Cantina jukeboxes

Nerfherd

So I tried buying a few tokens and playing a song on the cantina jukebox. Not sure this did much for me. I was thinking though, wouldn't it be cool if when you went to a jukebox it gave you a list of indi artist's songs that you could play? If artists could submit songs, and they were rotated through the juke boxes, that would give us a real reason to go and try them out.

You never know, a new artist might get discovered this way as well. Then you could have live in game concerts in the cantina and...

Well, seems cool t me anyway.

So you want the next Justin Bieber or Soulja Boy to be in our STAR WARS game... because that's the kind of garbage "indie artist" the internet has given us.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Apparently you dont know what "indie" means.

Bieber is signed to BMG. Getting lucky on youtube, being discovered by LA Reid and then introduced to Usher is not considered indie and BMG is definitely not indie. Soulja boy released ONE independent album, kinda, then was signed to Interscope under Collipark Music.

Now, Tech N9ne is a true indie artist, as well as the top selling album artist on an independent label EVER, his own, Strange Music. So if this would bring out artists like that.. I welcome it.

So, if you're going to knock someones idea, at least use proper facts to substantiate your dislike.

Apparently you dont know what "indie" means.

Bieber is signed to BMG. Getting lucky on youtube, being discovered by LA Reid and then introduced to Usher is not considered indie and BMG is definitely not indie. Soulja boy released ONE independent album, kinda, then was signed to Interscope under Collipark Music.

Now, Tech N9ne is a true indie artist, as well as the top selling album artist on an independent label EVER, his own, Strange Music. So if this would bring out artists like that.. I welcome it.

So, if you're going to knock someones idea, at least use proper facts to substantiate your dislike.

Excellent

Personally I'd love to see a music system thats a blend of the LOTRO and the old SWG way. Instruments that you actually play via the keyboard or hooking up a midi piano keyboard (LOTRO)... And people standing around listening receive some type of buff and can tip the musicians with creds (SWG)

Personally I'd love to see a music system thats a blend of the LOTRO and the old SWG way. Instruments that you actually play via the keyboard or hooking up a midi piano keyboard (LOTRO)... And people standing around listening receive some type of buff and can tip the musicians with creds (SWG)

That, my friend, is also a great idea!

So I tried buying a few tokens and playing a song on the cantina jukebox. Not sure this did much for me. I was thinking though, wouldn't it be cool if when you went to a jukebox it gave you a list of indi artist's songs that you could play? If artists could submit songs, and they were rotated through the juke boxes, that would give us a real reason to go and try them out.

You never know, a new artist might get discovered this way as well. Then you could have live in game concerts in the cantina and...

While I'm all for expanding on the jukeboxes, I think it'd be completely and utterly horrible to include RL artists in a Star Wars setting. Not only that but I also luckily think that LA would put an end to ideas like this rather rapidly.

Edited by Trenter

Why not just insert a youtube browser into the cantina jukeboxes? That way people can listen to whatever they want. Even though this adds the possibility of justin bieber coming out of the speakers, but then again i doubt many bieber fans know what an MMO is, they probably think its the noise that a cow makes.

Is usage of the jukeboxes limited to players with Social II or something?

I can buy all the tokens I want but jukeboxes aren't clickable for me.

At first I thought it was related to the holocomms/anti-alias bug but no,

even with anti-aliasing turned off nothing happens.

Emshwiller

I love it too, just leave the classic figrin daan songs in the tattooine cantina.

Great, then we'd have to listen to a bunch of techno and rap crud that shouldn't even be classified as music because there's no technique involved and they cuss every other word like delusional morons

Edit: And Christian bands would be turned away because "it's insulting to other religions" while we would let the junk I mentioned get played

Edited by FalcoLombardi

A very interesting idea.

Perhaps not the station; because people would object to it. But what about a single cantina such as Nar'Shadda?

Somewhere where it would make sense (from a story perspective) that some kid with a bit of rythem is trying to get his / her music out in desperate hopes of a better lifestyle.

Or perhaps I'm just being bias; because I would love to drop a token to play this for some friends:

(Copyright to Ronald Jenkins)

I think it would be great if Bioware put a proc in the jukebox to Rickroll them. Can you imagine hearing Rick Astley in swtor as your playing?:eek: Maybe have a dancer or two show up.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

Waves arm

"go about your business"