The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which Skills Can We Take Off Our Bars Permanently?

Tycholiz

I'm leveling a shieldtech specced powertech and am wondering which skills I can take off. Should I ever use missile blast? or is the damage just too low for its cost? Also, is unload worth the damage it does? I've noticed that it seems to be kind of low compared to other skills. Thanks for the replies

Missile blast is completely inferior to flame burst in every way because it's so inefficient. Range isn't even a valid point because in the event that you are about 30 meters away just jet pack to them. If your jet pack AND grapple are on CD then you're still probably better off spamming rapid shots over missile blast because that way you can proc ion gas cylinder.

Unload is a nice when you're high on heat because its very efficient in its damage per heat. It also has a high chance to proc ion gas cylinder. But I'd say it's more a PvP ability than a PvE one.

Edited by Toxification

While not really impressive in raw numbers, missile blast WILL knock down standard/weak enemies, very rarely allowing you to knock them off heights, and always allowing you to follow up with a rail shot if done right away. Against stronger mobs or in PvP though, only useful for the tiny amount of splash damage.

Missile Blast is great for AOE stopping a capture in PvE from 30m range. I leave it on my bar for that reason alone.

This.

Only time I use it is to AoE the enemies trying to plant a bomb in voidstar and my Death from Above is on cooldown.

unload is awesome for harassing healers, and missile blast is awesome for crappy AOE (when you need to stop a cap). I keep these two on crap keys, but still hittable if I need them (shift 5 and shift 6).

The only time unload belongs in PVE is when you're tanking and you won't get hit for the entire duration, but even then it's just a filler.

Heroic Moment and Shoulder Slam are the only two abilities that don't have a place on my bars; they are only useful for solo PVE (like dailies) and I don't really do solo PVE. They are ridiculously powerful abilities if you can use them, though.

Flamethrower isn't worth using for single target because not only are you immobilized it simply isn't efficient. You're better off with flame burst.

Flameburst x 2 costs 32 heat and deals ~1700 damage

Flamethrower costs 24 heat and deals ~2200 damage

I think you meant to say Flamethrower is one of our most efficient abilities :p

Flamethrower is great whatever you do. In PVP you should only use it though when enemies aren't paying attention to you or they are stunned. I usually try to flamethrower them after I carbonize or electrodart them.

The former lets you stun and then burn multiple enemies.

That's what I do as well if they're stun in any way it's the flamethrower.