I got to 50 with healing

willyshoot

and well.. all I can say is. Don't.

Well not for pvp.. yes I know I am going to get "l2p" and "you're in cack gear" etc etc But I posted previously asking if I should stick with healing the and the resounding response was "no".

I thought I would give it a go just to make sure and my opinion is an Op healer lacks any serious burst hps so you simply just try to get away.. and if your instas are down.. you ain't getting away.

Previous mmo's healing is generally slightly stronger then damage.. so you may not be able to kill the person beating on you but well played heals will keep you alive. I do not get that feeling at all in SW.

If there are no TA's popping I am toast. Yes I know I am a fresh 50 but if I stand still to cast a 2s heal A. The damage I take in 2s > than the heal I get off B. I nearly always get interrupted.

I have played gimp classes in War/Rift/Aion but I always felt that played well you could make the class not as useless as it was. Some were even fun to play like the squid herder, I do not get that feeling for the Op healer. It's hide.. run... stun.. run... pop a heal.. hide... at no stage do I feel you change the game by healing :(

/rant over.

Needed to get that off my chest!!

Unfortunatly, it doesn't matter how good of a healer you are,

No amount of skill can fix our broken secondary mechanics (Tactical Advantage).

Getting TA on a reliable manner forces you to cast 2 second heals to do so. (for a single TA).

When you're in a situation where you can't cast that or when someone is under so much pressure that you do not have the luxury to cast for 4 seconds then there is nothing you can do.

The only other ways to get TA is by putting ourself in danger by being in melee range for shiv and just asking people to f*ck us up.

Or by praying to the RNG gods that Kolto Probe gives a proc. And even that requires time and GCDs

We desperatly need a Cooldown that allows us to generate TA procs instantly.

Evasive Imperative/Scramble replaced by following:

*Operative

- Cornered ~ Using Countermeasures gives you the advantage over the situation, instantly granting 2 stacks of Tactical Advantage.

*Scoundrel

- Trickster ~ Using Surrender tricks your opponent into thinking you give up, instantly granting you 2 stacks of Upper Hand

I would also love to see Infiltration/Smuggle to be actually made useful. Because in its current state its very lackluster.

Preferably a group or raid wide defensive cooldown that would make Operative/Scoundrel desired for Operations and dungeons.

Edited by Slowmojo

Unfortunatly, it doesn't matter how good of a healer you are,

No amount of skill can fix our broken secondary mechanics (Tactical Advantage).

Getting TA on a reliable manner forces you to cast 2 second heals to do so. (for a single TA).

When you're in a situation where you can't cast that or when someone is under so much pressure that you do not have the luxury to cast for 4 seconds then there is nothing you can do.

The only other ways to get TA is by putting ourself in danger by being in melee range for shiv and just asking people to f*ck us up.

Or by praying to the RNG gods that Kolto Probe gives a proc. And even that requires time and GCDs

We desperatly need a Cooldown that allows us to generate TA procs instantly.

Evasive Imperative/Scramble replaced by following:

*Operative

- Cornered ~ Using Countermeasures gives you the advantage over the situation, instantly granting 2 stacks of Tactical Advantage.

*Scoundrel

- Trickster ~ Using Surrender tricks your opponent into thinking you give up, instantly granting you 2 stacks of Upper Hand

I would also love to see Infiltration/Smuggle to be actually made useful. Because in its current state its very lackluster.

Preferably a group or raid wide defensive cooldown that would make Operative/Scoundrel desired for Operations and dungeons.

This

+

TA is also very restrictive only stacking twice with a 10 second duration is silly, if they either allowed a higher number of TA to take into account the RNG nature of kolto probe TA procs or gave it a minute duration (like EVERY other 2ndary mechanic/resource) it might be more bearable.

A minute delay would rock, allong with that have it stack to like 10, allowing for a bonus to healing based on how much you have, like 2% bonus for 1 - 20% bonus for 10 making TA less of a burden and more of a WoW this is really an advantage. as it stand we really only have 1 TA, as the other is needed for the bonus to healing it provides. Having to refresh this 1 TA, keep stim boost active as well as use the only good TA requiring heal all at once is what makes this a horrid mechanic, while, dont get me wrong i love the challenge and am pretty good healer in both PVE and PVP (topping the healing in PVP more than not) <proly cause imp healers on my server suck making TA and advantage and not a disadvantage is what the class trully needs for its healing

I both agree and disagree. Healing is not a strong as damage for sure. I don't think it really should be on a 1-to-1 scale, but it also should not be entirely blockable. In a direct battle a healer must deal with both knockback and interrupts and stuns. Thus there are 3 ways to spoil what you are doing and make it impossible. And there are really only 2 valuable heals in the bunch, with maybe a third for light healing when you are moving (and when can you afford to stand still in PvP?)

But the healing in PvE is kinda uber. And if you have the right group or stupid enemies the healing in PvP can be uber. It does come down to tactics and knowing your character skills. To really be hot you have to master relics, powers and equipment. And in the end it is only marginally fun to do that day after day in warzones and no fun at all on Illum where I have to spam AOEs to get credit even if I keep people alive all day long.

So the issue is the mechanics don't align with the way PvP is effective, with folks hopping around all the time. When is the last time you had a PvE battle that anyone did something other than stand there after they take position at first (OK the Rancor in Karagga's does move a bit).

So to be fair, nothing is totally broken, just misaligned for various game play. I am sure the forums are full of suggestions, but here are a few I can drop as I don't get to the forums often as I prefer to play, but am not at home 8) And this is from a Sage viewpoint...

* Mix up heals, where the strongest is a bit stronger, but you have to stand still and cast a bit longer and such .. I would say make the Healing Trance this way and double or triple the total healing

* The 'middle' heals should be something I can do on the move, but take just as long to cast

* The 'smaller' ones are OK, but maybe mixed in with force armor or such?

Plus, as implied

* Give better rewards in WZs for healing

* Make Illum so you get credit for kills of someone you healed as well as someone you attacked. Is it fair I do 200 damage and get credit for a kill, where another healer does 10K healing and keeps someone alive and does not?

Nice discussion though! In all honesty I respected to try out to different damage templates and I like it as a nice change of pace. I feel bad about not being full healer, and I do enjoy the challenge better, but I am now in the valor grind so every medal helps.

Hmm I lvled extremely easy as a scoundrel healer, letting bowdaar tank.

As for pvp, 2 days ago at around lvl 42 or so I did 270K + healing and a bit of dps as well.

Not sure if I could pull it off on lvl 50 as well, but I already got a champions bag waiting in my cargo hold got enough points to buy another 1 or 2 at 50.

I'm reading something about TA which I assume is the Imperial agents version of Upper Hand? No idea how the agent works, but it shouldn't be much different considering the classes are mirrors of each other.

If I'm not mistaken besides the new warzone, new medals are added as well.

Then again I really do not care that much about them, I might have only gotten about 3-4 since I was so focussed on healing that I totally forgot about throwing around some grenades except for interupting caps. I'm fairly sure my healing in that game made the difference because it was very close to a draw or it might have been a draw but we ended up winning and I gained 2 MvP's putting my com's gained around 77.

I think I probably need to get more crit rating, because the diagnostic scans crits give more energy back that way, but I also need to keep alacrity in mind.

However I'm enjoying healing alot and from the looks of things on my server, whether I'm guarding as a trooper or as a healer, I'd be filling in a niche and also doing it quite well,

potentially making winning a bit more likely. Or when losing at least I get tons of medals to progress further and if I get mvps in the process as well the better.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee