I don't want to make three seperate toons.

Doctor_Brobotnik

its a GAME. saying anything in it should be limited is just plain stupid. we play games to get away from reality. stop applying reality rules to games.

--professions are like jobs. could we really work 6 jobs every day and survive very long? no. but this is a game so the same rules dont apply. we should have multiple professions.

--specs are like personalities. can one personl have several personalities? yes, but not while theyre still sane. this is a game so real life rules dont apply. we should have multiple specs.

It's a game saying it shouldn't have limits is really plain stupid.. All games have rules it gives them limits.. you play within the confines of that system. That is playing the game.

Edited by corbanite

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't buy into the argument that hitting a giant wall of waiting-for-group-fail for raids is intentional for one major reason - The crafting and PvP are basically broken as well. 'They are addressing it' according to Devs..

Kill Trading is openly advertised in General Chat..And actively participated in. You can go to Ilum and watch general chat, or fleet for that matter to verify. I could add on the 'extertise' mechanic and the ugliness of the gear, but I think the 'broken so bad 30% of the LvL 50 community cheats' issue is enough of an indicator of a broken element of gameplay.

The crafted gear being weaker than gear you can go kill-trade for ties in as well. Crafters of the affected professions must have spent time Reverse-Engineering to obtain non-existent recipes only to find out that the vendor gear is, after all, the best in-game. Seriously, fixing this after a couple months is really weak. How in blazes does that not get attention in development?

Still playing, still making alts, but I am really bored. Love ya Bioware, but please get your basic **** together before adding any new broken cosmetics like my music droid..

EDIT: This is related to the topic way back when it was mentioned that it was a design decision to get players to go back and replay a different story, and rinse and repeat, for end-game content and fun.

Edited by WasabiWei

My god. I want a million dollars a playboy model girlfriend and my wife and kids at home waiting for me.

I have decided that todays gamer is hopeless, people like the OP make me want to beat my children, (more). What is wrong with you people who think you should have everything for little to no effort, man I thought I was lazy but you sir take the cake, and apparently eat it too.:mad:

It's a game saying it shouldn't have limits is pretty stupid.. All games have rules it gives them limits.. you play within the confines of that system. That is playing the game.

the only "rules" that should apply are the ones that mean people arent cheating.

the rest is just arbitrary bs.

--is there anything preventing multiple specs? no. just the design of the devs...thats it.

--is there anything preventing multiple professions? no. just the design of the devs...thats it.

--is there anything preventing solo instances? no. just the design of the devs...thats it.

--is there anything preventing [random thing here]? no just the design of the devs...thats it.

Edited by Anathar

Not sure if I read the OP right? but are you asknig for a can do all build?

I think (if thats the case) this defeats the purpose of the character builds and teaming up. There are many mmorpg's out there that encourage teaming up as the different builds compliment each other making it doable...

For example in GW boss's and near end fights in particular you cant generally complete solo, although experienced gamers have found exploits to enable paid runs. You still need a compliment of various skilled attributes brought together by team.

In this game, so far although ive noticed buffs you can get it seems more group DPS in pVe to advance. This is disappointing, but time will tell I maybe wrong there maybe more strategy than interupt dps interupt heal dps...........

Having an all purpose build would surely drive this game into being a solo experience (creating yet another agrophobic mmo)

Edited by SNEAKYSIX

Not sure if I read the OP right? but are you asknig for a can do all build?

I think (if thats the case) this defeats the purpose of the character builds and teaming up. There are many mmorpg's out there that encourage teaming up as the different builds compliment each other making it doable...

For example in GW boss's and near end fights in particular you cant generally complete solo, although experienced gamers have found exploits to enable paid runs. You still need a compliment of various skilled attributes brought together by team.

In this game so far although ive noticed buffs you can get it seems more group DPS in pVe to advance. This is disappointing, but time will tell I maybe wrong there maybe more strategy than interupt dps interupt heal dps...........

Having an all purpose build would surely drive this game into being a solo experience (creating yet another agrophobic mmo)

no you didnt read it right.

its a GAME. saying anything in it should be limited is just plain stupid. we play games to get away from reality. stop applying reality rules to games.

