Do NOT go through with punishing people

Nermack

If you try to put a debuff on people for leaving warzones that you load into half way through or with tanks with 9k hp and you make me wait to re queue i and everyone i know will take our money elsewhere. You want to change the daily bag system fine we are already used to getting ****ed by bioware (hitting valor 60 before 1.1 anyone? ) but do not force me to have a ****** *********** time in a bg becuase some scrubs cry about people leaving warzones when the fact is they leave because of the scrub who is crying, he wants to be carried, and is so bad there is 0 chance of winning. Maybe when you have 8 man queues. Until then do NOT go through with it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"DO IT MY WAY OR EVERYONE WILL QUIT! I CAN'T PROVE THIS IN ANY WAY BUT IT'S A FACT. I KNOW MORE ABOUT DEVELOPING MMO'S THAN AN MMO DEVELOPMENT TEAM DESPITE NEVER HAVING SEEN A LINE OF CODE IN MY LIFE"

:rolleyes:

Maybe you should stop running away when you don't have a guaranteed win and enjoy the challenge?

Leaver punishment is a good idea. I've had too many teams dismantled at the first sight of a possible loss, I've seen entire imperial teams ragequit when we make small victories, and when imp teams don't seem to be getting anywhere on voidstar or anywhere else for that matter, they leave, screwing over whoever joins in the slot they left and what's left of their team. This selfishness needs to stop, and leaver debuff is one of the only ways to do it.

What would be nice is a preview panel with the warzone, numbers of players each side, time left in the wz - do you want to join yes or no. Maybe the scoreline as well though this might just lead to people not joining because they are whiny little pukes only looking for easy wins.

Leaver punishment is a good idea. I've had too many teams dismantled at the first sight of a possible loss, I've seen entire imperial teams ragequit when we make small victories, and when imp teams don't seem to be getting anywhere on voidstar or anywhere else for that matter, they leave, screwing over whoever joins in the slot they left and what's left of their team. This selfishness needs to stop, and leaver debuff is one of the only ways to do it.

^this^

Seen it happen alot

If you try to put a debuff on people for leaving warzones that you load into half way through or with tanks with 9k hp and you make me wait to re queue i and everyone i know will take our money elsewhere. You want to change the daily bag system fine we are already used to getting ****ed by bioware (hitting valor 60 before 1.1 anyone? ) but do not force me to have a ****** *********** time in a bg becuase some scrubs cry about people leaving warzones when the fact is they leave because of the scrub who is crying, he wants to be carried, and is so bad there is 0 chance of winning. Maybe when you have 8 man queues. Until then do NOT go through with it.

Good, we won't miss your kind.

if everyone quit when they was on a losing team you could never win.

i would personally rather people like you rage quit but hey life goes on.

how you think its normal to not punished someone for abandoning your team is interesting tho.

You do realize that your leaving the WZ could also be considered "punishing" players as well, right? Let's take the assumption that ALL the people in that warzone are scrubs and none of them are playing right (and also assume that you actually know how to play the warzones and you're not a medal farmer). You drop, and then some poor sap gets pulled into the warzone you just left and has to put up with the team you deemed inferior, unless HE also drops and punishes someone else.

And all that is assuming that your premise is a correct one. But it's been my experience that when people assume the attitude that you're assuming with your post, they're often not the PVP god they think they are. (and valor rank doesn't make you "Good" on it's own, it means you know how to grind.)

If they're going to add deserter buffs, then the warzone should not start until both teams are full, I've had way too many alderaan/voidstar games where we are just 3-4,5 players against 8 they roll us the first minute or two then before the quit timer ends more peeps get in which stops the timer, then those that got in leave when they see that we're already behind which start the timer again repeat ad infinitum. Edited by Herethos

If they're going to add deserter buffs, then the warzone should not start until both teams are full, I've had way too many alderaan/voidstar games where we are just 3-4 players against 8 they roll us the first minute or two then before the quit timer ends more peeps get in which stops the timer, then those that got in leave when they see that we're already behind which start the timer again repeat ad infinitum.

They also need to fix crash to char select on joining a warzone, random crash to desltops, leaping through the world map and ending up no where with /stuck not working, etc.

The game isn't ready for a penalty yet, but one should be added in the future to discourage quitting.

If they're going to add deserter buffs, then the warzone should not start until both teams are full, I've had way too many alderaan/voidstar games where we are just 3-4,5 players against 8 they roll us the first minute or two then before the quit timer ends more peeps get in which stops the timer, then those that got in leave when they see that we're already behind which start the timer again repeat ad infinitum.

This I can agree on as well. It happens most often for me early mornings. We'll log in and my side will have 5 people or less to the empire's 8. at night the opposite seems to be true.

I don't mind players getting punished for leaving a Warzone they played from the very start.

What you should not be punished for is leaving after having been thrown into an already ongoing Warzone in which your team is under by several points and with only a few minutes left on the match. Being placed into a hopeless situation beyond your control is not the players fault, so the player should not be punished for this.

This of course also relates to the pug vs premade issue, so it's equally provided teams get matched strictly pug on pug and premade on premade.

Provided these two conditions are met (1. Never get thrown into an ongoing losing match and 2. Never having to face a premade as a pug) then I have no problems with punishing any leavers.

SE

I don't mind players getting punished for leaving a Warzone they played from the very start.

What you should not be punished for is leaving after having been thrown into an already ongoing Warzone in which your team is under by several points and with only a few minutes left on the match. Being placed into a hopeless situation beyond your control is not the players fault, so the player should not be punished for this.

