that there is anything wrong with her playing when she is a little bit older. I'm sure I'll be ready to tear my hair out with frustration in watching her play, so double kudos to you :)

Edited by DestinedChaos

this game is T for teen, i wish it was M for mature but they wanted a wider audiance to play this

Oh yeah, with so much realistic violence and blood, guts, and gore right? I'd go re-research what criteria a game has to meet to receive a Mature rating, but this game is leaps and bounds from a Mature rating.

That being said, there are times where the dark side decisions are very VERY dark, but again I do not feel that its extreme enough to even consider it an issue.

To the original poster -

That's a super cute story and it made me very happy.

I'm not a father but my answer might go something like this - "Well, in the movies and shows, those Jedi and Sith have been training a super long time. This is a new Sith, he hasn't learned everything yet."

Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights get to jump super far, and I think both Jedi Consulars and Sith Inquisitors get an ability where they jump pretty far and scatter a group of enemies, so it wouldn't even really be lying to him or setting up false expectations!

lulwut.

You come onto the official forums of a T rated game and tell them that a 7 year old is playing your account.

So how much trouble will bioware get into if they let this go now knowing what they know?

If I was you I would expect to get your account banned.

Sith story ffs yer laugh with your seven year old child as you shock vette and dress her as a slave girl.

What is wrong with you?

Go play dora the explorer game with her.

Edited by corbanite

lulwut.

You come onto the official forums of a T rated game and tell them that a 7 year old is playing your account.

So how much trouble will bioware get into if they let this go now knowing what they know?

Sith story ffs yer laugh with your seven year old child as you shock vette and dress her as a slave girl.

What is wrong with you?

Go play dora the explorer game with her.

This. Good points, but I thought game ratings were a reference for the parents. Is it really illegal to be underage?

I don't allow my 12 year old to play this game, but he watches me at times playing it and more than once asked if my Jedi/Sith stops being so utterly weak at any point :eek:

Guess Force Unleashed isn't healthy Star Wars education.

?????????

ROFLOL. TFU2 has more gore than this game ever will. You let your 12 year old cut heads off but not this? Strange.

This. Good points, but I thought game ratings were a reference for the parents. Is it really illegal to be underage?

Ratings have nothing to do with who can legally play the game, it's for purchasing and discretionary purposes only.

That being said the TOR ToS states a person under the age of 13 cannot have their own accounts. It, however, makes no mention of children playing an account registered to their parents, and as such has no obligation to ban the account for playing the game.

Posting on the forums is another matter entirely, but I don't think any sane parent would let their 7 year old children anywhere near these forums with the kind of stuff going on in here. :p

Ratings have nothing to do with who can legally play the game, it's for purchasing and discretionary purposes only.

That being said the TOR ToS states a person under the age of 13 cannot have their own accounts. It, however, makes no mention of children playing an account registered to their parents, and as such has no obligation to ban the account for playing the game.

Posting on the forums is another matter entirely, but I don't think any sane parent would let their 7 year old children anywhere near these forums with the kind of stuff going on in here. :p

Then the person I quoted kinda failed to understand this.

lulwut.

BioWare doesn't care and why should they?