--professions are like jobs. could we really work 6 jobs every day and survive very long? no. but this is a game so the same rules dont apply. we should have multiple professions.

--specs are like personalities. can one person have several personalities? yes, but not while theyre still sane. this is a game so real life rules dont apply. we should have multiple specs.

Well your choices in that case are pretty much currently one game that I am aware of - EVE. Everything else I know of that I have played or looked at is class based.

While your stance that we play to get away from reality is valid the simple fact is that games aren't designed the way you think they should be.

Everything has rules.

Well your choices in that case are pretty much currently one game that I am aware of - EVE. Everything else I know of that I have played or looked at is class based.

While your stance that we play to get away from reality is valid the simple fact is that games aren't designed the way you think they should be.

Everything has rules.

the choice YOU can think of may be EVE but thats just because you only have the ability to think of whats happening right now not what should be happening soon.

change can does and should happen. saying "no! i dont wanna!" wont stop it. the only thing that ever does stop change is ...dare i say it yet again? arbitrary bs.

its like saying gay marriage shouldnt happen because it doesnt happen right now and you dont like the idea of it...just arbitrary bs...nothing more.

Edited by Anathar

Since you are the "this is all a game" type.. Games have rules, don't they?

--is there anything preventing multiple specs? no. just the design of the devs...thats it.

Yes, the ruleset of said game.

--is there anything preventing multiple professions? no. just the design of the devs...thats it.

No, most classes can change between two professions in an instant (with the cost of a few credits). Apart from that - yes, the ruleset of said game.

--is there anything preventing solo instances? no. just the design of the devs...thats it.

No, you can do that (and probably die) - except operations where you need to be in an ops group to even enter.

Rules may change over time, though.

EDIT: What's "eierlegende Wollmilchsau" in english? Somthing like: an egg-laying woolen milk cow. That's what you are looking for in your char without "limits/set rules".

Edited by Aiwan

Well... but apparently Bioware wants you to run LOTS of alts... thats what the end game is about...

there is a nice dicussion here about this

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=323308

And yet, they didn't add in different sub-quests for different classes (Thereby making the experience that much richer) they left out a HUGE part of the game in Legacy.

lolol. I can't believe I paid over $200 for this crap. It's like buying a burger and only getting the bun.

Edited by Azumio

the only "rules" that should apply are the ones that mean people arent cheating.

the rest is just arbitrary bs.

--is there anything preventing [random thing here]? no just the design of the devs...thats it.

When you get enough financial backing, and the actual skill set to make your own MMO, then you can define what is arbitrary BS and keep it out of your game.

The "arbitrary" BS you are spouting off about it called development and design direction dictated by the....developers and designers of this game.

What may be arbitrary to you does not mean it is arbitrary to them.

Again...nothing stopping you from creating your own little world...other than probably skill set and money...but hey...you can overcome that I am sure.

I want to dual spec. I want to be able to heal, tank, and damage! It takes SOO long to level already, and I have to do it SO many times on the SAME LINEAR Planets to get what I want!

EDIT: A lot of people are talking about how I'm complaining about the length of time it takes to level. It's true that it does take time, but it feels EVEN longer due to the fact that you'll have to do the same quests over and over, and then spacebar through everything again, which is just ugh.

And everyone's like "Well all the class quests are awesome". Well that's good and plenty. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE 3 DIFFERENT TOONS. I want ONE Character, that does NOT require constant logging off and on. I want a character that I will always have. I don't want to have a handful of toons. And the game takes forever to load anyways. I don't understand why this game sucked so hard. I have been really let down by this game. I deactivated my account a month ago, wanted to give it a second opinion last week, and didn't even feel like leveling past 15 the second time around.

That's just plain stupid. If there was a class that could full-fill all the primary roles of a class system, then what's the point of having separate classes at all? May as well have four races and one class that just does everything. Then everyone will be identical.

Long live trolls.