This of course also relates to the pug vs premade issue, so it's equally provided teams get matched strictly pug on pug and premade on premade.

Provided these two conditions are met (1. Never get thrown into an ongoing losing match and 2. Never having to face a premade as a pug) then I have no problems with punishing any leavers.

SE

in your mythical world where team work has no place in your warzone queue what would I do if I wante dto pvp with my brother?

Would I have to find 6 others to join the pre-made queue (or hope that there is a 6 man, 3 2 men, a 4 and 2 man, or any other mix of pre-mades which total 8) before I was allowed to play?

Sounds horrific to me.

You do realize that your leaving the WZ could also be considered "punishing" players as well, right? Let's take the assumption that ALL the people in that warzone are scrubs and none of them are playing right (and also assume that you actually know how to play the warzones and you're not a medal farmer). You drop, and then some poor sap gets pulled into the warzone you just left and has to put up with the team you deemed inferior, unless HE also drops and punishes someone else.

And all that is assuming that your premise is a correct one. But it's been my experience that when people assume the attitude that you're assuming with your post, they're often not the PVP god they think they are. (and valor rank doesn't make you "Good" on it's own, it means you know how to grind.)

i stopped reading after you called your team mates, "scrubs." We can pretty much guess you're one of the quitters this debuff is aimed at. Quit thinking you're superior and help your team win.

if you leave a wz thats almost over your punishing yourself lol

i personally think if you fill in the spot for someone that just left a wz you should have to stay.

not only does it go with the natural way of life. it will piss you off more when someone rage quits.

that will make it to where people start blacklisting quitters in other areas of the game. which will lower the amount of people that do it.. eventually

im sure they "try" to make the deserter buff only apply after the group has hit a certain limit of people.

only downside i can think of is i have loaded into hutball from corellia or belsavis a few times and had unusually long load screens that afk you out right after you join.

I leave for many reasons but never because I'm losing. A debuff would just piss me off and waste my time.

If it gets implemented, well have a bunch of nonparticipants avoiding the debuff. How is that better?

Because we will have a votekick function to get them debuffed anyway.

Maybe you should start pvping when in a pvp warzone instead of finding excuses to afk / quit?

It would harder for them to avoid the debuff, some wouldn't and we would get a repreive from playing with said DB.

Also it sets a precident that the behavior is punishable, we could report those DB's

Said DB's are the very small minority.. there behavior has encouraged other to do the same. Justification on forums and leaving losing WZ's has increased the population of people who practice this.

It needs to stop.. There are days when I dont get my dailys completed. Thems the breaks, get better, werk with your guild so they can get better and win some WZ's

I would'ent mind the debuff IF Wz's did'ent start until the teams were equal.

Too many times I join a game and we have 4 or 5 people. Hell I've joined games where there were two of us Vs 8 sith. Now i know bioware cant make people hit the enter button and the games are trying to start with 8 people, but having people join near 2 mins into a game is already a lost cause.

There is a period in the *wait* area before a game starts .. if by the time the game is due to start the sides are not equal the game needs to just auto shut-down. I'm sick of feeding the other side free win's because we're out numbers 2-1 or hell 3-1 in a WZ. Its bad enough that I face that in Ilum every day .. i dont need it in WZ's too.

120s of being beat on and giving the other side a free win does not encourage me to stay. Just abort the WZ's right away and give neither side a win / loss.

What happens if you're playing a real life sport and rage quit? Not only will you lose that match, but you'll probably be sitting on the bench for several more games if not the season. If you constantly rage quit while playing board or card games with friends, eventually nobody will want to play with you.

Why should it be any different in a MMO? Seriously, 5-10 minutes is a fraction of time and even if you're losing bad you should stick it out. Your time is no more important than that of the teammembers you are abandoning.

To be honest as long as they provide the option to queue with all 8 people, I am more than happy for them to go with any one of a number of punishments for leaving. When you play on a European server where half the population doesn't even have a rudimentary grasp of the English language such that after discussing at some length a plan to capture the left and mid turret you can almost guarantee Darth Igor will go trotting off merrily by himself to the right turret..... it is inevitable people would rather leave than hang about and hope for the best.

Just scrubs that want to be carried thats all you are. If i am to constantly carry scrubs then i should be paid for my work. ...... wait i'm not being paid? then its not my JOB to carry people that have no clue how to play. I was in a warzone the other day with 4 people from the same guild. Now i know that guild is all scrubs but a friend and i decided ah what the hell we'll try. Well those 4 scrubs went left on the civil war warzone we went right not 1 imp went to thier side they capped it and.... wait for it....... they *********** sat there the whole god damn time afk on that point and all finished with nothing 0 damage and would not leave it. Now when i enter a warzone and see that scrub guild you think for one second i won't leave it right away? Exactly and if bioware tries to punish me for it i will just punish them and leave like over half the population already has.

And for people who say good go well you will still lose every match because 1 you suck and 2 no one will be left to carry you as we will have moved on to better games like guild wars 2.

Leaver punishment is both good and bad.

Something needs to be done about people leaving a match mid game it really puts one side at a severe disadvantage. I've seen one person join and leave the same match 3 times on Alderaan.

HOWEVER I have been hit by biowares sloppy design and been kicked out of several huttball matches that i've come into mid game because i didn't have enough time to run from the start room to the field because i was trapped behind the blast shield. Also been kicked out of a Void star matches because the blast shield wouldn't let people out. it stayed up an entire match and people were dropping out like flies because they couldn't even join the game.

Punishment is good but unless they fix some sloppy underlying issues it will punish everybody for bio-wares bad design.