Add a "Skip all story" option

sylorien

I can deal with this one person not thinking that I'm a serious 'video-gamer', and I'm sure the rest of you can too. :)

According to one person we have an MMO full of non-video gamers, fortunately for the OP there are loads of MMOs out there where you don't have to pay any attention to the story or the lore.

Waiters gonna wait.

Trolled by a girl. sadface

Seriously, if you want cutscenes rent a dvd. As an MMO player you might do these quests dozens of times, you shouldn't give a crap. And you should also be smart enough to know that you shouldn't give a crap.

Go play WoW if you want a MMO with no story that makes pointless grinds even more pointless.

Go rent a DVD. No video game player gives a **** about the lore, particularly after they've seen it once.

If I wanted to watch a movie on DVD, I would... the thing that makes heavy storyline-based games more than a movie or a DVD is the INTERACTION. Yeah okay, so no matter what happens you may end up with the same line being fed back to you and the story may still end up in the same direction, but your point is flawed by this simple fact, no matter what consequences the interaction has.

I have played video games for years, and I play them because they have heavy storylines. My favourite game genre is the RPG (i.e there are OTHERS OUT THERE that will better cater to your need for lack-of-storyline) because of the emotion packed within, because of the story and the characters and the narrative.

Video games are the next generation in media entertainment. First we had radio, then we had film, then we had TV, now we have GAMES.

If you're too blind to see this, and you truly believe your own defamatory statement then I pity you. As many have said, if you REALLY want a game with no story then why the hell are you playing Star Wars MMO in the first place?!

Tbh, I don't even know why I have bothered writing this out, because you're blatantly a troll. It's obvious that this game is not your thing, but instead of just quitting, you come on here and flame the community as well as the game itself.

Edited by Mia_Sohma

Seriously, I don't care about lore. Don't make me hit the space bar and press "1" and hundred times. Just make it all into a checkbox. I don't want to see a single second of a cut scene ever again and I don't care about the dialog selections except that they match my force alignment. It's all just an extremely repeatative distraction that I don't want to deal with.

No. Maybe try pong or wow, they are about the same level and seem right for you.

Trolled by a girl. sadface

Seriously, if you want cutscenes rent a dvd. As an MMO player you might do these quests dozens of times, you shouldn't give a crap. And you should also be smart enough to know that you shouldn't give a crap.

Wrong game. Go back to WoW.

Edited by Jellison

Sigh. No its not. A serious gamer would never say that either.

Look, just stop hitting the reply button if this is your first ever MMO. No one plays video games for the cut scenes, ever. The cut scenes are ******** and annoying.

Yeah Dude.... No, Just No, A Serious Gamer Can Be serious Into games and STILL Find a STORY for any one particular game(or many) to be Good and Interesting.... Hell There is A Whole long list Of games(in many genres) that Are Considered More "Story driven" then action.

In an MMO I Agree, SOMETIMES, You Just want to Skip The story, Hell in CoX the story was down right bad(for the most part) and you just got through it to lvl so you could do other things... WoW IMO sucks all around Both lore and game play.... But SOME MMO's get it right.... MxO had a good story(for the first few chapters at least), And a Game base on THE MATRIX needed to have a story its a movie franchise... Same thing Here ITS START WARS.... its Just Not a Star Wars game without an Epic Story...

having said All that For people who want to Roll multiple characters And don't need to see the story play out 15 times... the Button should be there... But acting Like "No real Gamer" EVER "enjoyed a games story".... well thats a whole bunch of BS.

Hello Everyone,

As this thread has become more about types of gamers rather than the storylines and lore in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we will be closing it.

If you have suggestions for the game related to story and lore, we encourage you to post your ideas in the Suggestion Box forum. We always appreciate your constructive ideas for the game.

Thank you for your understanding.