Anyways, you can easily skip most of the quest by doing space missions/pvp/flashpoints. Even companions will give ton of exp if you keep on top of the affection. And only need 2 toons to get tank/healer/2x dps options.

the choice YOU can think of may be EVE but thats just because you only have the ability to think of whats happening right now not what should be happening soon.

change can does and should happen. saying "no! i dont wanna!" wont stop it. the only thing that ever does stop change is ...dare i say it yet again? arbitrary bs.

its like saying gay marriage shouldnt happen because it doesnt happen right now and you dont like the idea of it...just arbitrary bs...nothing more.

Well as I live for today and not tomorrows 'promised' magical christmas land I guess I will just agree to disagree with you.

;)

I want to dual spec. I want to be able to heal, tank, and damage! It takes SOO long to level already, and I have to do it SO many times on the SAME LINEAR Planets to get what I want!

EDIT: A lot of people are talking about how I'm complaining about the length of time it takes to level. It's true that it does take time, but it feels EVEN longer due to the fact that you'll have to do the same quests over and over, and then spacebar through everything again, which is just ugh.

And everyone's like "Well all the class quests are awesome". Well that's good and plenty. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE 3 DIFFERENT TOONS. I want ONE Character, that does NOT require constant logging off and on. I want a character that I will always have. I don't want to have a handful of toons. And the game takes forever to load anyways. I don't understand why this game sucked so hard. I have been really let down by this game. I deactivated my account a month ago, wanted to give it a second opinion last week, and didn't even feel like leveling past 15 the second time around.

If there's sarcasm upcoming its intended but don't know how to convey this otherwise -

You want to be able to spec 1. damage, 2. tank and 3. heals with one character by DUAL speccing? Unless you're one who thinks DUAL is spelled DUEL, it means TWO....so not sure why you'd expect to be able to do all THREE if you'd be able to dual spec. Anyway, don't think there is a paladin or druid type class where you can do all three and even then WoW never let you TRIPLE spec, at least as of when I quit before that panda nonsense.

IMHO, you seem like you would find a reason to be unhappy in a lot of games instead of just trying to enjoy them. The leveling right now is the best part of SWTOR and I love it. As a side note, I never liked the grinding of end game stuff much anyway, but end game here is much better (ZOMG another WoW comparison coming up) than it was when WoW came out, where people literally had zilch to do.

OFFTOPIC -

I'm just gonna let out a little rant here - i don't get this whole complaining culture we gamers are picking up. I get the frustration that stuff can be improved or everyone has a different vision of what a game should be and become frustrated that BioWare or whomever deviated from that vision, and as a community gamers should always provide feedback to developers because thats part of the strength of our community.

However this complaining stuff is getting out of hand, constructive criticism or theory crafting is great, just complaining and making no sense is stupid. As is /ragequit game for that matter, because the developers put in a lot of money into the game, and if people keep ragequitting for silly reasons that are a small fraction of the game and not appreciating the game as a whole the breadth and quality of MMOs will unfortunately start decreasing significantly as no one will want to invest into a culture thats so obscenely nit picky.

- ENDOFFTOPIC

Cheers

Since there is no advanced class that can do all three, you just have to get two toons and respec... (oh wait, the costs are too high, am I right?)

But since it takes you like a week to level to 50, I guess that is just too much to ask for.

BTW: Dual spec is already confirmed of being looked at (and coming "soon") , so why bother us with another thread?

A week? ***? more like a month of heavy playing.

If you only want to play one character,this game will not likely satisfy you.

I'd aim him towards FFXI.

Eventually, he could be every class to 99 on one toon if he so desired. And even get to use two of those classes at once (given, the second at 1/2 the level of the first...).

It takes realistically 90-120 hours to level to 50. however you choose to space that out.

Rift had classes who could do it all, I wasn't a huge fan. I'm all for dual spec (mainly because of endgame tanking, and to a lesser extent pvp), but not between ACs.. I actually feel bioware should be doing more to separate those rather than bring them closer together.

But thinking about having to do it all over again on a different champion, and the thought of not liking the SECOND class I roll makes it feel slow.

I thought the experience would be stale the second time around, but, I think, the change from a ranged to a melee class made a difference because the fighting style is sooo different. Maybe had I gone from a ranged class >> ranged class it might have felt a bit stale, but I don't know.